R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2004, 05:01 PM   #76
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Good post Korgae, Danny and Jack..... Sorry I got so much stirred up!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Yeap,

When the guy said "scientific knowledge" I knew he was going down for a beating...

Maybe, just maybe he's running Mabuchi motors... Who knows...

It puzzles me when people with "scientific knowledge" do this kind of stuff.

And even back it up with "few guys pull 30A out of a pack" or "nominal temp is 55".

Geez... amazing
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #78
Tech Apprentice

Okay guys say what you want, but nothing in this entire thread including danny's, or korgue's posts have made a believer out of me.. nor have you given anyone a solid reason technicial reason why these cells are better.. If they are, why aren't other large matchers like promatch and fukuyama jumping at the opportunity to match them at this rate as well??

Danny if you are so concerned with customer satisfaction, why don't you try follow others matchers leads and drop your prices! My LHS was selling a SMC 1.148 pack for $58!! That's simply rape when you can get the same thing for $29.95 from Kinetix! You are the most expensive matcher out of all as far as I can see!

RB
RecordBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #79
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

RB,

Sounds like you are resistant to being a believer, that again is your choice. To be honest, I am guessing your not a SMC user as it is, and if you are worried about a few dollars at your local LHS. O wait a second do you shop at your LHS?? You mentioned Matchers that sell direct to end users, how does that help the hobby?

So let me get this clear, you are saying: we do not understand batteries, we only rely on marketing and gimmicks to sell our product, our team drivers (all of them) are wrong and our price is to high..... did I miss anything?

A show of hands that disagree...

you want to ask the questions but you wont answer them

As for the $$ thing, I think you will find that those matchers you spoke of would actually put more in their pocket at the end of the day. due to the fact that we allow distributors and shops to have a proper fair mark up. its easy and very profitable for matchers to sell direct to the end user.

I tell ya what, you have fun racing and we will continue to do the same as well.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:09 PM   #80
Suspended

Default Charging

With all the testing you guys have been doing has anyone had any feedback on zeroing your batteries for 3 days before recharging. Also has anyone tested the new cdr5000 futaba charger.
Safe SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #81
Regional Moderator

SMC Cells are great !!! Low price, high performance batteries...

Too bad its availability is really sucks, especially in our part of the world... Again, it is too bad.....
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #82
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 09:03 AM.
cr250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RecordBreaker
I'm going to make a call tomorrow and ask my friend if I can borrow his TM 4/35. If he says yes I can gonna order a few bulk, unmatched GP cells from a matcher. Match a few at 30 amps, a few at 35 taking temperature readings with temperature gauge at the end of each matching cycle. I'll post my results.
so you dont match batteries for a living? hmmmm yeah i fully trust your knowledge..could you maybe steer me in the right direction next time i go in for brain surgery as well?

i think danny decided to switch to 35 amps so he had to go out and buy another 60 turbo matchers? i mean everyone is looking for an excuse to throw money away right?

c'mon if discharging at 35 amps is killing the cells than why dont we all buy 5 amp matched packs? i mean at 5 amps the cells should be realy pampered..they should be in tip top shape done at 5 amps?

and the "i'm fully versed in the nimh battery school" but you dont own even 1 turbo matcher?

yeah i think i'll leave the battery matching up to a expert..an expert meaning someone who matches batteries for his living.

danny doesn't do this in his back yard in his neighbors garage..this is not a part time thing for him...i will always trust what danny says about batteries and how to care for them..he has never led me wrong...

my personal oppinion is..in less tha 6 months more than a few players in matching will go the way of 35 amps...did you all argue so much when they jumped from 10 to 20 ? how about from 20 to 25? well than you must have been miffed when they went from 25 to 30 right? look where this is heading bro..new batteries..bigger faster stronger..different methods of matching them...

