Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #571
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Did email them. Got no response.

I'm sorry but who ever packed this package up did not make a mistake. They just don't care. It was thrown together.
I'd figure someone here would know. There is no harm in asking.
Yea you emailed them Saturday 40 minutes before you posted here. Really giving them a lot of time to get back to you on a weekend.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yea you emailed them Saturday 40 minutes before you posted here. Really giving them a lot of time to get back to you on a weekend.

EA
You must really be bored. That's still no excuse for lack of attention in the workplace.
Emailed P. All sorted out. Since your so interested with my post. Goodday.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #573
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
You must really be bored. That's still no excuse for lack of attention in the workplace.
Emailed P. All sorted out. Since your so interested with my post. Goodday.
Nope not bored...while they dont patrol this board I do (see signature). Glad Tony got it taken care of as he should have. Thats what the customer service email is for.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yep Alls well.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #575
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Does anyone know the specs of the bearings and where can I get one?
Thanks
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #576
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default timing help

im running a stock pan car class on carpet. im using the 17.5 d3 with a tekin rs esc. were not allowed to run any timing or anything in the esc. only can adjust motor timing. can anyone give me some advice on how much timing to run on these motors? thanks, matt
dms888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #577
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms888 View Post
im running a stock pan car class on carpet. im using the 17.5 d3 with a tekin rs esc. were not allowed to run any timing or anything in the esc. only can adjust motor timing. can anyone give me some advice on how much timing to run on these motors? thanks, matt
Disregard....
Deleted my post.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #578
Tech Master

Hey guys, I recently purchased a Team EPIC D3 "Monster Horsepower" 13.5t to run in a boosted touring car class. I'm using a Tekin RS as a speedo.

I've got a problem where I have excessive 'drag' brake during corner entry. I quote 'drag' since I have no drag brake specified on the speedo. The only thing I can think of is that the motor itself is causing the drag. I've noticed that there's quite a bit of 'cog' in the motor when you rotate the wheels by hand - strong magnets, I assume.

I'd like the motor to run a bit freer; my first thought was to add some push control, but it (strangely enough) didn't have any effect. I know in 1/12 that push control works exrtremely well, allowing the car to roll through the corners better. However, it doesn't seem to have much effect with the D3.

Anyone have any suggestions? The drive train runs free, so I don't think the issue comes from that.

Thanks!

(I'm also going to post this on the Tekin RS thread, as this thread hasn't seen much activity lately).
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #579
Tech Elite

Does the motor get hot fast? Check the bearings in the motor and make sure it isn't shimmed too tight. Does it have the stock purple rotor in it? My D3 doesn't feel notchy or tight with the stock purple rotor in it. I know with a larger tuning rotor it will feel that way.

You can also try running a larger pinion and spur. The bigger pinion will let the car roll more freely than a smaller one.

Good luck
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Check the soldering of your esc power wires on to the buss bars of your motor as some wire strands could have connected to the other terminals during your soldering. Even a tiny single strand could induce a "braking" effect when you are in neutral. Just my two cents worth.
TWM Katana - Zeta Horten BV38 - Freewing Pandora
cocojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #581
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocojam View Post
Check the soldering of your esc power wires on to the buss bars of your motor as some wire strands could have connected to the other terminals during your soldering. Even a tiny single strand could induce a "braking" effect when you are in neutral. Just my two cents worth.
I agree with this post, Has happend to me many times.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #582
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Does the motor get hot fast? Check the bearings in the motor and make sure it isn't shimmed too tight. Does it have the stock purple rotor in it? My D3 doesn't feel notchy or tight with the stock purple rotor in it. I know with a larger tuning rotor it will feel that way.

You can also try running a larger pinion and spur. The bigger pinion will let the car roll more freely than a smaller one.

Good luck
Nope, not hot at all. Motor comes off the track at about 120F. I don't run turbo, just boost. Yes, I believe it has the stock purple rotor.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #583
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocojam View Post
Don't think this is the cause - only a small amount of wire is exposed, and what is exposed is inserted through the holes in the terminals, and soldered on the other side. So, it's pretty much impossible to have strands crossing over.

I'll check it out tho. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #584
Tech Regular

Default starting point

Hi guys, finally ordered a D3 13.5t today after much deliberation!!

Anything I need to be aware of? ie what FDR should I run (indoor track 30mtr x 20mtr), how much timing should I put on the motor itself?

I will be running boosted.

Thanks
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #585
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Don't think this is the cause - only a small amount of wire is exposed, and what is exposed is inserted through the holes in the terminals, and soldered on the other side. So, it's pretty much impossible to have strands crossing over.

I'll check it out tho. Thanks for the suggestion.
Have seen your solder job at the track and your leads look good. I would take apart the motor and roll the front/back bearings to see if they are free.

Next is shine a flash light and examine the stators surface a couple of my d3's after running the extra glue (stator epoxy) would melt into the center and rub against the magnet causing drag. Had to slowly file at it until flat again.