Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brush Serrator

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Brush Serrator

What's the deal with these? I was wondering exactly what purpose they would serve. Would they allow me to use brushes longer, because I could re-serrate the faces? Or something else? Thanks.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

exactally.
Most of the serious racers run very hard brushes that wear every run or 2 and to buy a new set would cost alot so we just re serate them and run them again. Its just like getting a new set
Old 06-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Serrator

I am not a serious racer but i dont want to waste a good brush just because the serrations are gone. I use the Fussy Brush unit to grind them down to smooth and then serrate them again. It seems to be a little bit fiddlier than the Integy electric brush serrator.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also (only if you get really serious about it) slight amounts of spring tention will be lost with every re-serrate, so if at some point, power starts to drop off, re-tweak your spring pressure to pickup what youv'e lost ......you can make this type of measurement with a big jim fiddlestick or similar tool
Old 06-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Okay, so it looks like a brush serrator would be a good investment. Any ones on particular? It would be for stock laydown brushes.