Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon >

35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon

35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon

Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 PM
  #1  
Team EAM
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,506
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default 35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon

Spoke with Danny today. SMC is putting the finishing touches on the 35 amp batteries. They got 60 new machines they are in the process of installing and will start matching all cells at 35 amps begining next week. The new cells will also be rated according to runtime now. For example if your a mod racer and need runtime the part number will be ____-MOD or for stock (High Volts/less runtime) ___-STOCK. And then there will be club level cells. It will make it easier to order batteries this way.

The 35 amp discharge rate seems to be working very well. It really seperates the good cells from the weaker ones. Which is great for the consumer. Team guys have been testing off and on for around 8 months with great success.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone....

EA

P.S. And yes I know I am a team driver for them
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
 
UCHEATULOSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: birth place of oval! daytona beach!
Posts: 1,083
Thumbs up

they let anyone on that damn team! ahahhahaah

those packs have some added pop! no sleepy cells at 35 boyz just the good ones survive ! as usual danny sets the bar and the other guys limbo under! i give it 3 months before they all say "35 amps" yeah thats the ticket...
UCHEATULOSE is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:30 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
wagonman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 1,090
Default

Uh SMC isn't the first matcher to use a 35 amp discharge rate.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tqcells/
wagonman72 is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
  #4  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 199
Default

Originally posted by wagonman72
Uh SMC isn't the first matcher to use a 35 amp discharge rate.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tqcells/
At least the first with a decent website and a company I'd be willing to purchase from!

Anyway, what kind of cells will the general racing public be allowed to purchase after the team members have their picks?
aviaar is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

With Danny the customer ALWAYS comes first. Often the general public will find cells on their LHS shelf that are better than those the team gets. The good stuff gets sent out all the time!
Advil is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 11:28 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Drummondville, Quebec
Posts: 150
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

SMC team driver have use 35amp pack at the snowbird this years and it was before any other matcher or company!!

Danny at SMC is the leader!!

Pace
Pace72 is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 01:31 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
wagonman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 1,090
Default

"as usual danny sets the bar and the other guys limbo under! i give it 3 months before they all say "35 amps" "

I was just commenting on the fact that other matchers have been using a 35 amp discharge rate for awhile. I'm sure he is a great guy but there others out there that have good ideas too.
wagonman72 is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 05:54 AM
  #8  
Team EAM
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,506
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Danny and Steve at TQ are good friends. Danny tested the first cells at 35 amps last year and told steve about them. He then started doing the same but since Steve is a much smaller matcher (5-10 Matchers) than Danny (60+matchers) Steve jumped out and put them for sale first.

How would you like to be CE and get a call from someone telling you they need 60 T35 matchers NOW!!! LOL Id crap my paints!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 06:01 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I know that at US Indoor Champs in Cleveland at least some of the SMC team guysy were running 35amp batteries...

Sounds like Danny was just making sure the bugs were worked out and that he was going to be delivering top-level product to the market.

TQCells may not have a flashy website, but I've been running a TQCells 4cell papck for 12th scale and they are nice and punchy and the price was right. I'd buy TQCells again in a heartbeat
ChrisP is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 06:17 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: 35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Spoke with Danny today. SMC is putting the finishing touches on the 35 amp batteries. They got 60 new machines they are in the process of installing and will start matching all cells at 35 amps begining next week. The new cells will also be rated according to runtime now. For example if your a mod racer and need runtime the part number will be ____-MOD or for stock (High Volts/less runtime) ___-STOCK. And then there will be club level cells. It will make it easier to order batteries this way.

The 35 amp discharge rate seems to be working very well. It really seperates the good cells from the weaker ones. Which is great for the consumer. Team guys have been testing off and on for around 8 months with great success.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone....

EA

P.S. And yes I know I am a team driver for them

I wonder what Danny is going to do for the Japanese Market.... were we need both voltage and run time for Stock...( 8 min heats in STock and Mod )

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 10:07 AM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
How would you like to be CE and get a call from someone telling you they need 60 T35 matchers NOW!!! LOL Id crap my paints!!

EA
I'd have a huge smile on my face and go out and get a nice fat steak
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 10:33 AM
  #12  
Company Representative
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

The New series is called "Pro Series"

and will be availbe iby the end of June. The Press Release just went out at the start of this week. Packs should be in shops by no later then Mid July.

these are based of the packs that we have used thoughout the year at races. Cyrul and Burch used these to capture the Snowbirds and Nationals.

We have re grouped them into 2 levels.

Stock- Highest voltage- lower runtime.
Mod- Highest run time- with the same or slighly less voltage.

I will post part #'s later.

P.S. Eric, you make us sound small with the amount of machines we have, that was a additional 60 machines. to what we already have. That is our second order of 35 amp machines


Korgae

SMC Racing
Korgae is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 10:54 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,951
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Josh Cyrul was using the SMC 35 amp pack at cleveland in november last year. should of smoked everybody but was having other problems getting back in the game with his new car. can't wait to see what he'll do this year.
nashrcracer is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
  #14  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I know that at US Indoor Champs in Cleveland at least some of the SMC team guysy were running 35amp batteries...

Sounds like Danny was just making sure the bugs were worked out and that he was going to be delivering top-level product to the market.

TQCells may not have a flashy website, but I've been running a TQCells 4cell papck for 12th scale and they are nice and punchy and the price was right. I'd buy TQCells again in a heartbeat
I was lucky enough to run 4-35 amp packs since November 2003 and they are still my race packs!! IN fact I just bought some new SMC packs last week to become my new rocket round and Main packs and my old ones will still be used for racing.

That for me shows the durability and longevity from the 35 amp packs.

Ray
p.s. and NO I am NOT sponsored by SMC!!
rayhuang is offline  
Old 06-10-2004, 11:29 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 493
Default

I ran 35 amp discharge packs at almost every major race this year and never missed a main. Trust me when I say you will not have to worrry about HP with these packs.
Bobby Flack is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.