Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Best 1/10 touring car? >

Best 1/10 touring car?

Best 1/10 touring car?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gaylord,MI and Owosso,MI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Best 1/10 touring car?

im looking to get me a 1/10 touring car. i would like something better then a tc4. the guys here have losi,team associated, and T.O.P. hopefully somebody can suggest a car that i wont have to sink lots of money into because i will only be racing it 5-10 a month thanks!!
bbrace3m is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 02:38 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

TOP isn't that expensive, and according to what you say, you should be able to get plenty of help with it.

I personally love Xray, but that's another pricerange. But a second-hand Xray T2 '009 shouldn't be too expensive - you can get one for less than the TOP.
Nilks is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
J.Elliott's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

The last sedan I ran was the Corally 08 PHI, which was a huge step up. They are an expensive car and have their little quirks, but once you learn the tricks and fixes, they hold up very well. Running 13.5, the car took some hard hits. Racing in Madison or Milwaukee, the Corally's weren't too popular, there were quite a few Xrays and Associateds.

As a plug, I do my 08 PHI for sale as a roller with spare parts $225 shipped.

Good luck finding an upgrade.
J.Elliott is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 06:23 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
 
PDX-Spike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 42
Posts: 1,440
Default

Xray is pricey, but the fit & finish, tunability and hop-ups make it well worth the cost. And, it will have an excellent resale value if/when you decide to dump it.
PDX-Spike is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I have race AE for years. Good car for the price. But I have to agree that Xray is the definition of bullet proof! Amazing vehicles. I almost never see them break. My TC5 looks at a rail and the c-hub breaks
Victory Side is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM
  #6  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
Default

Anyone here have driven a 416X and T3. What is the difference? I've read that 416X seems to be a head in their design as compare to T3.(My opinion only). As you could see that this is a forum and everyone can claim something but not sure if it's true.

I'm looking into buying another car all advice is appreciated. Presently I'm driving a TA05 (2 yr old) with lot's of unnecessary hop up. I've been told by some of the guys here that the 416x is more sensitive as compare to T3.

All comments appreciated.

Tks.
kowkl is offline  
Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Part Quality, Durability ,easy to setup =Xray
yokemad is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 440
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I agree with all of the above. Take a look at the Team Magic E4RS car. Weight balance out of the box is awesome. Setup was pretty easy as well.
vinny73 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM
  #9  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Olympia Fields, IL
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The 416x is a professionals car. As far as performance it's probably the best. As far as durability it could be the worst. Don't plan on touching boards and you have to constantly check the screws between runs because they will back out. I have both cars and I'm preferring the Xray because of the peace of mind I have when I'm driving it. No more Tamiya's for me. Xray for Life
PhatPat is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
phisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Three Rivers, Michigan
Posts: 656
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vinny73 View Post
I agree with all of the above. Take a look at the Team Magic E4RS car. Weight balance out of the box is awesome. Setup was pretty easy as well.
I recently got a Dave Ehrlich Team Magic E4RS and love it. As stated above, it seems pretty easy to setup and runs fast. So far it's been durable.
phisher is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Originally Posted by PhatPat;
The 416x is a professionals car. As far as performance it's probably the best. As far as durability it could be the worst. Don't plan on touching boards and you have to constantly check the screws between runs because they will back out. I have both cars and I'm preferring the Xray because of the peace of mind I have when I'm driving it. No more Tamiya's for me. Xray for Life
This is very true
I tried cefx lat week I love it over T3 but one touch to track marking bang rear hub split into two pieces where I previously touch same point many times with T3 ended up no damage what so ever
yokemad is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
This is very true
I tried cefx lat week I love it over T3 but one touch to track marking bang rear hub split into two pieces where I previously touch same point many times with T3 ended up no damage what so ever
I've hit many things pretty hard with my Photon, but never broke one of the plastic rear hub carriers (Same parts as the CEFX unless you made yours a Tamiya conversion). I even had someone drive through the back of my car so hard that it ripped the threads right out of the bulkhead, but the hub carrier was fine. I had heard of people breaking the plastic rear hub carriers before though, so I switched to the aluminum ones recently just to avoid that possibility during a race. They also look pretty damn slick.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Rear-Hub-Set-2
locked is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 05:49 PM
  #13  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

I have Photon Evo I must say Top parts might be the best after Xray but those Rear Hub looks like Hard Xray Parts which is very brittle Where Medium Parts Flex instead of Breakage I wish We had the same option on Top Racing...
I'm Thinking about to buy those Alloy rear hubs they never breaks but may bend after a hard hit
yokemad is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 AM
  #14  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
Default

Originally Posted by PhatPat View Post
The 416x is a professionals car. As far as performance it's probably the best. As far as durability it could be the worst. Don't plan on touching boards and you have to constantly check the screws between runs because they will back out. I have both cars and I'm preferring the Xray because of the peace of mind I have when I'm driving it. No more Tamiya's for me. Xray for Life

Thanks for the imput. I'm just toying with the idea of getting another Tamiya since I've already got lots of spares with my existing TA05. Looks like T3 is a better bet. I'll wait for the T4 since I'm not in a hurry for a new car yet. Hopefully I can say Xray for life too
kowkl is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 AM
  #15  
Tech Master
 
PDX-Spike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 42
Posts: 1,440
Default

Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Thanks for the imput. I'm just toying with the idea of getting another Tamiya since I've already got lots of spares with my existing TA05. Looks like T3 is a better bet. I'll wait for the T4 since I'm not in a hurry for a new car yet. Hopefully I can say Xray for life too
T4? You mean T3 '011?
PDX-Spike is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.