R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #106
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default TZGP World GT A Main #2 Video

Thanks to Mark and Rick and the whole Timezone crew for putting on a great race. Thank you Scotty for a flawlesslly ran race and for making every heat and race exciting.

Thank you to all the Team Drivers (Brian Wynn, Mario Ficco, Brian Bodine, Dave Ehrlich, Paul Lemieux, Keven Hebert and his socks, Max K, EJ Evans, Donny Lia, Casey the Bear, Kenny Lambert, and others) who traveled from all across America and Canada to really put this race on the map.

I don't normally post videos to the internet but when I do I use Youtube.com
(If you get this joke you were at the race)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRnISCoWRc8
TZGP World GT A Main #2 Video, sorry for the shaking

I will have some pictures up shortly.

Troy
Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can't thank everybody enough for such a good weekend! Thanks to the whole Timezone crew, Mark put on such a great race. Got to meet a lot of awesome people this weekend, can't wait to race (fail) on carpet again
Old 10-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #108
Tech Regular

Thanks to everyone who made that race possible !! it was a blast and I am definitely looking forward to next year ! It has been a wonderfull event and I can only give you guys props for such a great race. all the great comments I had heard before the race were true and it was beyond my expectation. If you guys are thinking about it, don't hesitate, this race needs to be put opn the calendar for sure

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #109
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Thumbs up

A big thumbs up to Mark, Rick, Scotty, and the Timezone crew. The race was a blast and was ran excellent. Iím very happy I was able to attend. Iím definitely planning on attending next year!

Also, thanks for the complimentary lunch served to all the racers Saturday and Sunday!

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Thanks guys... cough cough sniffle.. shoot ran my self down so much got a bit sick yesterday. let me take another nap on the couch and the i will start the long process of thanking the LONG LIST of people i need to thank.

give me a few hours...

wow what a weekend
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #111
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
Thanks guys... cough cough sniffle.. shoot ran my self down so much got a bit sick yesterday. let me take another nap on the couch and the i will start the long process of thanking the LONG LIST of people i need to thank.

give me a few hours...

wow what a weekend
Sorry to hear about you got a little cold...Did ya catch the JB cough cough sniff...

Thanks you for selling me the best hop up for my Photon...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #112
Tech Elite

mark day, rick st cyr, dave ehrlich. thank you. i had a great time racing and meeting everyone. you went WAY out of your way to make sure everyone had a good time, and im sure they all did.

all the local guys that run at timezone. be very thankful and grateful that you have such an awesome place to run at. never take it for granted, and be willing to lend a hand, as it takes a ton of effort to keep a place like that running.

you are a great group of guys (and deanna). stay on the track, and have fun

mario ficco

Last edited by al dente; 10-11-2010 at 03:05 PM.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mark thank you so much for everything. The rest of the timezone crew thank you all for everything you've all done to make this race happen and be the great race that it was. The place is amazing can't wait for the next one or maybe March
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #114
Tech Elite

hey, i forgot to thank my new teammate, kenny lambert. great with a tekin, not so good with gear mesh. lol, sorry bud.......had to do it.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What an action packed four days. It all started bright and early Thur morning with a bunch of factory boys finding their strides. Grip was already there, but it was continuing to build, so set ups needed constant adjustments. There was a club race scheduled for Thur night. It was loose, but bench marks were being laid.

Friday, the pits filled even further and the grip got higher. Cars were getting tricky to tune in. It felt as if the cars were slowing as they got tighter. Before long, some extreme set ups started to emerge. Everyone was trying to get it right before quals started in the morning. Practice was borderline chaos and nearly needed to be separated as there was always 10+ on the stand. The track was fast, 9.5 for mod 12th, mid 11's for stock tc.

We rolled in at 7:15am Sat morning and appeared to have arrived late! The great Scotty Earnst was in the house calling the shots. After the drivers meeting, the show began. Tech was smooth and simple. After R1, lunch arrived - stacks of pizzas.... I mean "stacks!" After R2 came the resort. It was now go time for your best shot at the mains. There were surprises and heartbreak like always. Darren Shank rose to the top of Stock TC, Paul Lemiux just got past Kevin Hebert by .2ths in Mod TC, Donny Lia got it right in 13.5 12th, Dave Ehrlich laid down the untouchable run in 10.5 WGT, and Kevin Hebert edged out the rest in Mod 12th.

Another great meal commenced at the local watering hole as we relived the days efforts, laughed and lied about old races and spilled only a little.

Sunday was full of game face. Scotty didn't have to close the track for practice, everyone knew what time it was.... it was go time. With 31 mains staged and ready, it was going to take focus to get through the the Triple A's and Double B's. I think that 50 feet of Subway came through the doors for lunch leaving us all fat and happy again. Well the results have been posted already. Some rose, some fell, some nearly made the upset. In the end it was a fantastic event with unreal talent guided by the best race director in the business all brought to us by the best hosts; Mark Day and the countless members of the Timezone Crew. Awesome job you guys!!!

Just a special shout out to all the Team CRC guys; what a great group to be working with on a common goal... putting great race cars in the winner's circle. Thanks to Mario for the constant comic relief. Thanks to Dumper for the speed tricks of the trade and peeling me in A2! You truly have a .00 trigger finger.

Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #116
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Awesome!!

To the TZII crew- Thanks for hosting the 'Premier' event in the Northwest. I missed the first one and after this....won't miss another one. Got this on the calendar for next year already
A big special thanks to Ritchie, Steve C., and Mr. Slapmaster for making this all possible.

To Kevin Hebert for the mod motor and heads up with the speedo

To Paulie for being....well....Paulie

To Donny Lia for letting me constantly bug him about his Rev6

Also to the CRC crew- Dave E. & DUMPER for that Xtra nudge..... for the RX batt/ the convos/ compliments and ribbing for not running a CRC. Kenny L. for all the help with the Tekin setup and gearing, and Mario Ficco for the screensaver

And to The BEAR for that kickass rap he did while we were waiting our turn to go up on the drivers stand. That was unexpected but COOL

It was cool to also see local wheels Peter Robinson and Micro back on the track

This event felt like a huge club race. And to see the pros lay it down the way they did was awesome....

- jb

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Podium Pics

Here are the podium pictures I took.

The order is 13.5 1/12th scale, Mod 1/12th, Mod Sedan, Stock Sedan, and WGT.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Annual Timezone (Carpet) Gran Prix October 8,9,10 2010-12-scale-super-stock-trophy-1-copy.jpg   2nd Annual Timezone (Carpet) Gran Prix October 8,9,10 2010-mod-12-scale-trophy-1-copy.jpg   2nd Annual Timezone (Carpet) Gran Prix October 8,9,10 2010-mod-sedan-trophy-1-copy.jpg   2nd Annual Timezone (Carpet) Gran Prix October 8,9,10 2010-stock-sedan-trophy-1-copy.jpg   2nd Annual Timezone (Carpet) Gran Prix October 8,9,10 2010-wgt-trophy-1-copy.jpg  

Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Are those Rolex .. or just Rollox watches
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #119
Tech Elite

those are "molex" watches.................

we missed ya mike
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #120
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
those are "molex" watches.................

we missed ya mike
Hopefully next year I can make it. Just got to make sure it doesn't clash with the new iic date.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote