Search
Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmellipse
Just building this kit. It's looks very nice and the fit is perfect. One thing I noticed is that the steering block don't lay flat on the king pin balls without some modification, strange.

2 things I have to ask:

Do I need to make the hole in the steering block larger to fit the optional wheel axle with nut ? It is larger and doesn't really fit, I'm afraid that if I force it they will break.

Also, why are there 2 rubber O-rings with the optional pod plates/axle carrier ? There are four screws, so what to do with the rings ?

Thanks
The optional front wheel axles w/nut are meant to be pressed into the plastic steering blocks. Use a vise to gently press them in.

No clue what the o-rings are for on the optional motor plate.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
The optional front wheel axles w/nut are meant to be pressed into the plastic steering blocks. Use a vise to gently press them in.

No clue what the o-rings are for on the optional motor plate.
If you look on the motor side of the motor plate you will see that the screw slots are recessed for the o rings. You put the o rings on the screws and they keep the motor screws in place when the motor is out
Old 10-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Funny, I was just thinking why the recessed slots where on the motor site. I thought about it holding the screws but decided that would never be the case. Learn every day ;-)

Thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
If you look on the motor side of the motor plate you will see that the screw slots are recessed for the o rings. You put the o rings on the screws and they keep the motor screws in place when the motor is out
That's just brilliant. I can't believe that nobody's thought of this until now.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting a T.O.P Rebel. How easy is it to get parts for these? I haven't found many places that carry them. How do these compare to the cars from AE and CRC? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting a T.O.P Rebel. How easy is it to get parts for these? I haven't found many places that carry them. How do these compare to the cars from AE and CRC? Thanks for your help.
Parts are easy to get. If your LHS doesnt carry them you can call/Email T.O.P. and they will have what you need to you in a couple days. As for comparing to the AE or CRC. There are a lot of 12th scales in my area. I really dont see any AE's. There are a lot of CRC's but the Rebel is right there with them!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

@Delawareguy

Michael O'Donnell is great with seeing you get what you need if you can't find it elsewhere

[email protected]

@Top Dudes

Curious Top guys what spacing (mm) do you have between steering block and top arm?

Thank you
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Just picked up a TOP today. I was wondering if there any tips for the build process. Any common mistakes that I should try to avoid?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Just picked up a TOP today. I was wondering if there any tips for the build process. Any common mistakes that I should try to avoid?
I'd recommend polishing the rear pivot balls and king pins. Also take extra time to make sure the rear side links and center pivot are silky smooth and free.

You my want to use use this setup as your base setup.

http://www.racerlog.com/w/images/8/8...-175blinky.pdf
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Check out this site http://racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Rebel#Setups

Avoid letting it sit on the shelf!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Curious Top guys what spacing (mm) do you have between steering block and top arm?
good question - but i don't know the answer. since the car came out and had somewhat high arms people have been running different steering blocks -- and just haven't gone back yet. i suspect after this weekend folks will have a little more time to play around w/ different steering blocks. until then i can only recommend -- Associated ASC8421 -- 10l/12l offset steering blocks.

OD - how do you have your steering blocks configured??
Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
I'd recommend polishing the rear pivot balls and king pins. Also take extra time to make sure the rear side links and center pivot are silky smooth and free.

You my want to use use this setup as your base setup.

http://www.racerlog.com/w/images/8/8...-175blinky.pdf
I'm actually having problems with this. The center pivot ball seems fine but the side links seem like they are binding. I keep loosening the screws but it doesn't seem to be making much difference. This might be a dumb questions but how do you polish the pivot balls? How "floppy" should the chassis feel at this point?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have 1mm under and 3mm above the stock knuckle.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I have 1mm under and 3mm above the stock knuckle.
Thanks dude
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Stock knuckles

Hi

Until last sunday I have been using stock knuckles with 0.5mm under and 4 mm over. But kept getting understeer and a wheel shattering. Then I broke my last knuckle , and put on IRS Asso knuckles. I have now a super steering car. The stock knuckles are to thin in my oppinion , only 6mm , and the IRS are 10-11mm , that mean that there are a lot more control on the kingpin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.