R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2004, 10:00 PM   #61
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatkat
Someone's hypersensitivity cannot be forseen nor prepared for. Odds are that this person knew that they had a weakness for chemicals. Of course they probably won't say that......
Plus, This guy was smart enough to get the hell out of the place before he did pass out
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #62
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
"Gee if I set my genitals on a freaking chain-saw and turn it on I'm NOT gonna get hurt"
Holy shit, that's funny! That would be stupid though......
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:02 PM   #63
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Plus, This guy was smart enough to get the hell out of the place before he did pass out

VERY VERY VERY VERY, VERY TRUE!!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:02 PM   #64

i think if we all read the warning labels that came with our chargers and batterys and actually thought they mattered we all would be charging at .5 amps. they are there so when one blows up they can say, well we warned them, and on the subject of someone breaking in and getting injured while in your house, many lawsuits have be filed and WON by the person doing the breaking in. IMO, ban all traction compounds period, then you would actually have to set up and drive your car.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:04 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
ban all traction compounds period, then you would actually have to set up and drive your car.
I used to do that on carpet and still do at some outdoor tracks.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #66
Suspended

Quote:
IMO, ban all traction compounds period, then you would actually have to set up and drive your car.
By that logic, we should ban swaybars too, since they're just a crutch anyway.

WHAT ALL ARE WE GONNA HAVE TO BAN IN ORDER TO MAKE EVERYONE "HAPPY"!!!

If we ban things as they become somewhat dangerous, we won't have anything left.

Suck it up people. Man up, don't be a pussy.....
Old 06-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

come on now guys. If we're gonna whine about the smell of a chemical additive then we'd better close all tracks and quit running r/c. Have you not looked at the warnings on your batteries and other items. Hell the warning straight off the box here of an SMC battery box is "WARNING: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm)." I don't see any of you trying to ban these, yet it sounds much more harmful than the warning on Paragon. We need to quit whining about companies and there products and instead support those that are bringing us the oppurtunity to enjoy the hobby we love. If you're going to whine about such a little thing as the smell of a tire additive, then perhaps you shouldn't be doing this cause there are much more harmful things at the track than the smell of paragon.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #68
Suspended

Quote:
i think if we all read the warning labels that came with our chargers and batterys and actually thought they mattered we all would be charging at .5 amps. they are there so when one blows up they can say, well we warned them,

That is very true. We are actually severely abusing these batteries that we use, but it has become so commonplace that no one notices anymore.....
Old 06-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #69
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance72RC
come on now guys. If we're gonna whine about the smell of a chemical additive then we'd better close all tracks and quit running r/c. Have you not looked at the warnings on your batteries and other items. Hell the warning straight off the box here of an SMC battery box is "WARNING: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm)." I don't see any of you trying to ban these, yet it sounds much more harmful than the warning on Paragon. We need to quit whining about companies and there products and instead support those that are bringing us the oppurtunity to enjoy the hobby we love. If you're going to whine about such a little thing as the smell of a tire additive, then perhaps you shouldn't be doing this cause there are much more harmful things at the track than the smell of paragon.

Exactly. Hell, it's more dangerous to inhale smog than tire dope!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:14 PM   #70
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who's whining? Not me.

I love RC and want to see as many tracks in business as possible.

But being ignorant of the legal liability of dangerous chemicals is anti-productive and hurts the hobby. Being ignorant of today's legal system actually hurts the viability of RC tracks...it doesn't help.

LEARN and accept the truth about liability, don't just put your head in the sand and resist the truth. That doesn't do squat.

If you want to fight tort laws, lobby your congreesman.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:21 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer

You can not believe everything from California and here is proof.
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/dhmo.htm
BTW dihydrogen monoxide is water.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:21 PM   #72
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
LEARN and accept the truth about liability, don't just put your head in the sand and fight it online. That doesn't do squat.

If you want to fight tort laws, lobby your congreesman.
We have, and its bullshit. Its also kinda hard when your congress man is ill-literate in the english language
Old 06-20-2004, 10:24 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
And yet I just read that somebody almost passed-out(reasonably safe?).
So if I get heat stroke from staying out in the sun too long at a race I can sue the track owner for not telling me to get in the shade?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:26 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This is just plain silly...

There is NO traction compound that I'm aware of that has no side effects, problems, or chemicals in it that might be harmful.

As someone said before... I guess next we will ban all traction compound. Then we might as well run drift cars. Then we can all charge at the .5 amps for our batteries. What fun.

And if you guys think traction compound is bad... try running 10 8th scales in an indoor building with poor ventilation for a 45 minute main. I'm just guessing, but I don't think a large cloud cover of nitro fumes is healthy either...

Pretty soon when everything is banned we can all sit around and knit or something... No wait we might get poked by the needles... oh yeah stare at the wall.... goody
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:29 PM   #75
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
So if I get heat stroke from staying out in the sun too long at a race I can sue the track owner for not telling me to get in the shade?
Matt, We ought to let Hicks know about that one

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest2000
oh yeah stare at the wall
Don't hurt yourself....Fair warning

Anyone read Foley is Good? Mick Foley was a professional wrester who wrote two books (biograhpies) He wrote a good article about backyard wrestlers parents sueing WWF (now WWE) and many of the points we have made look like they've been pulled strait out of his book