Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
  #1966  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Think it will be better to kit out drives then

Skiddins where did u get ur upper clamps from if u can still
Buy them ?
mwoods is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 AM
  #1967  
Tech Adept
 
Chubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 174
Default

Hi there looking for a new servo for my T3 any suggestions and what are u guys using? If savox which is the best one?

Thanks
Chubba is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
  #1968  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lenham, Kent, UK
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by Chubba
Hi there looking for a new servo for my T3 any suggestions and what are u guys using? If savox which is the best one?

Thanks
Take a look at the Hitec HS-7775MG, used a lot in the UK
shrek54 is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 PM
  #1969  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default T3 2011

Please Pm me if anyone knows who has a kit in stock! Most places are out! Thanks
haywood is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 PM
  #1970  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,787
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Another shock building question...

I followed the instructions below to build aluminum shocks. One thing I noticed is that after bleeding the shocks, the cap closes to a certain point but once the shock shaft is fully extended, the cap can screw on significantly. Once it's tightened, the shock does not move properly which is obviously undesirable.

Has anyone else found this to happen? Are you leaving it tightened to the initial cinch down (after bleeding while keeping the shock fully compressed) or am I doing something wrong in the building process?

Dane is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
  #1971  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Does KO 2413 LO Pro servo use front mounting holes

I need room for electronics and was wondering if anyone knows if the KO 2413 Low Profile Servo uses the front mounting holes. I don't want to cut the ear off and do not have room with my futaba servo because it uses the rear hole. If not what servo uses the front holes in the 2011 chassis
TRESFR is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 PM
  #1972  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,277
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TRESFR
I need room for electronics and was wondering if anyone knows if the KO 2413 Low Profile Servo uses the front mounting holes. I don't want to cut the ear off and do not have room with my futaba servo because it uses the rear hole. If not what servo uses the front holes in the 2011 chassis
Mark, I use the 2413 ko servo and I had to cut right side ear off.....
King of B Main is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 AM
  #1973  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Just cut the ear off, replacement cases are dirty cheap.

I actually cut both ears off mine and shoe goo'd it on, this lets you move it further forward and liberate some more room
CraigM is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
  #1974  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I only ever used to use those indoor, and now I don't do that either.
Elliot Harper told me that they can also reduce the amount of steering, so I haven't used them since.
They will obviously last better than the kit items, but you will wear out the blades you require to run those.

Skiddins
Why you dont use the delrin outdrives from Litemodz?
eded1 is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
  #1975  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,952
Default

Originally Posted by mwoods
Think it will be better to kit out drives then

Skiddins where did u get ur upper clamps from if u can still
Buy them ?
They came from Hong Kong, but I believe they've stopped making them, so the new Xray items are the only ones available.

Originally Posted by eded1
Why you dont use the delrin outdrives from Litemodz?
Have you read the Litemodz thread!
The company are unreliable, have crap quality control and seem to have trouble sending out any parts.

I also had problems when they were TiR.
Their driveshafts were great, when they weren't falling apart.
Skiddins is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
  #1976  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default T3 2011

Couple of questions

Why are many people running the Tamiya shocks over the Xray shocks?

I will be running non boosted 17.5 on carpet and I am looking for a starting set-up for running the correct weights of lube in the gear diffs?

Thanks
haywood is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:47 AM
  #1977  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Not sure. The plastic shocks work perfectly fine. They are a little more tricky to build, but when done correctly they aren't bad at all. I'm currently running the Xray aluminum shocks mainly because the threads on the body don't get all screwed up from dirt.

I would start with a spool up front and use either 1-2K diff oil in the rear diff. 1K will make the car rotate harder off power, while 2K will make the car feel smoother and more stable.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
  #1978  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Not sure. The plastic shocks work perfectly fine. They are a little more tricky to build, but when done correctly they aren't bad at all. I'm currently running the Xray aluminum shocks mainly because the threads on the body don't get all screwed up from dirt.

I would start with a spool up front and use either 1-2K diff oil in the rear diff. 1K will make the car rotate harder off power, while 2K will make the car feel smoother and more stable.

-Korey
Thanks
haywood is offline  
Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM
  #1979  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
alecladanga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Manila
Posts: 886
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood
Couple of questions

Why are many people running the Tamiya shocks over the Xray shocks?

I will be running non boosted 17.5 on carpet and I am looking for a starting set-up for running the correct weights of lube in the gear diffs?

Thanks
One of the reasons as well is that it is easier to get the equal rebound to all 4 shocks with the tamiya. Plus of course, it is sturdier than the plastic shocks and one complete set of 4 tamiya shocks is cheaper than buying 2 pairs of the xray alu versions.

I bought the tamiya black shocks since i always get my plastic ones broken because of my driving and when i decided to hop up the suspension, i chose for the cheaper alternative.

the tamiya shocks work great with the xray springs i must say and no regrets here.

+1 on the 2k oil for the geardiff, it's a good starting point and it runs smooth and has more push compared to the ball diff.
alecladanga is offline  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 AM
  #1980  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: W.V.
Posts: 2,225
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TRESFR
I need room for electronics and was wondering if anyone knows if the KO 2413 Low Profile Servo uses the front mounting holes. I don't want to cut the ear off and do not have room with my futaba servo because it uses the rear hole. If not what servo uses the front holes in the 2011 chassis
I'm using a ko propo rsx servo and didn't have to cut any of my ears off... what are your electronics???

-DC-
smitty2802 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.