Wiki Posts
Search

Why Not Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I just 'Killed' the killer fast combo at my local track this weekend using Speedpassion ESC and motor in the 17.5 expert class. Honestly, ALL the escs and motors are pretty much equal, it just depends on whos driving it, how its set up, tires, and many other variables, may it also be noted: that the Nats winner was using a Xray 008, and Marc is one hellva a driver.

Like I said, thier all good. it is a lot easier to go fast if you have what most guys are running and you'll have lots of help I'm sure
That's right Ritchie... you did kill. But it wasn't because your car had better velocity and top speed, but because of your driving skill. You came in second to another former Roar title holder (who beat you with a tekin by the way), and the two guys you beat have what, 15 years less experience? You got us on driving, but the other 3 cars running tekin (1st, 3rd, and 4th) all had a slight speed advantage on you everywhere on the track.

It's funny how you credit your own 2nd place win over two tekins to the speed of your car, but then credit the winner of the roar paved nats this year purley for his driving skill.

Can't have it both ways! We already know that driving skill is what wins the races... what we are discussing here, is what the fastest dynamic timing esc is for spec motor racing, and it's the tekin.

It should be noted, that Skypilot is sponsored by speedpassion.

(edit: i dont mean to give you a hard time, Ritchie.. i look up to you as a racer.. but cmon, lets call it like it is)
Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tekin is good. I've seen some Tekin users now buy Hobbywing as their secondary esc. At less than half the price of Tekin it is something to consider.

I've used Tekin esc and chargers since the early 90s. But the Hobbywing XERUN is simply cheap and performs very well.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Or if you race at NorCal, they had a computer with v208 available for anyone to use. Don't know if they will have it available after the nats though.
That computer at NorCal has been setup with the Tekin software on it for a few months. Now, there is even a sign posted indicating it's free to all racers and they will help with changing settings. NorCal rocks!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
That computer at NorCal has been setup with the Tekin software on it for a few months. Now, there is even a sign posted indicating it's free to all racers and they will help with changing settings. NorCal rocks!
Very cool.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the record both Mark Burt and Brian Shook took National Titles with a Tekin RS because they CHOSE IT! Neither are factory drivers.

Both of them had awesome car setups and esc/motor setups. Both shared their setup with the world, class acts for sure!

Out of the 98+ entries or so at the ROAR Paved nats over 70 were using Tekin, I know I took pictures!

There are a lot of good esc's on the markte, this is true. But buying a Tekin is investing in the future of your racing. You know you will always have the best esc on the market. Updates are free and we have one of the coolest teams around. All of our drivers will happily share their setups with you and make sure you're getting the most out of your esc.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Yes, they do rock!:

Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
For the record both Mark Burt and Brian Shook took National Titles with a Tekin RS because they CHOSE IT! Neither are factory drivers.

Both of them had awesome car setups and esc/motor setups. Both shared their setup with the world, class acts for sure!
I can attest to that. I race with Brian Shook (National Champ!) during club racing all the time, and he really is a class act. Great guy, super nice, always willing to help anywhere he's needed... and hes fast as heck.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

At our track I'm just as fast as the Tekin And Speed passions with my Mamba Max Pro in 13.5 Novak Ballistic motor. Just think what will happen when Castle Creations release the turbo function on the Mamba
It's all about setup and driving at the end of the day.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

nothing wrong with tekin stuff
Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
That's right Ritchie... you did kill. But it wasn't because your car had better velocity and top speed, but because of your driving skill. You came in second to another former Roar title holder (who beat you with a tekin by the way), and the two guys you beat have what, 15 years less experience? You got us on driving, but the other 3 cars running tekin (1st, 3rd, and 4th) all had a slight speed advantage on you everywhere on the track.

It's funny how you credit your own 2nd place win over two tekins to the speed of your car, but then credit the winner of the roar paved nats this year purley for his driving skill.

Can't have it both ways! We already know that driving skill is what wins the races... what we are discussing here, is what the fastest dynamic timing esc is for spec motor racing, and it's the tekin.

It should be noted, that Skypilot is sponsored by speedpassion.

(edit: i dont mean to give you a hard time, Ritchie.. i look up to you as a racer.. but cmon, lets call it like it is)
I'm not taking it as a hard time, but don't let the facts, opinions, observations, and what I actually wrote get in the way.

