R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default crc carpet knife XL or RC12R5.1

Hi guys i'm looking at getting one fo the above for indoor racing.

Ive never run indoor racing with a 1/12.

which is the better car do people think ?

there more or less the same price.

whats peoples opinions ? has anyone owned both ?

People experiance with the cars would be most appreciated
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10

Well I guess I am a bit bias because I run the CRC Gen XL. I have ran AE cars in the past and I did like them in the past.
The reason I like the XL is the parts are cheap and easy to get in my area. Not to say AE is not easy to find. The XL seems to be very easy to drive and does not tweak after a hard hit. The corner speed seems to be very good. When I got into 12th scale again last year. Two of the fastest guys in the area was running the AE 12th scale you are asking about. On our small tight track they could never get the corner speed my car had. It seem that the XL worked a little better in the low speed tighter section.

On a side note if you go with the XL buy the 3mm top pod brace and the AL. left side rear pod wheel mount. Those are the only to weak point of the car. I also recommend buying the graphite football shaped pivot ball holder. Over time slop develops.
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

thanks for the reply, im only going to be running in indoor on a small tight track.

i guess i just need to compare part prices and availability with being in the UK.

Any advice on tyres, my mate say you need to keep changing compounds during a race nite as the grip comes up
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
thanks for the reply, im only going to be running in indoor on a small tight track.

i guess i just need to compare part prices and availability with being in the UK.

Any advice on tyres, my mate say you need to keep changing compounds during a race nite as the grip comes up
Either car is a good choice and either can win in the right hands. At our track the CRC is the most numerous, however, it seems that they tend to break more often than the AE especially the top plate bit. Also the AE seems to be a lower maintenance chassis with their side shock. (The reason that there are more CRCs is because the track's hobby shop gets a better deal on them but they sell it at the same price as the AE.)

Tires choices will be governed by the track surface, humidity and the pahse of the moon. Best bet is to use the same compounds as the fast guys and trued to the same diameter.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote