R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Something to shake up On Road?

Was surfing and found THIS. Think it will shake things up? If they add more era appropriate bodies, do you think there may be a new class soon?
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That is already a class and is called Vintage Trans Am
Elite Paint Workz
[email protected]
mist467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No. It wont shake anything up. Or another way of looking at it is that it already has shaken things up. It already has become the next great class. This is just a low end HPI touring car with a long awaited Vintage Camaro shell. Go have a look at the VTA thread. They have been waiting for this shell for four months or more.

Another way of looking at it is that this is now the closest thing to a RTR VTA package car. All you need is this kit, a decent Lipo and the Novak Havok 25.5 combo. Then you are ready to rock.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

to explain further, Vintage Trans Am uses that Camaro body, the 66 Mustang body, a 70 Mustang body, some clubs also a vette body, mostly all made by Hpi, and parma,

youtube, google, or whatever, vintage trans am you'll get more info

edit: slight correction, that body is a 69, there is already a 68 version in use
Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist467 View Post
That is already a class and is called Vintage Trans Am
I know, I was being a smart @$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
No. It wont shake anything up. Or another way of looking at it is that it already has shaken things up. It already has become the next great class. This is just a low end HPI touring car with a long awaited Vintage Camaro shell. Go have a look at the VTA thread. They have been waiting for this shell for four months or more.

Another way of looking at it is that this is now the closest thing to a RTR VTA package car. All you need is this kit, a decent Lipo and the Novak Havok 25.5 combo. Then you are ready to rock.
That's what I meant by "shake things up". Instead of having to buy a vehicle and chunk a bunch of stuff, all you have to do is get this car and add the required electronics. I would also chunk the RTR 27 band radio and add a 2.4Ghz. Looks like HPI is finally fully supporting VTA with an affordable option to get in (buying a Sprint 2 Flux and chunking the rebadged Castle Sidewinder/5700 combo really was not an option).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
to explain further, Vintage Trans Am uses that Camaro body, the 66 Mustang body, a 70 Mustang body, some clubs also a vette body, mostly all made by Hpi, and parma,

youtube, google, or whatever, vintage trans am you'll get more info

edit: slight correction, that body is a 69, there is already a 68 version in use
I know. I am a poster to the VTA thread and am gathering parts for a couple of VTA cars (68 Camaro and 70 Cuda AAR). Trying to get the class started at my local track and this car may finally give a newbe a better option to get in instead of buying a used POS and getting discouraged because he has not learned how to repair and maintain an RC car yet (seen it happen before).
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote