R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #1831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
Check the spool output cups for wear, also that your driveshafts are not binding on full lock. The driveshafts do need greasing at the joint to keep them free. Also check for any wear on the coupling on the driveshaft.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Kyosho RB6 | Kyosho Rudebits DB2
Chris-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #1832
Tech Fanatic
 
flatspunout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere between raising hell and Amazing Grace
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
What about me?
Calibrate your speedo at 100 EPA on the throttle then bump it down to about 90...should be good after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
If BonieDonie has anything handed to him in Memphis, its going to be me handing him his a$$!
He goes by "Madonna" now...thank you Yang!!

-rocky b
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #1833
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
He goes by "Madonna" now...thank you Yang!!

-rocky b
i sense that I got the name wrong isn't he the "material girl in a material world" ?

man, he is going to break my other ankle when he sees me again.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #1834
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
Calibrate your speedo at 100 EPA on the throttle then bump it down to about 90...should be good after that
Do I also need to reverse my steering and bump the expo to + 100%?
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #1835
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
check tires for glue, make sure you have even steering throw left and right. check shocks for even rebound too.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #1836
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

here is the problem im having . my car is awsome for about 2 min then it starts to push , its still fast and handles well but not as fast as it was, tire temps are 95 front and 89 rear after 6 min so i dont think im over heating them. any tips on things i can try would be great
thanks.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #1837
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i sense that I got the name wrong isn't he the "material girl in a material world" ?

man, he is going to break my other ankle when he sees me again.
Never would I go for he ankle Yang, maybe your throttle finger. LOL
Bonadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #1838
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Good luck; I don't even think he knows where his throttle finger is after spending more time horizontal than a ...well, the word geisha comes to mind.

Yang, I did make some progress with the rebel BTW. Managed to repeat times similar to the CRC. Hurry up and get better.

Your Friend,

Andrew
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #1839
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
here is the problem im having . my car is awsome for about 2 min then it starts to push , its still fast and handles well but not as fast as it was, tire temps are 95 front and 89 rear after 6 min so i dont think im over heating them. any tips on things i can try would be great
thanks.
well if your shore the tires are not overheating then i would say its your Tyre preparation (ie) sauce your using or if your running a gear diff during the day the oil will thin out giving a difference feel to your handling at the end of the race.Just a couple of things to check for.cheers
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #1840
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

does anyone have a low grip asphalt (small technical track and bumpy) setup they can share. the standard T3 2011 setup - works great on a bigger track (medium grip & bumpy) but on this small track i am getting more push on throttle.
thanks.
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #1841
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default servo mount

hi guys thought i would put up a post with pics of my servo turned. a little different from Alex Hagberg's but this way you can use all standed steering parts apart from a 26mm turnbuckle will need to be brought.The servo can be mounted with double sided tape or if would like piece of mind it will not move then you will have to drill a 3mm hole in the bottom deck to support the standed servo mounting post and will also need to count sink the hole as well.
p.s and the room to mount the electronic after the servo turn is sweet:-)

Xray T3 2011-tamara-034.jpg

Xray T3 2011-tamara-035.jpg

Xray T3 2011-tamara-036.jpg
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #1842
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Has anyone done a back to back test using the t3 and the t3 2011
Is it any faster ??

Thanks
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #1843
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
hi guys thought i would put up a post with pics of my servo turned. a little different from Alex Hagberg's but this way you can use all standed steering parts apart from a 26mm turnbuckle will need to be brought.The servo can be mounted with double sided tape or if would like piece of mind it will not move then you will have to drill a 3mm hole in the bottom deck to support the standed servo mounting post and will also need to count sink the hole as well.
p.s and the room to mount the electronic after the servo turn is sweet:-)

Attachment 729510

Attachment 729511

Attachment 729512
hei pimp... how your steering feeling after change the servo turn...?
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1844
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

I did the servo mod myself to test out this past weekend and here are my thoughts:

Overall, the car seemed easier to drive...easier to find the entry to corners...easier to control the car coming out of corners and durring correction.

I don't think that you'll see an outright change ultimate fastest lap... but for me it seemed easier to pull off those faster laps with a more comfortable driving car and more consistantly.
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- 1UP Racing -- ActivRC -- P1 BRAND -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #1845
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
Has anyone done a back to back test using the t3 and the t3 2011
Is it any faster ??

Thanks
The T3'11 seems to have more steering. This means you can setup the car up for better balance and still have more than enough steering available.

I don't have any specific figures for lap times etc, but haven't yet come across anyone who doesn't think it's better. Which wasn't what i found when we first went from the 009 to the T3.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net