Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM
The Evicerator

I believe RC America just recieved a shipment and I believe that the new bulkhead clamps were in the order... I would check with your favorite hobby shops over the next few days and order them!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default t3 2010

I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

What's the verdict with the gear diffs?
Do they make the car handle any better than the ball diff?
Are there less rebuilds with the gear diff and are they consistent?
What I'm getting at is are they worth the investment?
I'm asking because they were the hot topic, but it seems there is hardly any talk of them now.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gonzo416
What's the verdict with the gear diffs?
Do they make the car handle any better than the ball diff?
Are there less rebuilds with the gear diff and are they consistent?
What I'm getting at is are they worth the investment?
I'm asking because they were the hot topic, but it seems there is hardly any talk of them now.
definitely the way to go these days... the guys at local track even run front and rear gear diffs now when running mod motors.

no more worries on diff slipping, and less rebuild frequency... as long as no gear diff oil leak, they are consistent.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I am loving my gear diff. I think part of the reason there was a stir earlier was people were figuring them out and trying different combinations/designs/oils. Now that many of them are being run in cars and people have sorted them out there's no more talk because the diffs are doing exactly what they are supposed to. I've had my NT1 modded gear diff in my boosted 17.5 '11 for several months with no maintenance and it feels as smooth as the day I built it and it hasn't leaked a drop. Worth every penny when you consider the time and effort I would have spent in that time period rebuilding diffs and replacing thrusts and sanding rings etc.

I don't personally feel any performance difference between a freshly built ball diff and the gear diff. The advantage comes when the ball diff wears in and becomes less than optimal but not bad enough for me to want to rebuild.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Andrew, I'll be getting in touch with ya soon bro.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I am loving my gear diff. I think part of the reason there was a stir earlier was people were figuring them out and trying different combinations/designs/oils. Now that many of them are being run in cars and people have sorted them out there's no more talk because the diffs are doing exactly what they are supposed to. I've had my NT1 modded gear diff in my boosted 17.5 '11 for several months with no maintenance and it feels as smooth as the day I built it and it hasn't leaked a drop. Worth every penny when you consider the time and effort I would have spent in that time period rebuilding diffs and replacing thrusts and sanding rings etc.

I don't personally feel any performance difference between a freshly built ball diff and the gear diff. The advantage comes when the ball diff wears in and becomes less than optimal but not bad enough for me to want to rebuild.
Are you running them in the front & rear?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Cool JB.

No front diff yet, but it is on my wish list. I run 12th primarily, and a spool in lower grip conditions can be tricky at times, although I do believe a touch faster if you can hang on to it over a balll diff up front. I am hoping the gear diff with the right oil up front will give me an in-between, providing a little easier to drive car without giving up the forward bite and steering.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by obi wun
I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
Check that the shocks are even side to side etc.
Remove shocks from wishbones and make sure the wishbones move freely.

I would dismantle the corners of the car and rebuild, taking care that nothing is binding etc.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
Come race tomorrow night and we'll figure it out...get there early!

-rocky b
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Come race tomorrow night and we'll figure it out...get there early!

-rocky b
What about me?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Brian, if you come down and race I know we can figure it out.... If you want a day long car ride.Lol
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bonadona
Brian, if you come down and race I know we can figure it out.... If you want a day long car ride.Lol
I wish. I'm 3 for 3 so far this year with going to race outdoors and having it rain.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bonadona
I'll take a raincheck....and just hand you my car in Memphis.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

If BonieDonie has anything handed to him in Memphis, its going to be me handing him his a$$!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.