Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New First On Road?? >

New First On Road??

New First On Road??

Old 08-17-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New First On Road??

What's a decent BL car to start with? I'm new to on road, but want something I may be able to race with down the road.

Thansk
Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

get a TC3 or a TC4. you should be able to pick one up for between $50 and $100 bucks. good starting point. no point on spending $350 on a car when you are not even sure if you like road racing. My Tc3 runs with and beats a ton of hi end cars every week. a good set up, good driving, and good tires are all you need to compete with almost any car. TC3's and 4's are good because parts are cheap and everywhere
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My opinion: Xray t2r, we easy to build and set up and run.Parts available almost every where. Try Nexusracing web site they have a great price for a new car.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'd also recommend the Hot Bodies cheapo plastic Cyclone!! It's VERY easy to setup-- and is competitive against many far more expensive cars--the COMPLETE kit--w/ body is available NIB from most LHS for $129.00 to $135.00!! The only hopups you would need are a one-way for the front for different traction conditions--and a set of shock springs of varying weights for tuning--put some Sweep 36''s or Sorex 36's on it and your done!! A great car to start with in a stock 21.5 or 17.5 class.
FWIW
Tim

Ultimate Hobbies in Orange shows with Mazda 6 body or Dodge Stratus--$129.00 + Shipping-- $9 FYI
Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Tamiya Ta05 v2 are becomming very popular cars at our local track.

Also the new Xray T3 R check to see what brands your local shop carries for parts support.