Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just cracked open the box on a Rebel, the parts bag arrangement, and finish on the parts look very very good. Excited to get home now and start building. Too bad there is 8 hours of end of month work to do first.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
Most all of us were running black front and yellow rears

totally hooked up
thanks mark
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Josh and the TOP crew deff got it right the first time! Every top car I seen there looked awesome. I did not see a single one that looked bad on the track at all! The steering balls and ball cups are phenomenal too! A set of those ended up on my xray...zero slop but suppppper free!!

Kudos
EA
Thanks EA. Yeah, those balls and cups are great.

so does this mean...?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Any pics or part numbers for the cups and balls?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Any pics or part numbers for the cups and balls?
You can see them on the car sunday and decide if you like them
Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Snowbirds

Relatively successful outing for the Rebel at the Snowbirds. We had two cars in A main 17.5. I’ll be posting the setup soon. Also I’ll be posting some build tips in the next couple days. For those that have already built the kits and have tips of your own, please share.

For tires I ran BSR Black Fronts and Graylow Rears
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

EJ - I'm not sure if you're posting setup hints and whatnot somewhere else, but I've stubbed out a new wiki page that could be used here:

http://www.racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Rebel

There isn't really any content here... so I welcome people to create a wiki account and add information. I know for certain that Larry and GOAT have been polishing their balls (yikes), I mean their pivot balls, so I've added that little bit of information.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got to build the car last night, Design is awesome, Alloy is awesome, plastics are awesome. So did the job of sourcing the screws and the graphite get passed to the office intern?

The graphite is sooooo dry and brittle, and the screws are made from hardened cheese. Cant beleive so many screws are those pissy 2.5mm with 1.5mm hex head (these were ditched on the Photon ages ago, why included in a NEW kit????)

So far a bittersweet experience, hopefully the on track performance makes up for it
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I got to build the car last night, Design is awesome, Alloy is awesome, plastics are awesome. So did the job of sourcing the screws and the graphite get passed to the office intern?

The graphite is sooooo dry and brittle, and the screws are made from hardened cheese. Cant beleive so many screws are those pissy 2.5mm with 1.5mm hex head (these were ditched on the Photon ages ago, why included in a NEW kit????)

So far a bittersweet experience, hopefully the on track performance makes up for it
I haven't driven one due to the fact tht I run for speedmerchant but I just returned from the snowbirds and there was at least a half a dozen rebels there and not one of them looked bad on the track ....and there was all different levels of skill on the wheel
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought mine Sunday at the 'Birds. Justin Lessard talked me into it,,, sort of. Figured if a touring driver that hasn't run a 1/12th before could drive it, it might work for me too. I would've liked to have seen some set-up tips but then again, this is a race car and I should know these things. Fit and finish is really nice, no haveing to mess around with kingpins and such to make them fit properly. The only thing I had to modify was my servo mount holes. The holes on the kits mounts were a little farther apart than the servo holes. Nothing a little Dremel time couldn't handle.

Next up. a test drive,, as soon as Rosewood opens up this week.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Relatively successful outing for the Rebel at the Snowbirds. We had two cars in A main 17.5. I’ll be posting the setup soon. Also I’ll be posting some build tips in the next couple days. For those that have already built the kits and have tips of your own, please share.

For tires I ran BSR Black Fronts and Graylow Rears
Sup EJ....where did you find the BSR BLACK FRONTS? Also are they on the CRC-type wheels?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ron Zee
I bought mine Sunday at the 'Birds. Justin Lessard talked me into it,,, sort of. Figured if a touring driver that hasn't run a 1/12th before could drive it, it might work for me too. I would've liked to have seen some set-up tips but then again, this is a race car and I should know these things. Fit and finish is really nice, no haveing to mess around with kingpins and such to make them fit properly. The only thing I had to modify was my servo mount holes. The holes on the kits mounts were a little farther apart than the servo holes. Nothing a little Dremel time couldn't handle.

Next up. a test drive,, as soon as Rosewood opens up this week.

There are two position holes for servo..the left side two holes for futaba or wider servo and right side two holes for narrow servo....

fyi you have to flip the servo 180deg ,and see if the servo saver is center of the car and the hole line up.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hanulec
EJ - I'm not sure if you're posting setup hints and whatnot somewhere else, but I've stubbed out a new wiki page that could be used here:

There isn't really any content here... so I welcome people to create a wiki account and add information. I know for certain that Larry and GOAT have been polishing their balls (yikes), I mean their pivot balls, so I've added that little bit of information.

Last edited by OVA; 02-02-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanulec

I've added a couple items there of things we've found here in the UK.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks to Larry Fairtrace and Chris Dono for adding data to the Rebel wiki.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.