R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default 1/12 run on concrete

I am wondering about running 1/12 on concrete. I am wanting to run a tbar with 17.5. I have run on carpet quite a bit but just am wondering what would be some good things for setup to consider different than carpet. What kind of track prep would be suggested for concrete?
__________________
Houston,Texas
Serpent 733 EVO
Mikes Hobby shop-Porter Texas/ Gulf coast Raceway"Electric Is For Hairdryers"..Eric Koger
Chris [email protected]
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
I am wondering about running 1/12 on concrete. I am wanting to run a tbar with 17.5. I have run on carpet quite a bit but just am wondering what would be some good things for setup to consider different than carpet. What kind of track prep would be suggested for concrete?
Praying would probably be of better benefit than anything else I can think of. A distant second would be blowing off the surface REALLY well. Third is a tie between running a link car so you can soften the crap out of the center and side springs, and coating your tires with shoe goo and then truing them down to 57 mm once they've dried.

Good luck!!
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Praying would probably be of better benefit than anything else I can think of. A distant second would be blowing off the surface REALLY well. Third is a tie between running a link car so you can soften the crap out of the center and side springs, and coating your tires with shoe goo and then truing them down to 57 mm once they've dried.

Good luck!!
Hahahahaha!! What's up Awd? Thought I may get an answer like that. I was looking last night and looks like bsr is making some 1/12 caps. Which we run alot of in this area. I may give those a try!
__________________
Houston,Texas
Serpent 733 EVO
Mikes Hobby shop-Porter Texas/ Gulf coast Raceway"Electric Is For Hairdryers"..Eric Koger
Chris [email protected]
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
mxrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N. GA.
Posts: 4,426
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok, here how it works...it does not work even with caps. Now that I have said that there are exceptions. Alphacat who is on rctech has had some slight success with soaking down a concrete (or asphalt with sealer) track the day before a race with a bunch of grape soda. Still not a lot of traction but it got them through a race. There is a new concrete roadcourse in Guntersville, Alabama that swears they have not had any traction issues even with the little BSR D-drives with foam tires. I'm going to check it out and see how they are making it happen. I'm guessing the track even though it is smooth must have the right amount of roughness to let them race with no problems. You can check them out here on the Alabama thread. Very nice track.
__________________
I park faster than most people drive.
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Ok, here how it works...it does not work even with caps. Now that I have said that there are exceptions. Alphacat who is on rctech has had some slight success with soaking down a concrete (or asphalt with sealer) track the day before a race with a bunch of grape soda. Still not a lot of traction but it got them through a race. There is a new concrete roadcourse in Guntersville, Alabama that swears they have not had any traction issues even with the little BSR D-drives with foam tires. I'm going to check it out and see how they are making it happen. I'm guessing the track even though it is smooth must have the right amount of roughness to let them race with no problems. You can check them out here on the Alabama thread. Very nice track.
Yeah i would say our concrete is not polished or anything, slightly abrassive in most areas. We are trying to comeup with a solution.
__________________
Houston,Texas
Serpent 733 EVO
Mikes Hobby shop-Porter Texas/ Gulf coast Raceway"Electric Is For Hairdryers"..Eric Koger
Chris [email protected]
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/12 forum ovalnator Electric On-Road 46189 Today 08:13 AM
Jammin CRT .5 = 1/12 Truggy Team Kamikaze Nitro Off-Road 2269 07-02-2017 05:32 PM
The future of 1/12 scale Roland S Electric On-Road 1004 06-16-2017 02:04 PM
NORTHWEST 1/12 Q&A! STARSCREAM Northwest Racers 181 02-12-2017 07:48 PM
1/12 1/10..... cooliomojo-CEBU Electric On-Road 50 05-17-2005 03:41 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net