EA nor myslelf match batteries..we charge them and tape them into the car..if they go fast we are happy..if danny can help us go even faster..were happier...if EA breaks a few old records..maybe people will take notice? some things on paper look good but dont always equate well in a car? and sometimes it's the other way around?

i'll sit back and in 6 months post here again with the companies that switched to 35 amps...
so far i know of 2 ??
sand hills
smc

if anyone would like to add to the list just post below..

hey and at 35 you can match how many more cells an hour?

also SMC had had for a long time there very own Q&A thread here on rc tech..anyone with technicla questions should post them there..charging,storage etc....korgae or danny has always answered them..

and korgae hit the nail on the head..matchers who sell directly to the public make a larger profit in the end..

kinetix goes from kinetix to the internet..no middleman (distributor) no hobby shop?

SMC goes through the proper channels..distirbutor..from there to the local hobby shop and from there to the consumer...now my local hobby shop will be around for awhile longer..so danny does not price his packs any higher than the guy working from his garage..the distributor takes a cut..than the hobby shop...

brand X can sell his stuff dirt cheap ..yet still make more per pack because he just cut out 2 mouths to feed..

i'm sorry but i need my local hobby shop to be there for me..

to make this real clear..

smc sells there best pack to the distibutor for 35.00 a 6 cell
distributor sells the 35.00 pack to the hobby shop for 50.00
local shop sells the same pack for 70.00...you see how they all make money? that is the idea

now brand X sells his best pack for 50.00 to the public...thats 20.00 cheaper than the local hobby shops smc pack??? oh my god..rape rape rape.... wait a second..look at my math..

danny sells his pack for 35.00 thats 6 gp cells
brand X sells his best pack for 50.00 thats 6 gp cells

danny is making money at 35.00 a pack
brand X working from a garage(example) is making how much more per pack? hmmmmmmm who is realy the rapist here?

unknowing customer is happy he bought a pack for 50.00 thats 20.00 cheaper than smc..ha he got a real steal...right?

i mean his local shop is selling overpriced smc packs? unknowing customer is not hurting the local hobby shop is he? naaa they will find a way to make money right?

WOA what do you mean my favorite shop that is 4 miles from my house is going out of business? how can this be? now i have to drive 50 miles if i need that servo saver??

wake up guys..i'm sorry but buying the so called "cheaper" pack is going to bite you in the butt sooner than later..

ignorance is bliss...i see lots of happy people here!

Last edited by UCHEATULOSE; 06-11-2004 at 08:25 PM.
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:32 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
so you dont match batteries for a living? hmmmm yeah i fully trust your knowledge..could you maybe steer me in the right direction next time i go in for brain surgery as well?

i think danny decided to switch to 35 amps so he had to go out and buy another 60 turbo matchers? i mean everyone is looking for an excuse to throw money away right?

c'mon if discharging at 35 amps is killing the cells than why dont we all buy 5 amp matched packs? i mean at 5 amps the cells should be realy pampered..they should be in tip top shape done at 5 amps?

and the "i'm fully versed in the nimh battery school" but you dont own even 1 turbo matcher?

yeah i think i'll leave the battery matching up to a expert..an expert meaning someone who matches batteries for his living.

danny doesn't do this in his back yard in his neighbors garage..this is not a part time thing for him...i will always trust what danny says about batteries and how to care for them..he has never led me wrong...

my personal oppinion is..in less tha 6 months more than a few players in matching will go the way of 35 amps...did you all argue so much when they jumped from 10 to 20 ? how about from 20 to 25? well than you must have been miffed when they went from 25 to 30 right? look where this is heading bro..new batteries..bigger faster stronger..different methods of matching them...

EA nor myslelf match batteries..we charge them and tape them into the car..if they go fast we are happy..if danny can help us go even faster..were happier...if EA breaks a few old records..maybe people will take notice? some things on paper look good but dont always equate well in a car? and sometimes it's the other way around?

i'll sit back and in 6 months post here again with the companies that switched to 35 amps...
so far i know of 2 ??
sand hills
smc

if anyone would like to add to the list just post below..

hey and at 35 you can match how many more cells an hour?

also SMC had had for a long time there very own Q&A thread here on rc tech..anyone with technicla questions should post them there..charging,storage etc....korgae or danny has always answered them..

and korgae hit the nail on the head..matchers who sell directly to the public make a larger profit in the end..

kinetix goes from kinetix to the internet..no middleman (distributor) no hobby shop?

