R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #1741
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The kit droop setting can make the car a bit of a handful on some tracks, I would go to 5mm front to help on power. For better initial steering try lay the front shocks down one hole on the tower
Thanks. I was just about to try putting the shocks down a hole but it started raining for the last race. Was my plan to try that out for the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
What springs/oil and droop are you running?

If your very aggressive in getting on the power out of a corner I would suggest going with a harder rear spring for a start, that might help with both corner entry and exit in your case.
Standard springs/oil (3.0 front, 2.6 rear, 350wt all around). I built the shocks with about 25% rebound.

I was going to buy some 2.8's for the rear to try out. I am more agressive on turn in than on the power. But because of the understeer I get on turn in I'm needing to be on the power probably more than I would otherwise to get around the turn.

Forgot to mention my car was clearly the loudest all weekend with the tyres screeching on corner entry (I've heard this means something but unsure what).

Thanks for the help by the way. My old car was pretty good out of the box so I never needed to do much to improve the handling of the car. So I've never really learned much about set ups.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #1742
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Thanks. I was just about to try putting the shocks down a hole but it started raining for the last race. Was my plan to try that out for the next meet.

Standard springs/oil (3.0 front, 2.6 rear, 350wt all around). I built the shocks with about 25% rebound.

I was going to buy some 2.8's for the rear to try out. I am more agressive on turn in than on the power. But because of the understeer I get on turn in I'm needing to be on the power probably more than I would otherwise to get around the turn.

Forgot to mention my car was clearly the loudest all weekend with the tyres screeching on corner entry (I've heard this means something but unsure what).

Thanks for the help by the way. My old car was pretty good out of the box so I never needed to do much to improve the handling of the car. So I've never really learned much about set ups.
So what does it mean when tires screech? I am running my new t311 and am getting screeching tires, but never had that happen before.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #1743
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
The ball end has a 3 mm hex machined into the non flanged side. You leave the set screw projecting from the arm, and then use a 3 mm hex wrench to thread the ball onto the set screw. Do you have a manual with the kit you are building?
Thanks, got it. Sometimes I'm slower than my driving!
triple7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #1744
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Glad to help.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #1745
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
So what does it mean when tires screech? I am running my new t311 and am getting screeching tires, but never had that happen before.
It generally means that you are generating a LOT of traction and its the tires on the verge of sliding hence the screeching sound. It can sometimes mean your over driving, hitting bumps that upset the car in the corner, etc.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #1746
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the ECS Driveshafts .. there seems to be 2 different drive shaft pins with flat spots available ..

305390 - ECS Drive Shaft Pin 1.5 x 8 with Flat-Spot
305391 - ECS Drive Shaft Pin 1.5 x 9 with Flat-Spot

Which ones are recommended?
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #1747
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The two sizes are necessary to build correctly the ECS drive shaft.

The drive shaft case is bigger on one side as you can see.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ing%20Steel%99
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #1748
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It generally means that you are generating a LOT of traction and its the tires on the verge of sliding hence the screeching sound. It can sometimes mean your over driving, hitting bumps that upset the car in the corner, etc.

EA
Its also an indicator that your tyres are overheating. If the car gets pushy going into a corner and loose on power towards the end of a run, normally this is the culprit. It can be solved by running softer springs, gooping differently, running less aggressive bodies, or just changing your driving style
Old 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #1749
Tech Regular

anyone used the spec-r springs on this car yet ? do they feel the same as the xray ones.....

Last edited by mwoods; 03-16-2011 at 03:47 PM.
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #1750
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple7s View Post
Not quite sure I understand. In an earlier step they have me screw the setscrew into the front arm, now I 'unscrew" it into the ball end to pull it on?
Put the thin M3 set screws into the wishbones as the manual says, the shocks have a ball joint top and bottom that take a 3mm hex driver.
When you attach and remove the shocks you only use the 3mm hex in the ball joint.
THis then screws onto the M3 grub screw in the wishbone.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #1751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
I don't know about too much traction or overheating! I can still get tires to screech on the very first few laps. And if it was too much traction, you would hear nothing!

when I get screeching tires, to me that means the tires are past their used life, as the tire is to the point when it's gripping, sliding, gripping, sliding. Put on a new set and you will hear nothing.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #1752
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

well i'm new on this thread, just upgraded from a 009 to the t3 2011 sedan. gonna start building it this weekend. Woohoo. anyways are there any issues i should look out for or inside build tips? i'll be racing it on asphalt this summer and want to run gear diffs up front at least. any suggestion also for fluid weights?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #1753
Tech Adept

Hi there, i was wondering what the difference is in running 48 pitch and 64 pitch?

I will be using a 13.5t motor and later may also be running 4.0T motor.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #1754
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post

If you want an extremem test simply swap the springs around so the 3.0's are on the back and 2.6 on the front.
This may help confirm is it will start you in the right direction for changes
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #1755
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringdriver View Post
well i'm new on this thread, just upgraded from a 009 to the t3 2011 sedan. gonna start building it this weekend. Woohoo. anyways are there any issues i should look out for or inside build tips? i'll be racing it on asphalt this summer and want to run gear diffs up front at least. any suggestion also for fluid weights?

Notch your Drive shaft pins or get the Pre Notched one's Xray sells.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote