Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Does anyone know what is the fastest Brushless Motor you can run in the M-06?(the smallest pinion is a 16-t). I'm thinking a 6.5-turn is the fastest for the gearing.......?

Thanks
6.5 will be a lot to handle on any rear wheel drive platform. You would have to be very gentle on take off and slowly accelerate to full throttle.

Also you will need to change tyres, the m chassis will balloon.. Recommend Shimizu racing inner mesh series

Last, I hope you have upgraded to oil filled shocks, otherwise you will not be able to put any power down
Old 03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IAmGreatDane
I take it, if standard hard case lipos fit in the compartment, stick pack lipos will fit as well?

Thanks!
Yes.. Standard rectangular hard case LiPos fit just fine
Old 03-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info Raman. I have (item # 54000) Aluminum Damper Shocks installed, (item # 54361) Front Damper Stay and 54162) Rear Damper Stay. This M06 chassis is mostly for my three sons. I just wanted to get more speed out of the car.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
Yes.. Standard rectangular hard case LiPos fit just fine
Thanks, Raman.

Although I did mean stick pack as in good old 7.2V batteries (NiCd?) and not standard rectangular hard case lipos.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

stick are fine as well
Old 03-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
stick are fine as well
Thanks
Old 03-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default m06R

i have the R car and have had no luck with the setup for asphalt any setups i can try?
Old 03-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Set up

Originally Posted by cpal
i have the R car and have had no luck with the setup for asphalt any setups i can try?
So what is your car doing? No luck can mean too pushy, to loose, traction roll, etc. I just ran a setup last week that with Tamiya spec tires (TCS) worked really well. Better on asphalt than my M03 or M05.

If you are not into TCS, then I found certain tire combos will make a car that should handle like garbage, actually be fun to drive. IM if you want a little help. I want to see some more M06 drivers have success. The 06 has a clear advantage in acceleration.

EB R
Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default M06 fiends!

Greetings fellow Rear Driven FANatics!

I've just created a fully editable Setup PDF for the M06

Should you want it, please drop me a PM with your email address.

The file is slightly larger then 1MB and cannot be posted here.

This will allow us to share our setups more effectively.

Cheerio!

-Alexander
p.s. The pic is a screenshot of the PDF files with stuff ticked and things written. It's fully editable, you can rename and store your own setups.
When sharing setups, just take a screenshot of your setup sheet (like I did) cos the setups sheet is, once again, 1MB and cannot be posted here.
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-screen-shot-2016-03-25-12.26.59-am.png  
Old 03-25-2016, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Default my setup for TAC Rd1 (Singapore)

Dear Rear Driven FANatics,

Included is my setup for our local indoor carpet race (TAC Rd1) on a super high grip surface.

I find that the car traction rolls if I am off power, but is stable (with understeer) on throttle. This allows me to let off throttle early and power through a sweeper that M05 drivers have to brake and turn at.
the infield was a s-turn, a fast chicane and a 90 turn to a slight chicane to the straight and the m06 was flawless there.

All up weight is 1232grams.

I initially juiced the whole rear tyre and the 2 inner ribs of the front tyres, but I found myself still traction rolling. So I stopped juicing entirely... helped a lot but if I didn't get on throttle fast enuff or I chickened out and let off throttle, the car would traction roll in the sweeper.

any suggestions? lower ride height? minimum is 3mm... maybe I should slam the car down?

-Alexander
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-tac2016-rd1-alexander-.jpg  

Last edited by foampervert; 03-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by foampervert
Dear Rear Driven FANatics,

Included is my setup for our local indoor carpet race (TAC Rd1) on a super high grip surface.

I find that the car traction rolls if I am off power, but is stable (with understeer) on throttle. This allows me to let off throttle early and power through a sweeper that M05 drivers have to brake and turn at.
the infield was a s-turn, a fast chicane and a 90 turn to a slight chicane to the straight and the m06 was flawless there.

All up weight is 1232grams.

I initially juiced the whole rear tyre and the 2 inner ribs of the front tyres, but I found myself still traction rolling. So I stopped juicing entirely... helped a lot but if I didn't get on throttle fast enuff or I chickened out and let off throttle, the car would traction roll in the sweeper.

any suggestions? lower ride height? minimum is 3mm... maybe I should slam the car down?

-Alexander
Dear Alex,
good to hear some race action from the M06 side!
Unfortunately, I cannot zoom your screenshot clearly enough to identify your setup! Can you post a pdf maybe? Or just pm me yours and of course Iīd like to test your editable setup sheet and compare to Ramanīs!

Without real knowledge of your setup, have you thought about gluing the front tire sides/tread with cyano to avoid traction rolling? Of course, it also depends on the tires you use. But if that are S-Grips, it will for sure help.

Br,
Matthias
Old 03-25-2016, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Agree with Mathias, we need to see your set up.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Dear Alex,
good to hear some race action from the M06 side!
Unfortunately, I cannot zoom your screenshot clearly enough to identify your setup! Can you post a pdf maybe? Or just pm me yours and of course Iīd like to test your editable setup sheet and compare to Ramanīs!

Without real knowledge of your setup, have you thought about gluing the front tire sides/tread with cyano to avoid traction rolling? Of course, it also depends on the tires you use. But if that are S-Grips, it will for sure help.

Br,
Matthias
We aren't allowed to glue the sidewalls or tire surface... Technically, no other "anti-traction roll" techniques like thick silicon oil either (that's not preventing people from using it of coz)

I'd rather just tune it out or drive differently. I do like how fast they car is through turns... I just need it to be a tad less tippy.

I can send you the editable PDF and my setup via email. The PDF file is over 1mb and cannot be posted here. Just pm me your email address.

Alexander
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-tac2016-rd1-alexander-.jpg  

Last edited by foampervert; 03-25-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by foampervert
We aren't allowed to glue the sidewalls or tire surface... Technically, no other "anti-traction roll" techniques like thick silicon oil either (that's not preventing people from using it of coz)

I'd rather just tune it out or drive differently. I do like how fast they car is through turns... I just need it to be a tad less tippy.

I can send you the editable PDF and my setup via email. The PDF file is over 1mb and cannot be posted here. Just pm me your email address.

Alexander
I know your previously mentioned that you had tried my set up recommendation and it made the car twitchy.

My experience on carpet still remains the same, I do not have any traction roll issues. The limiting factor is always me.

Looking at your set up, I still feel you are too soft. So I recommend something in the middle. The light blue Spring is probably too stiff for 40wt and may be causing the rear to be bouncy.

to reduce traction roll, try the following, but not all at once.

1. Heavier shock oil eg 50wt
2. Yellow Spring up front
3. Running a weight down the centre of chassis under battery

Last edited by Raman; 03-25-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EB Racer
So what is your car doing? No luck can mean too pushy, to loose, traction roll, etc. I just ran a setup last week that with Tamiya spec tires (TCS) worked really well. Better on asphalt than my M03 or M05.

If you are not into TCS, then I found certain tire combos will make a car that should handle like garbage, actually be fun to drive. IM if you want a little help. I want to see some more M06 drivers have success. The 06 has a clear advantage in acceleration.

EB R
hey EB - would you be willing to share your setup?? I'm getting one to try out this summer (for a TCS race), wanna try something different for a change instead of my m05

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.