Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
Well I finally competed in my first TCS race!

For concours my Alfa almost won. The judge later told me that he loved my car and it was a tough decision. In hindsight, I should have brought my shelf queen body.. my race body was already battle worn.

For the races, cars were separated into two races. I was in the second race and the one and only M06 hehehe. Watching the first race, I quickly realised who the top drivers were. There were two guys running under 19 second laps… they were both outstanding drivers

First heat I had a bad start. When I pulled the trigger car darted to right wall. I thought it was a radio glitch, then I thought my left rear wheel had come off.. those grey TCS wheels are hard to see for these old eyes. Once I realised the car was in one piece I drove it like I stole it and finished in 3rd place.

Second heat, I was 3rd in starting grid. Car tried to dart right again but I caught it this time and ended up second real quickly. The guy ahead of me was really quick had a few laps under 19 seconds (very experienced driver) but I was quicker overall. So I ended up first and getting TQ!!!!

In A-Main I started out in 4th position and overtook the guy in 3rd. The two top guys from other heat proved to be tough to catch. They both had more top end speed. They were also able to get consistent lap times in mid 18s and I was low 19s and high 18s. The race from there though was just us.. weaving and bobbing through the field.

So I finished 3rd place.. my first ever podium finish. As a prize I received the new MX5 Mazda Miata body..

Congrats to you! Glad you're having fun.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think I've fixed the steering problem.....?
It's the servo.
-I adjusted the servo horn a few degrees(°) on the servo. Then it ran 95% straight.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Anyone having problems with this chassis running in a straight line?
-Or is it the Servo?

Thanks
I do. my car pulls to the left noticeably under power. this may be an exaggerated thing cuz i'm running oversized/wide/non-standard wheels.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The kit chassis set up gives the car a left side weight bias. Weight of esc and receiver vs steering servo. This will make the car veer to left.

You can address placing weight on the side of the steering servo.

Some also move the esc to battery compartment / channel.. works if you run a short pack
Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Photographer from event sent me an awesome photo of the car in action

Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey firefoxussr.
Check the Tie-Rods. They could be uneven. Or it could be the servo (the M-06 is a chassis to bump around...Ha Ha!).
Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
The kit chassis set up gives the car a left side weight bias. Weight of esc and receiver vs steering servo. This will make the car veer to left.

You can address placing weight on the side of the steering servo.

Some also move the esc to battery compartment / channel.. works if you run a short pack
Interesting, currently I have the battery in the forward-most position and the ESC is mounted above the motor. The receiver is mounted in its factory position, perhaps migrate that to the right side too.

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey firefoxussr.
Check the Tie-Rods. They could be uneven. Or it could be the servo (the M-06 is a chassis to bump around...Ha Ha!).
I see it sidewinder-ing at low speeds, so I'm thinking some sort of alignment problem.

Thanks for the answers, here's a pretty picture of running it yesterday:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Default reasons for a car that turns on acceleration

Hiya!

RWD cars are more affected and the following are possibilities that you need to slowly weed out. My car does occasionally do what you describe but then I'll take the car down to the pits and discover something or other.

-Uneven Droop
-Uneven length roll bar standoffs
-too tight roll bar holders
-bent roll bar
-tires with uneven wear/uneven grip (I rotate my tires left to right after every run)
-unevenly built shocks (shock lengths, oils, pistons, rebound should be same left and right)
-chassis tweak (due to hard impacts, might be warped)
-arms or joints are not moving freely... I had a shock ball joint forced into the suspension arm and caused the arm to be less free, it caused the car to become very inconsistent)
-ball bearings are worn (causing more drag on one side then the other)
-if you use tamiya high torque servo saver, it is somethings caused by a servo saver that is worn out. (consequently, I always use kimbrough type servo savers)

I find that my usual cause for inconsistent handling, as you have described, is due to worn bearings, suspension not moving freely and poorly adjusted shocks.

hope this helps you.
firefoxussr and kajex7 like this.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey firefoxussr; good job on the 911 Body.

Hey foampervert; I agree. It could be one or all of the problems you mentioned that will cause a chassis to not run straight.

I knew it was a servo problem because it will pull to the left or right on and off power.
-it ran straight last year (Spring, Summer and Fall).

New Servo time.
firefoxussr likes this.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey m06 gurus! I just bought an r-spec gear differential from our club, and was wondering which oil to fill it with (it's going in the m06). I can get some associated oils locally, in cst scale. There's 1k,2k,3k,5k,7k,10k,20k,30k,60k,80k and 100k fluids available. Would any of those work? I'm running on carpet.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcmattila
Hey m06 gurus! I just bought an r-spec gear differential from our club, and was wondering which oil to fill it with (it's going in the m06). I can get some associated oils locally, in cst scale. There's 1k,2k,3k,5k,7k,10k,20k,30k,60k,80k and 100k fluids available. Would any of those work? I'm running on carpet.
You probably want to start somewhere in the 2k to 10k range.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcmattila
You mean Spec-R diff (because some one'll pop up otherwise to say R-spec M06s just have non-fluid diffs lol). I ran mine with 2k on gray carpet. Anything thicker made it too drifty. I got mine dialled with springs and tyres more than the diff though I feel.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the input gigaplex and Mini35!

And yes, I did mean Spec-R!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bored with M05, had my daughter race the M06 today. Surprisingly gave a good run, lot's of banging

Video of the banging here. This time it is the M06 making the M05 spin out hehe. Sorry for the crap quality. https://youtu.be/9ivRK8vZJuc

kwkride likes this.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anybody know the part number for the polycarbonate / Lexan body for the Lowride Pumpkin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.