Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I finally have my t311 out on the track, setup, and running. I have to say it's the best I have ever built and driven! I am having one particular issue with it though. I keep breaking and losing front blades. Last night I neglected to check for front blades and chewed my aluminum outdrives all up. What should I do to eliminate my blade problems?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

as a new onroad guy i have a few q's
most of the club guys i race with keep telling me to get xray
I know they handle better but that much?
do they break less then other cars?
I notice their is a buget car version t3r is that just a plastic ver of t3?
is the t3r a high end tamiya ta-05v2? how would the two compare?

tanks for the info
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny55
So I finally have my t311 out on the track, setup, and running. I have to say it's the best I have ever built and driven! I am having one particular issue with it though. I keep breaking and losing front blades. Last night I neglected to check for front blades and chewed my aluminum outdrives all up. What should I do to eliminate my blade problems?

I would put some black grease on the blades...
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've never had an issue with the blades. Make sure they are on tight and do not bind I guess. What length driveshaft are you using?

I can't speak to the Xray Aluminum outdrives but I've heard mixed reviews.
I use to run the 52mm shafts with the plastic outdrives without an issue. When I switched to the 50mm shafts I have to shim out the plastic outdrive a bit (1mm) or they will undoubtedly break in a run or two.

I currently run the 52mm Flying Fox outdrives and have the 50mm on order. They are awesome, hardly any wear on the blades. Highly recommneded if you can get in contact with the company. Lately I have heard no response from them ....

Has anyone been in contact with them lately? They make such a good product it would be ashame for others to miss out.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I would put some black grease on the blades...
Well I know YOU, and I know you WOULD...
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ByteStream
I've never had an issue with the blades. Make sure they are on tight and do not bind I guess. What length driveshaft are you using?

I use to run the 52mm shafts with the plastic outdrives without an issue. When I switched to the 50mm shafts I have to shim out the plastic outdrive a bit (1mm) or they will undoubtedly break in a run or two.

I currently run the 52mm Flying Fox outdrives and have the 50mm on order. They are awesome, hardly any wear on the blades. Highly recommneded if you can get in contact with the company. Lately I have heard no response from them ....

Has anyone been in contact with them lately? They make such a good product it would be ashame for others to miss out.
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the 50mm so I think what I'm gonna do is go with the plastic spool out-drives. What I don't understand is where you are shimming???
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I see paul pretty regularly but I'm not sure exactly what is going on with the shop. I know he's been having a lot of issues with international post so I think he's looking to pick up a distributor in the states.

The FF out drives are great, I use them in mod and my blades last for ages
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

are the atomic spool outdrives any good? i broke a plastic one and want to upgrade...
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone using the lipo multidiff? The LW drives are sweet.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Can someone explain to me how to shim out the out-drives? I am using 50mm and the bones seem to not be in deep enough.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone explain to me how to shim out the out-drives? I am using 50mm and the bones seem to not be in deep enough.
Johnny come see me at anytime while I'm at TQ tomorrow through Sunday
Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Johnny come see me at anytime while I'm at TQ tomorrow through Sunday
Awsome! Thanks Fred
Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Fred H., are you running a T3 2011?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey Fred H., are you running a T3 2011?
Yep.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by draggin87
are the atomic spool outdrives any good? i broke a plastic one and want to upgrade...
I use the atomic spool outdrives, the aluminum version. I had a nasty crash a few months back and broke one outdrive. After I replaced it (1 bought 2 sets just in case) and placed the xray hard bumper, I've no problems at all come crash time! they work great!

There is another xray outdrive made by atomic which is a steel version. I think this might have been better but the problem is, it's always almost out of stock if you buy it on line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.