Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What if Xray were to.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default What if Xray were to.....

What if xary were to go the centralized route like Losi and HPI did. I'm sure they'll be the ones to get it right. First HPI tried...FAIL!! car was too flexy out of the box...a-arms were too long. Then losi tried (JRXS Pro) not very big fail but car was not well recieved on multiple surfaces. besides the car had T-rex arms! (too short). The Type R seemed better (well, i've seen more local racers with it) than the Pro but the car was still slightly frowned upon when it came to outdoor asphalt. mind you these are not averages across the globe we're talking...just observations here in my own back yard.

So what do you all think? Any thoughts?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The only thing Losi did wrong was not give enough support to their team. The car had big wins on all surfaces and years on still matches any car available.

The problem with this layout is the you spread the weight a long way from front to rear. This increases the moment of inertia when you try to rotate the car. Then when it does rotate it harder to straighten up. What you do get is lightening fast reaction.

Considering the design has been around for a long time, if Xray thought it was the way to go I'm sure they would already have it out. With the new weight rules this could encourage more designers to look at the idea.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nomaak
What if xary were to go the centralized route like Losi and HPI did. I'm sure they'll be the ones to get it right. First HPI tried...FAIL!! car was too flexy out of the box...a-arms were too long. Then losi tried (JRXS Pro) not very big fail but car was not well recieved on multiple surfaces. besides the car had T-rex arms! (too short). The Type R seemed better (well, i've seen more local racers with it) than the Pro but the car was still slightly frowned upon when it came to outdoor asphalt. mind you these are not averages across the globe we're talking...just observations here in my own back yard.

So what do you all think? Any thoughts?
I been to your backyard 1 time..Top 3 were all Lisi Type-Rs.Mine, My Kids and a locals properly maintained and set up......LOL

But, Would be neat to see if that would wotk in another car.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is that basically like what the E4 is?

Last edited by Jackster; 12-10-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Pete, it sounds like you got you mind set on getting an Xray.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default thanks for the replies

hey tagg! ya the car is very quick from what i been hearing. wish i could've made it up there to see yall. "Tagg, his son, and that other guy" and the term "freight train" were some of the more popular comments. did you re-up with losi yet? go ahead and get the deal done alrite? that would then give you AND losi your first "3-peat" in our Carolina Touring Car Series. LOL

what up dee man!! i still got one remember? but she stays in the house.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Suspended

They struggle to design suspension holders correctly
Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think in the future, batts in kits will be positioned centrally, vertically or horizontally because of LiPo.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Vertically might not work too well.

Originally Posted by Airflow
I think in the future, batts in kits will be positioned centrally, vertically or horizontally because of LiPo.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

jackster....try two belts
Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

I was being facetious, like mounting the battery vertically, end to end.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

i hear ya man! just curious if one of the top (if not THE top) chassis mfr in the world the can up the ante and bring centralized technology to the forefront of touring car performance. (sry i had a LOT of PEPSI LOL!!!)

dee...ya, xray has had my attention from day one!! The T1X cost a bundle but u get a car that has ALL the adjustments rolled onto one chassis! need less caster...remove a clip. more rear toe...turn some hex bolts. nothing to remove and swap out! but you're right. no matter how many deals and bargains i come across....when it comes to switching my gears towards high-end performance and premium tunability, "BUY XRAY!!" always come to mind. Maybe that little card that came with my kit was sending subliminal messages to my brain and made me an xray devotee
Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

why would xray want to change the car the car is fast it has the best conner speed out of any car in the past line. i wouldnt change a thing just drive it clean.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackster
Vertically might not work too well.

Ha ha ha sorry
what I meant was horizontally inline with the chassis like Losi's
and vertically like HPI Pro D.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

When was that Pro D out? It looks pretty good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.