R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #136
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Any idea when they plan to release info on the new car? Perhaps Oct 1st?

Pre-Order NOW !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #137
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,935
Default

The changes Xray has made. My not look like big ones, but it shows up on the track. My car at the IIC did everything I wanted it to do. The over all bite the car made was great. It my not look that much different but it sure does not drive like the T3 in a good way.

Thanks Drew
__________________
RCAMERICA-Xray-Hudy-GravityRC-Kopropo-PROLEVELRC-Team EAM-ORCA-P1Brand-AVID-ProlevelRC Raceway-MOTIV-Max Power America-SRC America
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #138
Tech Elite
 
R Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty2802 View Post
Robbie Dodge -psshhh who is that guy???

-DC-

I think the real question here is, what is an R/C car??

Thanks for the positive comments John, I'm happy we could help.

The new car sounds pretty exciting and I can't wait to see/drive one. Good to know Drew and Paul are getting a chance to try these things out at races like IIC and provide Hudy good, real-world feedback.
__________________
★RCAmerica •Xray •Hudy •Motiv •PROTOform •Gravity •Avid •TQ Wire •Sanwa •BSR •ProLevelRC •2mmDesigns •Timmy •5Nines★
R Dodge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #139
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Wrong direction?

I guess we will see the car soon enough, but from a marketing stand point I think it will be an epic fail. Unless they can get it to exceed the 416 on a variety of track conditions, I think it spells disaster for sales. I really hope I'm wrong. Regardless if the T3 was the fastest at the worlds, they are missing the point. People want many of the features that's the current cars. Xray seems really behind Tamiya right now. The 417 has many changes and improvements, what will the T3 have? Same bat channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
I agree. I hope the changes are in the right direction as well. I love xray cars. I love my T3 Foam car, you couldn't pry it from my cold dead fingers! But since foam is pretty much no longer I bought a T3 rubber spec last race season, it hurts me to say that I didn't like it. I never broke anything on my foam car, but when I would hit a board with the rubber car the dog bones would explode. The pin would shear and everything. And those aren't cheap to replace. The car was so hard to drive for me. I couldn't get the rear end planted. So I bought a Tamiya 416X and love it. But if I can get the T3 2011 to feel like my 416 I'll switch back to Xray in a heart beat. only time will tell. Is there a release date for the 2011 edition T3 yet? It will be a toss up for me too between the new T3 and the 417.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #140
Tech Regular
 
Impulse_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

People can't you see that RCKnight is one of those individuals who gets in a crowd yells "BOMB" and then sits back and watches the crowd reaction.
This whole thread is an exercise in him avoiding boredom.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I guess we will see the car soon enough, but from a marketing stand point I think it will be an epic fail. Unless they can get it to exceed the 416 on a variety of track conditions, I think it spells disaster for sales. I really hope I'm wrong. Regardless if the T3 was the fastest at the worlds, they are missing the point. People want many of the features that's the current cars. Xray seems really behind Tamiya right now. The 417 has many changes and improvements, what will the T3 have? Same bat channel.
__________________
Xray T3 EU
KO Propo Helios
Tekin RS Pro/LRP X-12/Venom LiPo
Hudy
Litemodz CVS
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #141
Tech Fanatic
 
miccal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_racer View Post
People can't you see that RCKnight is one of those individuals who gets in a crowd yells "BOMB" and then sits back and watches the crowd reaction.
This whole thread is an exercise in him avoiding boredom.
+1...don't feed the troll!
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #142
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miccal View Post
+1...don't feed the troll!
+1
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #143
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Yeah he acts so pro Xray then he changes his tune in the next day. Plus he is a super marketing guy as he claims. If Xray has done it wrong so much from a marketing and product content then why are they so popular? It's as if he wants his post count wants to go up.

I have held the proto-car and it looks really goodand like Drew said the car is an improvement as in the small details.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #144
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default LOL

Yeah I express my opinion. It's funny how fan boys can't tolerate it. I like whatever is best for the customer. You guys are too easy. Who cares what I think, right? Bored? Yes! Waiting for news on the next car. Just remember, what I said. Oh and remember this forum is to talk about products and racing. Stop kissing company @ss. I get tired of people telling me what I can and can't talk about.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:10 AM   #145
Tech Master
 
Pablo Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Yeah I express my opinion. It's funny how fan boys can't tolerate it. I like whatever is best for the customer. You guys are too easy. Who cares what I think, right? Bored? Yes! Waiting for news on the next car. Just remember, what I said. Oh and remember this forum is to talk about products and racing. Stop kissing company @ss. I get tired of people telling me what I can and can't talk about.
I'm no Xray fanboy but sometimes cannot make sense from your opinions. Surely you don't believe you know more about TC design/production than XRAY?? There will be reasons behind every decision they make with the changes to the new car, reasons that you would never have considered. You have made it very clear on numerous occasions what your wish list is but now its just time to sit back and wait. Then simply decide whether to buy one or not.

What would be really nice is if from now on, no posts are made in this thread unless it is some real insight on what the 011 will be. I waste too much time reading the dribble that this thread contains.
__________________
Paul H

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #146
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

Don't forget in the week leading up to the Worlds, he called a nailed-on certainty that Xray would have a new car and it'd revolutionise RC, from his source at his local track.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Stop kissing company @ss. I get tired of people telling me what I can and can't talk about.
Maybe you should listen? If theres no news, don't make stuff up to fill your boredom dude. This is how Xray operate and won't change just because you're not happy. You'll win no friends here with that attitude, and eventually when you start a thread people will look at who it is, and think ''Oh jeez, its HIM! Skip to next thread!''.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #147
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Don't read the thread then...

No one forces you to read my dribble. If you don't like my posts then don't read them. Very simple. Yes, I do think companies, are not all knowing, some do lose sight of their customers. Cut corners and make bad decisions. Whatever reason they decide, sales will reflect it in the end. Trust me, I hope I'm wrong. lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I'm no Xray fanboy but sometimes cannot make sense from your opinions. Surely you don't believe you know more about TC design/production than XRAY?? There will be reasons behind every decision they make with the changes to the new car, reasons that you would never have considered. You have made it very clear on numerous occasions what your wish list is but now its just time to sit back and wait. Then simply decide whether to buy one or not.

What would be really nice is if from now on, no posts are made in this thread unless it is some real insight on what the 011 will be. I waste too much time reading the dribble that this thread contains.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #148
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,935
Default

You always dont get what you want. And guess what thats life. And that is what is great about life is that you can choose what you want. To buy or not to buy. But that is you and what you want. Do you know how hard it is to please everyone, guess what you can't nor can we.

I like Xray but I am not on here because I am a "fanboy". I am just stating facts that I have seen with the car. Have you drove one or seen one yet? This is info that people want, They want to know about the car not guess and makeup what it really is.

Xray loves to hear peoples opinion's on stuff and they take it all into thought, but they also have there vision for there company. I for one trust the Hudy's in there decisions, sometimes I don't get them all, but in the end it all works out.

Thanks Drew
__________________
RCAMERICA-Xray-Hudy-GravityRC-Kopropo-PROLEVELRC-Team EAM-ORCA-P1Brand-AVID-ProlevelRC Raceway-MOTIV-Max Power America-SRC America
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #149
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

This is my solution for these type of posters.

Click User CP-Ignore List- Then type the name of trolls and such. The thread looks much better now.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T3 2011-untitled.jpg  
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #150
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
This is my solution for these type of posters.

Click User CP-Ignore List- Then type the name of trolls and such. The thread looks much better now.
Done! Thanks buddy
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net