R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

It is a really good body. If you have problems with it or are trying to find product, try emailing.

[email protected]
Old 06-14-2004, 05:18 PM   #17
Tech Addict

The paint issue was with one run of bodies....and oddly enough it seemed to only affect parma's white paint. I have a couple that were from that batch and used a spray can of white (because I was at the track) and it was fine. We live here in Parma country and there has been no issues since....its a great body!!!
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nothing seems a nice as a Lola body....
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:19 PM   #19
Tech Elite

I liked it a lot, but the price seems higher then the others by more than just a few bucks.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:22 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Try KT Hobbies if you want to get one for a GREAT price. They had them for $14 not too long ago (or somthing like that).

HOWEVER I WOULDN'T PAINT ANOTHER ONE IF YOU GAVE IT TO ME!!!! THEY SUCK (for painting - I hear they're dialed for carpet).

Here's my 'before', picture. I don't even want to post my after.

Needless to say it no longer looks like this.

OH and the side of the body TORE for no appearant reason.

BOO FOR PARMA!!!

And just to keep this incredibly choppy, non sequeter email going, it's hard to cut right.

Never again Parma, never again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frosted hyper lemon small 1.jpg (128.6 KB, 484 views)
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Griffin and Gang,

We did have a batch of lexan where the paint was not sticking. It has been corrected now and anyone who has a bad one can email me a picture of the paint falling off and we will be glad to replace it with another clear Alfa body.

You can email me @ [email protected]

Sorry for the bad experience.

Paul
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Hey guys the body works well on any surface. I used it to finish 2nd in the 19 Turn A-main at the pre-worlds, and prior to that I used it at the carpet nats....(damn qual points! LOL!!)

If you have any issues I know the folks at Parma will do right.

Here is a pic of the body I ran.

Michael Abraira
TeamButter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg worlds pic.jpg (99.9 KB, 525 views)
Old 06-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Griffin

yeah-that did suck about the batch of Parma bodies, but youd better vow to never run a body made of Lexan brand material. If Parma sends you one for free-by all means forgive and forget and get racing. They know what was wrong with the Lexan and resolved it.

Customer Service is as important as the product sometimes and Chicky has offered to resolve ths issue with anyone who can prove they have a body from this batch with a picture. So not Boo on Parma-Hooray to Parma.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #24
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

The body rocks on asphalt as well as concrete. I was able to pick up 2tenths at a race last weekend using the Alfa instead of the Mazda6. I use pactra paint and have had no paint peeling issues.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:23 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Ray-What's up? This is Michael Abraira from Florida....I just got my BMI chassis from Jason and it looks super sweet!! Gonna run at the nats and see what happens!

How is everyting?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Michael,

Ths summer has been Great!! Every night is like a night at a carnival between my kid, neighbor kids and about 10 neighborhood dogs!!! Lets just say I need to buy stock in Kingsford and Matchlight!!

Racings been up and down. I had the best night of racng since the Carpet Nats last week with my BMI equipped XRay. Oh-and since this is the PArma Alfa thread-I was running an Alfa!! But dont I always!!

Keep in touch!,
Ray
p.s. I'd ask how things are with you-but I know already!! A Party!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Glad to hear you are having a blast this summer and that things are well. I have been doing the rubber thing and let me tell you it is Africa hot!!! Our track temps have been around 140-155!!

Absolutely NUTS!!!!! I just got my BMI and I am gonna give it a shot at our state race and later at the On-Road Nats and like I posted before I love the Parma.. I have run the one you saw at the Nats at the Pre-Worlds and several State races. AWESOME!!!

And yes.....it is a PARTY down here. Sun, Boating, beaches, Corona and Ladies.......Aaahhhhhhhhh!!Life is good!!!

Take care!!!! Keep in touch!!!

Mike A
Old 06-30-2004, 07:58 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamButter
Glad to hear you are having a blast this summer and that things are well. I have been doing the rubber thing and let me tell you it is Africa hot!!! Our track temps have been around 140-155!!

Absolutely NUTS!!!!! I just got my BMI and I am gonna give it a shot at our state race and later at the On-Road Nats and like I posted before I love the Parma.. I have run the one you saw at the Nats at the Pre-Worlds and several State races. AWESOME!!!

And yes.....it is a PARTY down here. Sun, Boating, beaches, Corona and Ladies.......Aaahhhhhhhhh!!Life is good!!!

Take care!!!! Keep in touch!!!

Mike A
where my team butter sticker lol what up mike are going to tqs on friday or supriors on satuday? i like the pre-world paint job! nice!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yo Butter, Cuffs just won stock and T-spec up here in the land of swamps and oil refineries, aka New Jersey all with a Team Butter sticker. The boy is fast just 'cause of the butter!

Kyle(official 19t tuner at the 'birds for team butter)

throw a message my way when you get a chance
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:48 AM   #30
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Man, Cuffs was stoopid fast at the Nats, it just wasn't his weekend!!

Wassup Butter!!! BLAAAAAAAH!!!
Mempho been pretty hot too.
Speaking of parties, we're having a sweet little grillin', cold beveragin' , bench racin' paaatay after the club race Sat night before the TCS race Sunday 7-11. Gonna be a blast!! You guys get a cheap Tamiya and come have some fun!!

Ray, been meaning to holla atcha!! No reason, just gotta keep in touch.

I still haven't painted my Parma Alpha yet. I hope it isn't one of the anti-paint ones!!! LOL Hey Chciky, send me some more!! And make me a 200mm for my NTC3!!!

Holla at you guys l8r,
Jason
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote