Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
  #1606  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (141)
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Does anyone make optional belts for the t3, maybe that last a bit longer? I just replaced the front belt and it had really left a lot of belt material in the pulley teeth.
using a gear diff?
hacker is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
  #1607  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Is the T3 2011 using the 2.5mm chassis?

What is the motor dent area thickness?
ioxqq is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
  #1608  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (129)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Question. If I run the aluminum shocks on my 2011 do I need to use the short shock shafts?
Dusttt is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 AM
  #1609  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,917
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Is the T3 2011 using the 2.5mm chassis?

What is the motor dent area thickness?
2.5mm Chassis

Thickness at motor area is 1mm
Skiddins is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM
  #1610  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 4,149
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
Question. If I run the aluminum shocks on my 2011 do I need to use the short shock shafts?
The aluminum shock kit comes with the correct shock shafts... they are different alltogether than the shock shafts that are used in the plastic shocks.
Steve Weiss is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 AM
  #1611  
Tech Adept
 
Chubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 174
Default

Hi there. I have just bought a new T3 2011. I am new to the 1:10 ep as I run 1:8 gp. I was wondering what servo do you guys use? Standard size? as I have spares from 1:8.

Any other suggestions and tips for the build and setup?

Thanks
Chubba is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM
  #1612  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

The current range of ko propor servos are rather good (rsx range) along with the sanwa 801. I think low profile or standard doesnt matter you just have to make sure the car is good when you balance it. There arent really any issues with the build of the kit. The only tip to follow really is to dremel a flat on the driveshaft pins where the grub screw sits to help stop them coming loose.
John_S is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
  #1613  
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

hi guys. looked at the pictures from Euros and both Teemu and juraj has the servo mounted like the Tamiya and yokomo

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...02f892376c8735

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...cc542f7648ffc0

perhaps thats how the servo position is going to be on the T3 '12

steven
StevenOlsen is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
  #1614  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (129)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
The aluminum shock kit comes with the correct shock shafts... they are different alltogether than the shock shafts that are used in the plastic shocks.
Thanks Steve!! Thanks for all the help at the track too.

I was thinking that maybe I had the wrong shafts in because my car had soooo much steering that I had dual rate to zero and epa to 60% and still too much steering. It wasnt loose though. I am going to tear it down tonight and check everything out. I had white 17.5 springs on front and the kit 14s on the back. My oils were assoociated 55 in front and 45 rear. Probably time to get some xray oil and new orings.
Dusttt is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
  #1615  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (129)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,384
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Hey also does anyone know the covnversion calculation for CST vs WT in the oils.
Dusttt is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 12:00 PM
  #1616  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
Hey also does anyone know the covnversion calculation for CST vs WT in the oils.
I don't think there is a "conversion calculation". I believe that each brand needs to be measured for accurate readings. Here is a handy listing that was put up on the Internet:

http://www.twf8.ws/php/index.php?opt...per&Itemid=175
Advil is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 PM
  #1617  
Tech Adept
 
Chubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 174
Default

Originally Posted by John_S View Post
The current range of ko propor servos are rather good (rsx range) along with the sanwa 801. I think low profile or standard doesnt matter you just have to make sure the car is good when you balance it. There arent really any issues with the build of the kit. The only tip to follow really is to dremel a flat on the driveshaft pins where the grub screw sits to help stop them coming loose.
Thanks for the information. Also what is a good starting point for the motor pinion. I am thinking of using a 13.5T motor or should I be using another T motor?

Thanks
Chubba is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 PM
  #1618  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default stock racing

have a little mercy on me guys...new to this TC stuff...is the internal ratio of the t3 1.9? Also, does anyone have a setup for high bite carpet running tekin, duo3 17.5 blinky light (stock)...is box setup a good starting point or would someone like to throw me a bone (setup)!!!!!???!!??oh yeah..track is about 70ftx30ft..
obi wun is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
  #1619  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yes it's 1.9. I recommend starting with EA's setup from the 'Birds and talk to him about his setup from the last Mid West Grand Slam they both are really good.

EA's 2011 Snowbird Nationals 17.5 Setup
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
  #1620  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default stock racing

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Yes it's 1.9. I recommend starting with EA's setup from the 'Birds and talk to him about his setup from the last Mid West Grand Slam they both are really good.

EA's 2011 Snowbird Nationals 17.5 Setup
thanks for the setup information...last question for the night..what is the difference between the exotec chassis and the stock chassis...i think i spelled that right...
obi wun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.