Search

RS4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RS4 Pro

Hey everyone,...

I'm thinking about getting into 10th scale VTA, and am considering a RS4 pro,... I know they discontinued it, but are parts still readily available?

What other options would you look at? I'm also considering the TC4, Cyclone S, etc.

Thanks!
Wayne
Old 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ClawRC
Hey everyone,...

I'm thinking about getting into 10th scale VTA, and am considering a RS4 pro,... I know they discontinued it, but are parts still readily available?

What other options would you look at? I'm also considering the TC4, Cyclone S, etc.

Thanks!
Wayne
I have an RS4 Pro that I just brough out of storage. It had been boxed up for 10+ years.. I was able to find a hobby store that was clearing out all of their old HPI parts. I scooped up all of their RS4 parts @ 80% off of retail.

If you don't have one, I wouldn't suggest buying one. They were great cars in thier prime, but I think technology has past them by. I have upgraded mine to brushless only because I already had the car.

I have found myself having to make parts now, as this evening I hit a curb very hard and it actually broke the graphite upper deck. SInce parts are scarce I made a new upper deck from aluminum. Which is actually more rigid!! but a bit heavier.

I would buy something that is still in production, or at least something that has parts still being made. Keep in mind the RS4 Pro is well over 10 years old.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by active_sport
I have an RS4 Pro that I just brough out of storage. It had been boxed up for 10+ years.. I was able to find a hobby store that was clearing out all of their old HPI parts. I scooped up all of their RS4 parts @ 80% off of retail.

If you don't have one, I wouldn't suggest buying one. They were great cars in thier prime, but I think technology has past them by. I have upgraded mine to brushless only because I already had the car.

I have found myself having to make parts now, as this evening I hit a curb very hard and it actually broke the graphite upper deck. SInce parts are scarce I made a new upper deck from aluminum. Which is actually more rigid!! but a bit heavier.

I would buy something that is still in production, or at least something that has parts still being made. Keep in mind the RS4 Pro is well over 10 years old.
But won't the current HPI Sprint parts fit? They look awfully the same!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by active_sport

the pro2 is much better in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

I have one I could sell you RTR!