TAMIYA M-06 Thread >

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Super slicks were a smaller diameter soft not really used much anymore. The limited gearing available means racers wants as much rollout as possible. Smaller diameter tires will limit top speed.

You want the 60D s grip radial and the 60D Type A slick. (60mm)
okay, so i guess mine are the old ones. i never tried the 60d slicks before. how do they compare to the older compounds (box, m-grip and s-grip)?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

60D have been around for quite some time. 53254 is the S-grip. 53340 is the Type A. 53222 is the smaller diameter super slick. I believe (it’s been a while since I’ve had the super slicks) but I believe they are as soft as the Type A or softer and seems I remember them not being belted. The Type A is belted. I really like the super slicks but in TCS trim they limit top speed so much it’s not a useful tire. Honestly I’m surprised they still make them.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Great info on tires here!

Raced my M06 in a Rookie class again on black ETS carpet.
Was even faster than one of my friends with his M07.
Great success for Herbie, only 4WD cars in front of him.
Started 5th in A final and finished 6th.
Setup pretty much stock R-spec, red springs front, rear yellow, my favorite combo. Oil 400 all around front little droop, like Raman, rear 2-3mm.
4-5 mm ground clearance, running Shimizu 55d slicks, front 33 rear 30 shore.
No grip roll, not even on Sunday very high grip conditions. Battery placed more forward, but not full (receiver in the way). Helped a lot for steering, should have tried it long ago.
Rear diff TB04, RC machine Japan mod. 7k oil. Could have been even firmer. Large flowing track, perfect for M06. M07 couldnīt even compete with 60d tires and more topspeed on the straight. Infield was M06 land...
Best race since 2 years for me, a great fun. My buddy Joe was also running his M06 Miata and won the B-final, using Shimizu 30/27.
I had no spin out, just back of, turn, and pull the throttle, great. On the start nearly as fast as the 4WD TT01īs.
Now the car will be converted to brushless, as we say goodbye to the Cup Machine end of the year...

Br,
Matthias
Old 12-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Great info on tires here!

Raced my M06 in a Rookie class again on black ETS carpet.
Was even faster than one of my friends with his M07.
Great success for Herbie, only 4WD cars in front of him.
Started 5th in A final and finished 6th.
Setup pretty much stock R-spec, red springs front, rear yellow, my favorite combo. Oil 400 all around front little droop, like Raman, rear 2-3mm.
4-5 mm ground clearance, running Shimizu 55d slicks, front 33 rear 30 shore.
No grip roll, not even on Sunday very high grip conditions. Battery placed more forward, but not full (receiver in the way). Helped a lot for steering, should have tried it long ago.
Rear diff TB04, RC machine Japan mod. 7k oil. Could have been even firmer. Large flowing track, perfect for M06. M07 couldnīt even compete with 60d tires and more topspeed on the straight. Infield was M06 land...
Best race since 2 years for me, a great fun. My buddy Joe was also running his M06 Miata and won the B-final, using Shimizu 30/27.
I had no spin out, just back of, turn, and pull the throttle, great. On the start nearly as fast as the 4WD TT01īs.
Now the car will be converted to brushless, as we say goodbye to the Cup Machine end of the year...

Br,
Matthias
looks like people are doing okay on their m06's! i setup my buddies last night and it felt super neutral! we had s grips all around with hard inserts, sauce in the rear only, 3 racing shocks i think it was red in the front and yellow in the back as well. we are running 7000k diff oil on crc black carpet. the car launches super quick and then levels off on the straight.

still about 0.6 seconds per lap slower than my m05, so the m06 will need a little bit more tweaking.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by martiniracing
looks like people are doing okay on their m06's! i setup my buddies last night and it felt super neutral! we had s grips all around with hard inserts, sauce in the rear only, 3 racing shocks i think it was red in the front and yellow in the back as well. we are running 7000k diff oil on crc black carpet. the car launches super quick and then levels off on the straight.

still about 0.6 seconds per lap slower than my m05, so the m06 will need a little bit more tweaking.

That sounds really good, too! What diff brand you were using?
Maybe you can locate, where on the track you loose time compared to your M05, so we all can make some proposals. What really was the key for my car on this weekend was reduce understeer in tighter corners, so Ramans comments with getting the battery more in front really reduced my lap times. So I didnīt need to use the brake in some tight turns to get around. And compliments for the neutral setup with S-grips, itīs really difficult to get them working correctly on the M06 with gluing sidewalls etc.. Do you have the stabilizers already? I find them really helpful on the M06. And the lower rear shock link should be at least in the link pin, like on the M06 Pro. The even more outwards link parts from the R version are nowhere to get any more. (wasnīt available as spare part anyway).
I wish you all the best for improving the M06 further,
but be aware, that there are more tracks and surfaces that suit the FWD Minis and make them quicker. That only makes driving the M06 more glorious, if itīs one of the special days, where you can eat up the FWDīs.

Kind regards,
Matthias
Old 12-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

We had a long, nice training day yesterday with some m chassis. Main goal was to get our M07's work well on the very high grip carpet. We went from low 16 to solid 15.4's, so the changes on the fwd were succesfull. I also used the M06, and this was as expected more challenging and at the same time much more fun. After some setup changes the M06 came close, out accelerated the fronty's easily, but I could not get below 15.6. Conclusion after over 200 laps with the M07, was that this is a really great cat. Buy the over 150 laps laps with the M06 made me really smile.
The setup, is like earier posts, Aslick front, Sgrip rear, red springs front, yellow rear, 1mm droop front, 4mm rear, 7k in specR diff, shorty lipo up front, Carson cup motor. And the beautiful BMW 2002 body is only a tenth slower than the MX5.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Nice results!

As you are well aware the fwd are easier to drive and do have an advantage on asphalt.

M06 has the advantage on carpet. You just need to figure out where the opportunities are to beat the fwd.

1. Acceleration: hands down the M06 dominates
2. Corner speed, again the M06 dominates.
3. Infield - this is where the M05 is a bit quicker, due to understeer tendencies of the M06..

This is where your right and left balance become very important, as well as your forward weight, to minimise push.

Last, your drive lines are very important!!!

Back in April, I competed in my first TCS series and placed 3rd. The person who won first place, ended up being US champion and going to Japan. The second place was also a highly experienced RC driver.

So I'm very proud of my result, as I still struggle to maintain the fast lines.. wish I had more time to practice and race.. but work limits that.

Also keep in mind.. the M07 is far superior in suspension geometry, it drives more like a touring car. So for you to hang in there with an M06, is commendable!

Let's hope we see an M08 in 2018!!!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Great success Raman!

Weel done, and no shame to be third here!
You made a really spot on summarize on M06,
couldnīt agree more.

And Iīve to say to Erik Jan, yes the M07 is indeed a good M-chassis,
Iīll also drive mine next year in our championship, replacing my M05 Pro V2.
But when it goes to carpet and some special opportunities, my beloved M06 will run for sure, from next year on in Brushless mode...

And Iīm fully convinced, that Tamiya will give us an update for the M06 including the longer wishbones of M07.

Greets to all of you here,
Br,
Matthias
Old 12-31-2017, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm glad you guys are have'n fun with your M-06 Chassis.

I run on asphalt. I'm still try'n to adjust the set-up to chop some over-steer with this M-06 on the hairpins. I'm close. But I think I can take more over-steer out.
(the track has 2 Hairpins)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a little M-06 shout out. TQed with my M-06R last weekend and ended up with a 2nd place finish between two M-07s. Fun weekend!
Old 01-17-2018, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Glad to hear you're have'n fun with your M-06 chassis. Good job; kwkride.
- were you run'n Rubber Tire on Asphalt?
Old 01-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Glad to hear you're have'n fun with your M-06 chassis. Good job; kwkride.
- were you run'n Rubber Tire on Asphalt?
Thanks!

Tamiya "S" grips all around on gray carpet.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Tried an M06 first run on the weekend just for something different kit set up ezrun 13t combo, receiver and esc in back of battery tray and 2600mah super shorty positioned to the front, on power it's fine, no understeer, off power, massive oversteer.

Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
Tried an M06 first run on the weekend just for something different kit set up ezrun 13t combo, receiver and esc in back of battery tray and 2600mah super shorty positioned to the front, on power it's fine, no understeer, off power, massive oversteer.

Any ideas?
How much drag brake do you have set up in your ESC?
Old 01-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Off power issues are weight transfer issues. How much droop do you have in front? You should have almost nothing.

Also as Kwkride asked, how much drag brake as that could be causing your problem as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.