Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba CDR5000 or CE 35 GFX

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Futaba CDR5000 or CE 35 GFX

I need some help. I'm feeling the urge to by a new charger.
Help me to decide between the:

Futaba CDR5000 or Competition 35 GFX.

Money is not an issue in the decision process.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Futaba CDR5000 hands down thats the only reason im using inferior chargers at the moment because I am waiting for it

and also money is no issue to me when it comes to rc
Old 06-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Futaba looks nice(pics). I haven't them around yet, however.

The GFX is rock solid....

I would like to see the Futaba..
Old 06-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tres

that's because they havent hit the US yet wait till they are available to the public and you will see alot more of them and less of the CE GFX's around
Old 06-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tres

The Futaba is a nice unit...but not to popular here in Japan.. the Pro-Trak and GFX are still King...with the Record Breaker following shortly behind..
Old 06-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FW05R
Futaba CDR5000 hands down thats the only reason im using inferior chargers at the moment because I am waiting for it

WHat?!? My friend, the Futaba charger is not any better that the GFX. The futaba may do 320293948 cells at once, and yes, it may also show you fancy graphs for each cell, but if you trust your battery matcher and did not get bubba to match your batts. then why would you need that feature anyways? You will know that your pack is bad when you start slowing down on the track. Plus, the GFX has a beutiful motor run feature. Also, if you know what to put the settings at on the cycle feature, that is one of the best things you can find on a charger.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

How can you say it's the best when you haven't used one?

'Who's pocket are you in? This is a travisty, a sham, and a mockery. It's a travishamockery."
Old 06-22-2004, 09:32 PM
tornado

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
WHat?!? My friend, the Futaba charger is not any better that the GFX. The futaba may do 320293948 cells at once, and yes, it may also show you fancy graphs for each cell, but if you trust your battery matcher and did not get bubba to match your batts. then why would you need that feature anyways? You will know that your pack is bad when you start slowing down on the track. Plus, the GFX has a beutiful motor run feature. Also, if you know what to put the settings at on the cycle feature, that is one of the best things you can find on a charger.
GFX die hards ! You have me support dude ! I'm a GFX owner and die hard too !

Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Griffin
How can you say it's the best when you haven't used one?

'Who's pocket are you in? This is a travisty, a sham, and a mockery. It's a travishamockery."
Ho ho ho another one!

Old 06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
tornado

Buy one first.....test it and give us a report. It better be good....else forget that you've ever mentioned that this charger is DAMN GOOD! Meanwhile GFX still rules !

Old 06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
I have the Futaba. The individual cell voltage feature during discharge is very useful as it identifies the bad cell in the pack. It is also useful in the sense that you may FEEL that one pack has more punch than the other but with this charger you will KNOW for sure which one has less IR and more voltage in different stage of discharge.

It does not have the motor run-in feature but it does charge RX/TX pack at the same time as the main battery. The thermo function is also nice as it provides yet another safeguard for overcharging.

I think the GFX is a very good charger and I would not hesitate to get that either. But I really like the individual cell feature and the Futaba is just a heck lot smaller and lighter than the GFX.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I have the Futaba. The individual cell voltage feature during discharge is very useful as it identifies the bad cell in the pack. It is also useful in the sense that you may FEEL that one pack has more punch than the other but with this charger you will KNOW for sure which one has less IR and more voltage in different stage of discharge.

It does not have the motor run-in feature but it does charge RX/TX pack at the same time as the main battery. The thermo function is also nice as it provides yet another safeguard for overcharging.

I think the GFX is a very good charger and I would not hesitate to get that either. But I really like the individual cell feature and the Futaba is just a heck lot smaller and lighter than the GFX.
where did you buy it I want one
Old 06-22-2004, 09:47 PM
tornado

Originally posted by jeffreylin

CDC V6 would give the readings like IR and ave voltage of your pack and you don't need the individual cell readings to tell you which the bad cell is. The pack will feel like s**t when its screwed......we have the trusty old digital voltmeter to find the culprit. To me the Futaba charger is just another charger with 6 digital voltmeter and is able to plot the graph from the data acquired. No offense...just my $0.02.

If it could zap the cells .....thats something else.... I'll get it!

Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
CDC V6 would give the readings like IR and ave voltage of your pack and you don't need the individual cell readings to tell you which the bad cell is. The pack will feel like s**t when its screwed......we have the trusty old digital voltmeter to find the culprit. To me the Futaba charger is just another charger with 6 digital voltmeter and is able to plot the graph from the data acquired. No offense...just my $0.02.

If it could zap the cells .....thats something else.... I'll get it!
Of course you can use a voltmeter etc. but it's nice to have all in one package working together. Size is a big issue as I carry too much crap to the track as it is and smaller and lighter is preferable to bulky and heavy.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

where did you buy it I want one
Got it in Taiwan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.