You state I am sponsored by Speedpassion, am I? Observation would tell that I have edited by signature, observation would show that for the nats I ran novak, that for two of the three days at the sizzler I ran Novak, and only after burning it up (driver error) did I put what I had left back in. And that would also explain the ballistic I just put in my 12th and Tekin ESC I am looking to trade my LRP for.

second, I will accept your opinion that Tekin is the best esc out there, which only proves my previous post, that ALL the esc's are pretty much equal and it really comes down to driver, chassis setup, and esc setup, as well as others variables.

third, using a inferior product to the tekin, I was able to TQ over a field of them. why, driving, chassis setup, and tire choice. Driver errors and my choice of 10 run sorex 40's in the first A main is why I finished 2nd overall.
My comment about Marc was not to downgrade the fact that he used a tekin, but instead was to point out that he is one heck of a driver and he didn't use the latest and greatest chassis to win Nats. meaning that the Latest and greatest, isn't always that.

forth, my I also call attention the fact that I actually recommended the Tekin to the OP
Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

having fun is the main goal of the hobby, trying different brand products and get experience and knowledge then to introduce others to the hobby is the other main aspect of the hobby.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not an onroad guy, but to the OP, I think it would be a good idea to go to your track and ask what motors they are using, that way there is no guesswork as to what motor you think you should get.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Lord

You state I am sponsored by Speedpassion, am I? Observation would tell that I have edited by signature, observation would show that for the nats I ran novak, that for two of the three days at the sizzler I ran Novak, and only after burning it up (driver error) did I put what I had left back in. And that would also explain the ballistic I just put in my 12th and Tekin ESC I am looking to trade my LRP for.
I wasn't aware that your signature was the end-all for figuring out who was sponsored by what. What happened to your sponsorships? Also, the only equipment I am aware that was run at the nats, was what jake ran, mark ran, and brian shook ran. And for the sizzler, why would I be observing what you were running in the first place? The only thing I know about what you ran at the sizzler, is what you said in your first reply.. that you killed the setup that I recommended, with all speedpassion stuff.

second, I will accept your opinion that Tekin is the best esc out there, which only proves my previous post, that ALL the esc's are pretty much equal and it really comes down to driver, chassis setup, and esc setup, as well as others variables.
Couldn't agree more, but all those "variables" that contribute to winning the race and pulling the fastest lap times, isn't what this discussion is about. Everybody here is fully aware that driver skill, setup, tires, and electronics all contribute to winning a race, some vastly more than others.... The point of this conversation is about the esc/electronics side only. And since we are dealing with a pile of ESCs that are "mostly" the same... this discussion is about which has that 1st place spot, with the most edge. I think the Tekin does, and it does it at a hell of a price point, with the best support to boot.

Your first reply about "killing the killer setup" seemed to insinsuate that you were running a superior ESC/Motor setup. I was simply pointing out the fact that A) yes you won B) you won because of your driving skill/experience and C) your car was NOT physically faster than the tekin cars. (acceleration / speed)

third, using a inferior product to the tekin, I was able to TQ over a field of them. why, driving, chassis setup, and tire choice. Driver errors and my choice of 10 run sorex 40's in the first A main is why I finished 2nd overall.
Yep. you TQed over a couple of us tekin drivers because you have decades more experience... not because your ran a better ESC. (don't take that as a knock.. i mean it as a compliment) Are we agreeing here or dissagreeing? I can't tell anymore

My comment about Marc was not to downgrade the fact that he used a tekin, but instead was to point out that he is one heck of a driver and he didn't use the latest and greatest chassis to win Nats. meaning that the Latest and greatest, isn't always that.
I agree with you 99%.. except for the fact that he was certainly using the greatest ESC. That is one of the best things ABOUT the tekin.. it may not be the latest, but it IS still the greatest.

The chassis he chose, on the other hand, is a completely different topic, and I have never seen any evidence that ANY chassis released since the 008 is actually better in terms of track performance. This again would tell us that driver skill... and perhaps what that driver is most comfortable with (i.e. an old 008), dictates how well you place.

forth, my I also call attention the fact that I actually recommended the Tekin to the OP
Again.. sorry to give you a hard time. Often times I think we are actually in total agreement with eachother... we just come at it from two different angles some times
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

I asked my question because I wanted to run something different, but after checking the price and the results I see at the track I was going with Tekin.

I also understand that driving and setup is important, but with everything being equal what's the best ESC for the money?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
I asked my question because I wanted to run something different, but after checking the price and the results I see at the track I was going with Tekin.

I also understand that driving and setup is important, but with everything being equal what's the best ESC for the money?
Tekin, hands down. That's not to say there aren't others that can run with it because there are but look at the track record. Every time someone else makes a better speedo, Tekin comes out with new software and goes back to the top. If you bought a Tekin a few years ago, you're still on top. Anything else and you would have had to buy several since then to keep up with the Jones'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.