Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale >

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Like Tree6Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Reply

Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #1021  
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,110
Default

Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Ahem, sorry for asking, but what TC is that in the reflection ? just curious
heretic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM
  #1022  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Ahem, sorry for asking, but what TC is that in the reflection ? just curious
VBC Wildfire

Last edited by S.Stew; 02-25-2013 at 05:57 PM.
S.Stew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
  #1023  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I had my first full outing with my Rebel 12 yesterday at the ROAR Region 5 race at Red Mosquito in Cincinnati OH. The car had good pace through practice and for the first 2 qualifiers but was slightly twitch/hard to drive. I made a couple small changes - reduced static caster and increased pod droop - and the car was unbelievable in Q3. Was on TQ pace However due to some "racing incidents" I couldn't get a clean run in. Overall I finished 9th I think.

The car really was fantastic and I'm looking forward to my next outing.

I hope the setup sheet is readable in .jpg form, otherwise I'll try to figure out how to upload a .pdf.



S.Stew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM
  #1024  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Steven - you can sign up for an account on racerlog.com and post your setups there too... -Mike
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
  #1025  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Steven - you can sign up for an account on racerlog.com and post your setups there too... -Mike
Done. For anyone who's interested, Its here on the Rebel wiki now under setups.

And by CRC ".5mm" spring, I mean .50mm.
S.Stew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM
  #1026  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 91
Default

Steven - Sounds like the grip at the Region 5 race was pretty high...did you try black fronts, or stick with the Chromes the whole race?

I've been struggling with front grip issues all winter with all tire combos (CRC...Black/Yellow, Black/Gray-Low, Gray/Gray-Low, Chrome/Gray-Low...). The only thing I haven't tried is a full Jaco set-up.

So...for those of you running BSR tires - are the black fronts essentially the same as CRC, or are they a softer compound (i.e. Jaco Blacks seem quite a bit softer than CRC's).
Has anyone run Jaco's & compared to CRC's?

I'm running the generally accepted Mike H setup & the car works ok on higher bite, but on mid-level bite I justr can't get the steering that I can with a 12R5.2/Jaco set-up.

Denney
Denney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
  #1027  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Denney View Post
Steven - Sounds like the grip at the Region 5 race was pretty high...did you try black fronts, or stick with the Chromes the whole race?

I've been struggling with front grip issues all winter with all tire combos (CRC...Black/Yellow, Black/Gray-Low, Gray/Gray-Low, Chrome/Gray-Low...). The only thing I haven't tried is a full Jaco set-up.

So...for those of you running BSR tires - are the black fronts essentially the same as CRC, or are they a softer compound (i.e. Jaco Blacks seem quite a bit softer than CRC's).
Has anyone run Jaco's & compared to CRC's?

I'm running the generally accepted Mike H setup & the car works ok on higher bite, but on mid-level bite I justr can't get the steering that I can with a 12R5.2/Jaco set-up.

Denney
Hey Denney,

I'd say the grip was pretty good, med-high. About the same I have experienced at the gate for the halloween race, for comparison.

I started out on blacks but they were only good for about 2-3 minutes before I lost steering. The chromes started out a bit more aggressively than the blacks but maintained front emd grip throughout the 8 min. I just dialed back the dope to compensate for the aggressive feeling early on.

I have heard conflicting opinions but from my experience the chromes give a bit more steering over a black.

I dont know how well any of this will correlate to Rapid Competition as their carpet is just so different than anywhere I've raced. I couldn't find front end grip the last time I raced there either.
S.Stew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  #1028  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

In stock at the Halloween classic I ran magenta/pink to provide the steering I needed on a tight and bumpy track.

More droop and side spring tension usually fixes all steering problems. Running more than than 0.5 deg camber usually makes things too harry..
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
  #1029  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MSMike View Post
hey
have made ​​myself, or come by the Racing TOP

Mike
Hi Mike,

No made ourselfs, but a shop now offers a conversion kit.

Raced with it the last 3 races and it works great. Better linear steering.



J
BELCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 PM
  #1030  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,061
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We have carpet track and shop in Chino CA, and start to carring Top racing kits and parts.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...id=83&s_sort=3

FYI, Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM
  #1031  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My Rebel ran beautifully all weekend and in fact all season.

I TQed the Carpet Nats and after blowing a quite a lead in A2 in a disappointing fashion and finishing 5th, I finished A3 with the fastest overall run in the class by a full three seconds with a 44, 8:01. Ended up finishing third overall.

But, yeah, the Rebel has been terrific and drives smooth as glass. If anyone is interested in my setup just let me know, and I'd be happy to post it.
Jon Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
  #1032  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Williams View Post
My Rebel ran beautifully all weekend and in fact all season.

I TQed the Carpet Nats and after blowing a quite a lead in A2 in a disappointing fashion and finishing 5th, I finished A3 with the fastest overall run in the class by a full three seconds with a 44, 8:01. Ended up finishing third overall.

But, yeah, the Rebel has been terrific and drives smooth as glass. If anyone is interested in my setup just let me know, and I'd be happy to post it.
I'll take your real setup Jon
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:55 PM
  #1033  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I'll take your real setup Jon
You are awesome and the worst, FJ.

I'll post it tomorrow for realz.
Jon Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
  #1034  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i want smyka's _real_ setup too
good job to the two of you. i was happy to make the 1/12th scale show --- but i just couldn't make the magic happen (at my own home track ). i cannot wait to try again at IIC
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  #1035  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Very happy with my Rebel 12 this week... I wish I could have driven the car I had during R4/Sat evening during the main, but sh!t happens. It was great to get such solid support from the rest of the team, esp Jon and Mike. Thanks fellas.

Smyka and Jon both seemed to have their own little tweaks to the "standard" setup, and both cars were rockets. Very cool to see a 2.5 year old car prove to be so capable in all three 12th classes
JamesL_71 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service