SMC goes through the proper channels..distirbutor..from there to the local hobby shop and from there to the consumer...now my local hobby shop will be around for awhile longer..so danny does not price his packs any higher than the guy working from his garage..the distributor takes a cut..than the hobby shop...

brand X can sell his stuff dirt cheap ..yet still make more per pack because he just cut out 2 mouths to feed..

i'm sorry but i need my local hobby shop to be there for me..

to make this real clear..

smc sells there best pack to the distibutor for 35.00 a 6 cell
distributor sells the 35.00 pack to the hobby shop for 50.00
local shop sells the same pack for 70.00...you see how they all make money? that is the idea

now brand X sells his best pack for 50.00 to the public...thats 20.00 cheaper than the local hobby shops smc pack??? oh my god..rape rape rape.... wait a second..look at my math..

danny sells his pack for 35.00 thats 6 gp cells
brand X sells his best pack for 50.00 thats 6 gp cells

danny is making money at 35.00 a pack
brand X working from a garage(example) is making how much more per pack? hmmmmmmm who is realy the rapist here?

unknowing customer is happy he bought a pack for 50.00 thats 20.00 cheaper than smc..ha he got a real steal...right?

i mean his local shop is selling overpriced smc packs? unknowing customer is not hurting the local hobby shop is he? naaa they will find a way to make money right?

WOA what do you mean my favorite shop that is 4 miles from my house is going out of business? how can this be? now i have to drive 50 miles if i need that servo saver??

wake up guys..i'm sorry but buying the so called "cheaper" pack is going to bite you in the butt sooner than later..

ignorance is bliss...i see lots of happy people here!
[

/QUOTE]

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:51 PM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
SMC goes through the proper channels
What the hell do you mean PROPER....

Its makes it seem like your trying to make SMC look supereor compared to Kinetix...

I can almost promise that Kinetix does NOT DO THEIR MATCHING IN A GARAGE.

Thats probably one thing that PO'ed Record Breaker

I need to try something before I grade it so I woun't offer my side on the cells but they way you guys are making SMC seem supereor to anything else IS WRONG

Everyone has their own like & everyone has their own way...
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #86
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Actually I think Kinetix packs along with Fantom, New wave, TQ and a few others are very well done. I would buy them if I had to !

Awesome Quality, Awesome people.

The Bottom line, we have a new series of packs that feature 35 amp matching
Old 06-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Record breaker said he likes to debate. Having said that-people who like t debate also dont like to lose and they NEVER admit that the other side has made valid points. A good debater's gift is his ability to "spin" the answers of others.

That is whay I posted to RB that I will not debate with him as I am am not a good debater. I cannot play the the game-though i understand how it works!! Korgae and EA, etc. its no worry-you cannot beat him at his game. I had a great friend in college who was in debate team in High School and he would drive me NUTS!! You couldnt talk abut weather baskin and robbins vanilla was as good as ben and Jerry's without having to talk about how ice cream is made-the purity of the ingrediants till 5am and your both red in the face and hourse.

I see in RB that he is a debater so therefore he will not be swayed by anything anybody says.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #88
Tech Master

Good luck to SMC & to whoever purchases them

If they become the next hot thing I'll get some when I need some new batterys (hell, I need some now but crappy batterys are better than none) When I have some Hamiltons back in my hand
Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #89
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
What the hell do you mean PROPER....

Its makes it seem like your trying to make SMC look supereor compared to Kinetix...

I can almost promise that Kinetix does NOT DO THEIR MATCHING IN A GARAGE.

Thats probably one thing that PO'ed Record Breaker

I need to try something before I grade it so I woun't offer my side on the cells but they way you guys are making SMC seem supereor to anything else IS WRONG

Everyone has their own like & everyone has their own way...
If you guys only knew the truth about other "matchers"!! LMAO!!! I will leave it at that

Also AMEN on what UCHEAT Said...He hit the nail on the head so hard he broke it off!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #90
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
If you guys only knew the truth about other "matchers"!! LMAO!!! I will leave it at that

Also AMEN on what UCHEAT Said...He hit the nail on the head so hard he broke it off!!

EA
The only thing he broke off was....ahh screw it...lol