R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Spirit NOOB

I have an old Traxxas Spirit. I actually really like this car, I have a spare so anything I break I can quickly get back together again.

My problem is I have these tires currently on the car
Front (slicks)
I had URLS but cannot post due to noobness

Rear (striker II sort of)

I needed new tires my fronts were shredding off and my rears are bald. I went to my local hobby shop and bought some 2.2 anaconda off the guy recommendation. He said they would work. Took em home glued them on and they work...to say the least. Problem is they work too well. They are like glue on the ground and the car no longer slides like it should

You tube Traxxas Spirit

This is exactly how my car would drive around before the anacondas, now it just rolls everywhere. Is this normal? The new tires make the car almost not usable. Its really not fun anymore. If I turn to fast the car rolls right over its self. I know that I can turn down the turning radius but I like being able to slide around turns.

Will slicks make it worse or better?

Any suggestions?
oregonrainchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Default bump?

Bump
Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is happening is that you are traction rolling rather than lacking traction. The same thing happened to me the first time I took my losi rally weapon to the track. One of the easiest things I found to do is to lower the height and possibly get stiffer springs so the weight transfer is not so severe or dramatic. Also, what surface are you running on? I also have a spirit... they are quite cool in an old school sort of way. I was surprised how fast they really are so I added some ball bearings to mine.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Default Rolling Spirit

Thanks for your reply. I 86ed those tires because there is just not alot of options for the car as you may know. So I went and got some Traxxas slicks just like it had on before I got the anacondas. I got the #1270 tires from Traxxas (if I recall the # correctly). And they dont fit. They bulged over the side one way or the other depending on which side you roll the bulge too. Has anyone seen this with these cars.

Tags
crash, noob, spirit, traxxas, turning