Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

For manuals of tamiya kits take a look at this: tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

The oil that comes with the M-06 Pro kit is the clear one with a viscosity of #900.

My clear oil dampers work great, too, but they're loosing oil.. I'm changing the o-rings now and see if it's better. If not, I'll go look for the tamiya M-TRFs. A friend of mine got them for his M-05 and they're doing great... no leaking at all.

Last edited by Hasi; 07-17-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Since my dealer isn't able to give me some detailed information about the availability of the Alfa Giulia body, I wrote a mail to Tamiya Germany. Here's what I wrote:

"Dear Tamiya-Team,

I would like to ask you if you know when the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA body set for the M-06 will be available

again.
Early January, 7 months ago in the meantime, I ordered these items at my local dealer at my favourite racetrack:

- 1825421 Body Alfa Romeo Giulia M-Chassis
- 9005512 Body parts
- 9400054 Metal parts for body parts
- 9495256 Decal sheet

Until now I only got the decal sheet - after 4(!) months.
My dealer isn't able to tell me when the parts will be available again since he only gets the status the tamiya

homepage offers - he doesn't even get an approximate deliverydate (which I'm very displeased of).
I started my RC career with a TT01 and was very pleased with the fast delivery of spare parts everytime, but this

issue gets me very disappointed. This doesn't seem to be a individual case - my dealer told me he experienced this

several times before.
Maybe you are able to give me some information why this happens.

I hope for good news and remain with best regards
Stefan"

After 2 days I got an answer. Here's what they wrote:

"Hello,

these parts actually aren't officially available, even not at Tamiya in Japan.

You can ask this dealer:

tamico.de/Tamiya-Karosserie-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-M-Chassis-11825421

Kind regards
XXX
Service TAMIYA - CARSON"

...Well, that was not what I expected. I thought they're kidding me...
If I wanted to order at some other dealer, I would've done that. But it's my favourite dealer I want to support so he doesn't have to close some time.
Also they didn't really reply to my text at all...
This isn't the way how a company should treat its customers.

Anyway, since the Giulia isn't available and my old BMW 2002 is really damaged, I got an new HPI BMW 2002
Attached with Tamiyas TLU-01 with 2 white 5mm LEDs at the front and 2 red 5mm (inner ones) and 2 red 3mm (the outer ones) LEDs.
Looks really nice I think
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-bmw_2002_turbo_gr%FCn-wei%DF_1.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-bmw_2002_turbo_gr%FCn-wei%DF_2.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-bmw_2002_turbo_gr%FCn-wei%DF_3.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

When your favourite dealer acts like that, it should cease to be your favourite dealer.

By the way, the statement from Tamiya-Carson is utter bull$&@!. The Giulia body, decals, H parts have been available "individually" for the past 10 years. TamiyaUSA has always listed them available.

Tamiya has a habit of re-releasing the body parts set and then discontinuing them. It's the same for many other bodies.

In the future, place your orders from banzai hobby. They are fantastic and prices are very fair. They special order parts for me all the time, so they could easily get the Giulia body for you!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
When your favourite dealer acts like that, it should cease to be your favourite dealer.
Why this? He only can tell me about the information he gets from Tamiya, which is almost like none. He only can order the parts, not more ore less. I can't see any fault here...

Anyway, my order stays placed... I wanna see how long it lasts until I got all the stuff.

In the meantime I'll drive the BMW or I order at banzai - thanks for the advice
Old 07-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Well it looks like I miss understood your problem. Seems like a problem with Tamiya in Deutschland
Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
Hi there,
Yesterday was a quite interesting practice day for me.
I started with the same setup as i used for my TCS last weekend.
Again the rear was very unstable . So i switched from the beetle to the rx-7 Body ... Man , what a difference ....
Now the Car was really much more stable to drive..
I couldn't believe it before, but can now confirm it
I will Next try my s15 and Alfa guilia Body ...
Let's see how they perform..
Cheers
Flo
once again i did some testing with different bodies.

I changed from LWB to SWB and tried 2 Bodies.
1.) This cheap one (see attached picture) - i will call it from now on Grip Monster!!!
2.) Tamiya Nissan S15

The Grip Monster was really fantastic. Not losing my rear anymore. but it ended it a lot of understeer so i had to soften the front, and it was awesome.
also the S15 was much better than my LWB bodies.
Now i finally wait for my ordered Porsche 914 Body and then i am able to make a final desicion.
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-1.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-3.jpg  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default SWB - Lipo problems

Hi there , just another question to the community...

I changed the Wheelbase to 210mm (as mentioned in my previous post) and am not able to use a normal Lipo hard case pack any longer.no way to put the pack into the car...
The short wheelbase might not be the only problem, but i do have the tamiya alloy damper stay installed...
at the moment only shortys are fitting without any problem...
any suggestions , or did anyone solved this problem already?

hm...
cheers
Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi there , just another question to the community...

I changed the Wheelbase to 210mm (as mentioned in my previous post) and am not able to use a normal Lipo hard case pack any longer.no way to put the pack into the car...
The short wheelbase might not be the only problem, but i do have the tamiya alloy damper stay installed...
at the moment only shortys are fitting without any problem...
any suggestions , or did anyone solved this problem already?

hm...
cheers
I have never had an issue fitting a standard lipo in my swb m06. When you shortened the chasis you need to remember to remove the spacer that is needed to keep the battery in place when the chasis is mid or long.

Who makes the 914 body?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by f1larry
I have never had an issue fitting a standard lipo in my swb m06. When you shortened the chasis you need to remember to remove the spacer that is needed to keep the battery in place when the chasis is mid or long.

Who makes the 914 body?
thanks for your response, i will try to take a photo. spacer is removed already.

porsche body is a lwb body. manufactor is racersparadise
Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys has anyone tried a round Hardcase 2s lipo in their M06 does it fit properly? or is it better with the square shaped ones?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

I use the round ones in mine and they stayed in with all of my crashes...
Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by patorz31
I use the round ones in mine and they stayed in with all of my crashes...
Good to know thanks Pat.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by f1larry

Who makes the 914 body?

so , finally i made it *lol*
you have to move it only from the back to the front (pic 2 was a false attempt), and have to hit the steering, (even with fully left steered tires) but then it will fit.
but i will not take the risk of damaging the steering and will continue with my shortys.. that's ok for me...
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-1-1.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-2-1.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-3-1.jpg  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

you have to move it only from the back to the front (pic 2 was a false attempt), and have to hit the steering, (even with fully left steered tires) but then it will fit.
but i will not take the risk of damaging the steering and will continue with my shortys.. that's ok for me...
I prefer to run with shortys.. it gives you better tuning options for steering and rear grip.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

In my M06R manual, when using low profile servo, it is recommended to move the ball link on the top, instead of on the bottom of the servo arm. This should give you more clearance as well so you can fit a regular sized pack more easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.