Xray T3 2011

Reply

Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 AM
  #1546  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Fair play mate but these bits and alloy shocks come included with almost all top cars

Not knocking the car mind its great, and I'm sure will be even better with these parts

Just not entirely sure charging 130 quid for what is standard everywhere else actually is good value
Its not just that. It means that we would need to spend an Extra 70 to get the car up to the same spec as what the team and what future Setups are running. Its a shame to see such a high priced option part in the 2nd month of 2011 for a 2011 car , especially if they make a big difference. I will be sticking with the H/L/normal links.
geubes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:54 AM
  #1547  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Fair play mate but these bits and alloy shocks come included with almost all top cars
I was driving a Tamiya before joining Team Xray and I have to say I actually prefer the roll center holders that come standard on the Xray cars. They are easier to work with and very suitable to most track conditions (which is also a product of the rest of the car's suspension geometry). I don't miss feeling that need that I need .5mm shims here or there to go faster!

Just my $0.02.
M-Technic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 AM
  #1548  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (101)
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,337
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I was driving a Tamiya before joining Team Xray and I have to say I actually prefer the roll center holders that come standard on the Xray cars. They are easier to work with and very suitable to most track conditions (which is also a product of the rest of the car's suspension geometry). I don't miss feeling that need that I need .5mm shims here or there to go faster!

Just my $0.02.
that's because potter corrupted your mind on the tamiya
20 SMOKE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
  #1549  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,820
Default

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
The new camberlink mounts have landed in the UK heres a quick scan of the info sheet included in the pack....
That's interesting.

I have the Max Carbon versions of the same thing and 3mm of shims were required to move the balljoint to the same height position as the L1 & L2 QRC's, whereas the Xray parts start with 0mm to achieve the same thing.

So the Max Carbons can be lowered more and the Xray version cannot be made to recreate the '009 orange QRC's

Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
  #1550  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
That's interesting.

I have the Max Carbon versions of the same thing and 3mm of shims were required to move the balljoint to the same height position as the L1 & L2 QRC's, whereas the Xray parts start with 0mm to achieve the same thing.

So the Max Carbons can be lowered more and the Xray version cannot be made to recreate the '009 orange QRC's

Skiddins
Looking at the pictures, the link-positions are quite high up, but I believe you can make longer links with the Xray version than with the Max Carbon (please correct me if I am wrong).
Nilks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
  #1551  
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Default

does anyone have a link with pics to the max carbon ones?

luke
Luke Hobson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 AM
  #1552  
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Default

found it, dont worry lol
Luke Hobson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
  #1553  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,278
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Luke you get to try that setup?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
  #1554  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,180
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
does anyone have a link with pics to the max carbon ones?

luke
this product was stop !
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
  #1555  
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

Do we really need them at the clubman level and will they actually be worth it. I for one am not screaming out for more adjustment than the H and L quick roll centres give me.
darrenoakley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:09 PM
  #1556  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Originally Posted by darrenoakley View Post
Do we really need them at the clubman level and will they actually be worth it. I for one am not screaming out for more adjustment than the H and L quick roll centres give me.
Then you won't need them. It is only for super-precise adjustment of rollcenter and the possibility to use longer links, which you probably won't need.
Nilks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
  #1557  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

RCMARKET when would you have the new 302028-O in stock?
Psycho_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
  #1558  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ball Diff

Just got my kit (first Xray and electric tc) and going through it I see the ball diff comes pre-assembled. Should I pull it apart and check it or is it good as is? Looking forward to the build and I may have some questions. Thanks in advance.
triple7s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
  #1559  
Tech Master
iTrader: (98)
 
mickrcarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marietta Ohio
Posts: 1,468
Trader Rating: 98 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by triple7s View Post
Just got my kit (first Xray and electric tc) and going through it I see the ball diff comes pre-assembled. Should I pull it apart and check it or is it good as is? Looking forward to the build and I may have some questions. Thanks in advance.
needs to be greased,so yes take it apart
mickrcarver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
  #1560  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,077
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

wondering what parts do you keep as spares.... Are they the occasional arms, knuckles, carriers? thanks!
cheapskate.brok is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service