R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by etzkev
Yeah, I got the same exact setup also. Let me know if you need any help. I just got done setting the esc up and programming it.

-Kevin
KOOL, I'll be talking to you soon too

-JayBee

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Are your wires soldered on or do you have the euro ones?

-JayBee

Old 07-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to etzkev

I have the solder version. When I got it, I replaced all the wires with brand new wire. What do you have?

-Kevin
etzkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
STLNLST I WILL DEFINITELY keep you in mind, but I'm still waiting on Stormer to get their shipment of Airtronics new Syn. Tx & Rx for the M-8. Right now my M-8 is M-T(empty).

-JayBee
If you can't wait I have the Novak version of the same thing still sealed in the package.

You'll really like the keyence speedo. Once you learn the set up process it's very easy to make any changes.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Quote:
I have the solder version. When I got it, I replaced all the wires with brand new wire. What do you have?

-Kevin
I've got the soldered version too; but it seems to me that the euro connectors are a lot simpler to deal with.
My Keyence is just sittin' on the shelf

-JayBee

Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
If you can't wait I have the Novak version of the same thing still sealed in the package.

You'll really like the keyence speedo. Once you learn the set up process it's very easy to make any changes.
Both the Tx and Rx

-JayBee

Old 07-11-2004, 07:00 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
Both the Tx and Rx

-JayBee
yes sir.

As for the euro connectors go I feel that they are only for ease of switching out your wires quickly but ask yourself.....how often will I be pulling this speedo in and out of different cars that I will need these type of connectors.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
yes sir.

As for the euro connectors go I feel that they are only for ease of switching out your wires quickly but ask yourself.....how often will I be pulling this speedo in and out of different cars that I will need these type of connectors.
Yes, that is exactly what I thought. There really is no point to the euro connectors on that speed control. This is because, like you said, really, how much are you going to be taking it out and putting it back in? Even if you were to take it out and put it back in, it isn't hard at all to solder!

-Kevin
Old 07-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly what I thought. There really is no point to the euro connectors on that speed control. This is because, like you said, really, how much are you going to be taking it out and putting it back in? Even if you were to take it out and put it back in, it isn't hard at all to solder!

-Kevin
Great minds think alike... The euro connectors must be used somewhere in the world since they decided to include it on this newer model....how ever out in my neck of the woods it will be taken off and thrown away.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:10 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Great minds think alike... The euro connectors must be used somewhere in the world since they decided to include it on this newer model....how ever out in my neck of the woods it will be taken off and thrown away.
Haha. Yep, in my neck of the woods too! All they really do is add more resistance (even though it isn't noticable, and probably doesn't matter, it still has less resistance with the direct soldering)!

-kEVIN