R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #1831
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
Check the spool output cups for wear, also that your driveshafts are not binding on full lock. The driveshafts do need greasing at the joint to keep them free. Also check for any wear on the coupling on the driveshaft.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #1832
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
What about me?
Calibrate your speedo at 100 EPA on the throttle then bump it down to about 90...should be good after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
If BonieDonie has anything handed to him in Memphis, its going to be me handing him his a$$!
He goes by "Madonna" now...thank you Yang!!

-rocky b
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #1833
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
He goes by "Madonna" now...thank you Yang!!

-rocky b
i sense that I got the name wrong isn't he the "material girl in a material world" ?

man, he is going to break my other ankle when he sees me again.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #1834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
Calibrate your speedo at 100 EPA on the throttle then bump it down to about 90...should be good after that
Do I also need to reverse my steering and bump the expo to + 100%?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #1835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
check tires for glue, make sure you have even steering throw left and right. check shocks for even rebound too.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #1836
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

here is the problem im having . my car is awsome for about 2 min then it starts to push , its still fast and handles well but not as fast as it was, tire temps are 95 front and 89 rear after 6 min so i dont think im over heating them. any tips on things i can try would be great
thanks.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #1837
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i sense that I got the name wrong isn't he the "material girl in a material world" ?

man, he is going to break my other ankle when he sees me again.
Never would I go for he ankle Yang, maybe your throttle finger. LOL
Bonadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #1838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Good luck; I don't even think he knows where his throttle finger is after spending more time horizontal than a ...well, the word geisha comes to mind.

Yang, I did make some progress with the rebel BTW. Managed to repeat times similar to the CRC. Hurry up and get better.

Your Friend,

Andrew
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #1839
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
here is the problem im having . my car is awsome for about 2 min then it starts to push , its still fast and handles well but not as fast as it was, tire temps are 95 front and 89 rear after 6 min so i dont think im over heating them. any tips on things i can try would be great
thanks.
well if your shore the tires are not overheating then i would say its your Tyre preparation (ie) sauce your using or if your running a gear diff during the day the oil will thin out giving a difference feel to your handling at the end of the race.Just a couple of things to check for.cheers
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #1840
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone have a low grip asphalt (small technical track and bumpy) setup they can share. the standard T3 2011 setup - works great on a bigger track (medium grip & bumpy) but on this small track i am getting more push on throttle.
thanks.
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #1841
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default servo mount

hi guys thought i would put up a post with pics of my servo turned. a little different from Alex Hagberg's but this way you can use all standed steering parts apart from a 26mm turnbuckle will need to be brought.The servo can be mounted with double sided tape or if would like piece of mind it will not move then you will have to drill a 3mm hole in the bottom deck to support the standed servo mounting post and will also need to count sink the hole as well.
p.s and the room to mount the electronic after the servo turn is sweet:-)

Xray T3 2011-tamara-034.jpg

Xray T3 2011-tamara-035.jpg

Xray T3 2011-tamara-036.jpg
Old 03-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #1842
Tech Regular

Has anyone done a back to back test using the t3 and the t3 2011
Is it any faster ??

Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #1843
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
hi guys thought i would put up a post with pics of my servo turned. a little different from Alex Hagberg's but this way you can use all standed steering parts apart from a 26mm turnbuckle will need to be brought.The servo can be mounted with double sided tape or if would like piece of mind it will not move then you will have to drill a 3mm hole in the bottom deck to support the standed servo mounting post and will also need to count sink the hole as well.
p.s and the room to mount the electronic after the servo turn is sweet:-)

Attachment 729510

Attachment 729511

Attachment 729512
hei pimp... how your steering feeling after change the servo turn...?
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1844
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I did the servo mod myself to test out this past weekend and here are my thoughts:

Overall, the car seemed easier to drive...easier to find the entry to corners...easier to control the car coming out of corners and durring correction.

I don't think that you'll see an outright change ultimate fastest lap... but for me it seemed easier to pull off those faster laps with a more comfortable driving car and more consistantly.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #1845
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
Has anyone done a back to back test using the t3 and the t3 2011
Is it any faster ??

Thanks
The T3'11 seems to have more steering. This means you can setup the car up for better balance and still have more than enough steering available.

I don't have any specific figures for lap times etc, but haven't yet come across anyone who doesn't think it's better. Which wasn't what i found when we first went from the 009 to the T3.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote