Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TAMIYA M-06 Thread >

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barry White
Chill chill.. I mentioned that becouse I am of the opinion that those big wheel body's should only be used with big wheels. If spec tires are the only way then, or those bodies should be banned or an equivalent big spec tire should be introduced.

You sir have made an assumption of me thinkin' I want to piss someone of. I'm a long member with not to many posts becouse most of the things posted here are total BS. However there are still things I think are worthy of reading. You are one of them becouse I know you make a lot of sense (this is your first post I don't like). I'll allways read SirSwift becouse he's the US champ. Him using small UGLY wheels is only becouse he ain't allowed otherwise.
You're absolutely correct and you have my sincerest and humblest of apologies. I jumped to a conclusion about your post and lept to the defense of a friend. You'd think that at my age, I wouldn't do all this jumping and leaping about.

I think he only used that body cause that was the only one he had. You were right in that the aesthetics of that body on the M06 platform was not the best. It did serve it's purpose tho cause Swifty had his M06 performing fairly well. It's probably about .3 to .5 tenths short of being really good.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a M-03, but after driving a M-06 pro (with silvercan/kit tires M & S compounds/aluminum shocks) I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how it handles. I think I'm going to take out the electronics in my spare M-03 and save them for when I buy an M-06.

I know this has been discussed before, but what Tamiya & HPI body shells do/don't fit the M-06. Please feel free to post a link to a previous post or website with this info.

I would love to run the HPI Porsche 911 Carrera (http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/mini/), but the rear has a 6mm offset. Any ideas/suggestions on how to offset the rear wheelbase on the M-06 and still use Tamiya wheels/tires? Or better yet, can you mount the Tamiya tires on the HPI wheels?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Updated post #357 with fan pic. Correction: 30mm fan, screw holes are centered on 25mm.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Granpa
You're absolutely correct and you have my sincerest and humblest of apologies. I jumped to a conclusion about your post and lept to the defense of a friend. You'd think that at my age, I wouldn't do all this jumping and leaping about.

I think he only used that body cause that was the only one he had. You were right in that the aesthetics of that body on the M06 platform was not the best. It did serve it's purpose tho cause Swifty had his M06 performing fairly well. It's probably about .3 to .5 tenths short of being really good.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dear Mr. black guy who sang love songs,

I never boast how well I drive or how well I can set up a car. But due to the recent posts I would like to say a few words. My shit is dialed 90% of the time. I pride myself on being able to setup my car no matter track conditions or tire spec. I have helped alot of people who ask and a few that didnt. Anyone will tell you this. If you would have simply asked a question as to why I was running that body rather then make a comment based on your own opinions I would have respectfully answered. I am in testing stages with this car and untill I learn how certain changes affect the car that, as grandpa my budy and great defender said its the only rear wheel body I had. I am confident that if I were to switch bodies that it would not change the setup dramatically. So back to the car. Its 3 tenths off and I will find out were those little suckers are hiding. Please dont take offense to my post I just want you to be informed. If you have any questions feel free to ask. And to grandpa, thank you for being my friend and calling out a supposed rif raft. I think he is fine and was a little misunderstood. Friends? Good! Barry white do you race minis? If so where at?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Barry White is a cool cat from across the pond.. Frequent of RC Tech for many years now. I follow his posts and look forward to them as he very often seems to have good foresight to upcoming goodies that we here in the 'States' may not have knowledge of... wether it be Tamiya, Hpi, Yokomo or otherwise.. He is an RC junkie like some of us..

if i recall correctly, he brought news of the mystical TRF sneakers!!

Keep up the good work BarryWhite!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a sway bar kit for either the Mo5 or M06 chassis? Or can I somehow adapt one for the M03?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DougH
Is there a sway bar kit for either the Mo5 or M06 chassis? Or can I somehow adapt one for the M03?
There is a swaybar set for the M05.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54239

I don't think there is one for the M06 yet.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sohlman
Updated post #357 with fan pic. Correction: 30mm fan, screw holes are centered on 25mm.
Thanks, that looks pretty neat. I'll give it a go tonight
Old 01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Dear Mr. black guy who sang love songs,

I never boast how well I drive or how well I can set up a car. But due to the recent posts I would like to say a few words. My shit is dialed 90% of the time. I pride myself on being able to setup my car no matter track conditions or tire spec. I have helped alot of people who ask and a few that didnt. Anyone will tell you this. If you would have simply asked a question as to why I was running that body rather then make a comment based on your own opinions I would have respectfully answered. I am in testing stages with this car and untill I learn how certain changes affect the car that, as grandpa my budy and great defender said its the only rear wheel body I had. I am confident that if I were to switch bodies that it would not change the setup dramatically. So back to the car. Its 3 tenths off and I will find out were those little suckers are hiding. Please dont take offense to my post I just want you to be informed. If you have any questions feel free to ask. And to grandpa, thank you for being my friend and calling out a supposed rif raft. I think he is fine and was a little misunderstood. Friends? Good! Barry white do you race minis? If so where at?
No sweat. It was nothing against you what so ever. I love Tamiya and race their cars from 1996. I was just making a point becouse I like scale looks a lot (probably a big reason why we like Tamiya). If somebody else would mention using small wheels on a big wheel body I wouldn't care becouse it would probably be a backyard basher. As you are last years US champ I was reading your post and this came to my mind. Friends? Of course (as long as you let me pass)! Never meant to be otherwise. I race in Belgium and here is my car:
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-p1010073-s.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-p1010080-s.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-p1010083-s.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-p1010085-s.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-p1010090-s.jpg  

Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OSherman
Barry White is a cool cat from across the pond.. Frequent of RC Tech for many years now. I follow his posts and look forward to them as he very often seems to have good foresight to upcoming goodies that we here in the 'States' may not have knowledge of... wether it be Tamiya, Hpi, Yokomo or otherwise.. He is an RC junkie like some of us..

if i recall correctly, he brought news of the mystical TRF sneakers!!

Keep up the good work BarryWhite!!
Thanks for the kind words.

The original TRF shoe Since 2002 next to my mate's car (David Joos) I prepped who beat Ronald Volker at the Euro's and later the Worlds.
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-trf1.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-trf2.jpg  
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dude thats sweet. I spent 10 days in belgium I was in a small parcel called mols or maybe its spelled molls. I love your beer. Jupiler, duval, hoogarden. The list goes on and on. Glad to hear your a cool cat. If osherman says you are then thats all we need. I wish he felt the same way about me. Man I got some great stories about belgium. Here are just a few highlights I wont go into detail but it involved a magistrate (thats a judge) with his 600 sl me behind the wheel, helicopter, two topless girls, 6 bottles of crystal (champagne). Pm me for the full story. Lol great time
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At this point, there is still just one kit for M06 which is the pro version. Tamiya should have waited to release the 280z, s800, alpine since all are rwd in real life.

The original Porsche 934 body is 1/12th scale, it could be a possible fit for the M06.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Tamiya definitely needs a good RWD body. I'm rockin' this til then. (No body rule at most of my local races)

Old 01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Dude thats sweet. I spent 10 days in belgium I was in a small parcel called mols or maybe its spelled molls. I love your beer. Jupiler, duval, hoogarden. The list goes on and on. Glad to hear your a cool cat. If osherman says you are then thats all we need. I wish he felt the same way about me. Man I got some great stories about belgium. Here are just a few highlights I wont go into detail but it involved a magistrate (thats a judge) with his 600 sl me behind the wheel, helicopter, two topless girls, 6 bottles of crystal (champagne). Pm me for the full story. Lol great time
Well I work in the biggest bar in Gent so if you ever come by the Duvel's are fresh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.