R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default p2k2 tuning

can ny1 help me out i need some tuning suggestions on my p2k2. umm Springs,polish bushings,gearing,etc............................. ny info will be appreciated. im bumping up to stock class and they r fast. i run a tc3. im running a 72spur and 28 pinion. i think i need more accelerration. this is a pretty tight/technical track. i think i ahve my gearing setup for more top end than acceleration. ny info will be well appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #2
Tech Adept

You race at mike's right?
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default mikes

ya how u no? who r u? IF U race there on point series sundays. im teh only black 18 yr. old guy besides teh otehr guy. im always wearing the caps and i was runnin rookie and i i got 1st place in the point series race sunday.i dont no if i no u but plz lmk who u r.i dont no ny names cant remember..so describe yurself.

Last edited by crACkeD ChaSsiS; 06-09-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi there, try using the reedy 767 brushes with serrations and a hole in the middle, also polish the shaft, and the bushings of your can. you can start from there.

also try going to www.motortuningsecrets.com or if you have time to secure big jim's book then try to do so.

oh, i forgot, go with red and green or red and red. i think going with purple and red would not help too much since the p2k2 is a torque based motor, so basically, what u need is to free it up to deliver more rpm.

finally, be sure you break in your brushes so they will deliver the best performance. 4499s are a good starting point.

hope this helps.

good luck!
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Default p2k2 springs??????

ya buit which side do i put teh red and which i put teh green?y do i need jims motor book? wats so special about it was does it have in it?
Old 06-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: p2k2 springs??????

Quote:
Originally posted by crACkeD ChaSsiS
ya buit which side do i put teh red and which i put teh green?y do i need jims motor book? wats so special about it was does it have in it?
ooops sorry well, generally you put the stiffer spring on the positive side since there is moe brush bounce on the positive side. normaly red springs are stiffer than green springs, so u have to put the red in the positive side and the green ones in the negative side. inn big jim's book you'll learn how to align brushes, center the armature in the can and all that stuff. also it has recommendations for particular motors like the p2k series.

oh, i forgot, if your running in stock class, you need really good batts. and a smooth, as in satin smooth drive train. clean all the bearings in the tc3 also, im guessing you have the factory team tc, so the bearings would be easy to clean since they are covered with teflon.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Default Re: mikes

Quote:
ya how u no? who r u? IF U race there on point series sundays. im teh only black 18 yr. old guy besides teh otehr guy. im always wearing the caps and i was runnin rookie and i i got 1st place in the point series race sunday.i dont no if i no u but plz lmk who u r.i dont no ny names cant remember..so describe yurself.
I don't actually know, I was just taking a guess. You have their [Mike's Hobby Shop] website in your signature, it says you are from Plano, and you were talking about a technical track, so it all came together/added up.

As for me, I don't race there yet. I have watched a race there before though. I'm trying to get a car right now so I can join the action. When and if I do, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

By the way, I believe I saw you racing when I came to watch. Your car looked fast overall, you just need a little more speed off the corners, like you said above. Try a 27T pinion, if you still have the stock 48P pinion, it should give you a little extra boost without hurting you too much on the "straights", which there really aren't too many of, or at least of extended length.

Good Luck.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Default tc3

evaa- havent been able to upgrade yet i just started back racin.but i clean the bearings every other week. an i dont use teflon bearings i use metal shielded bearings with 1 shield removed. an my batts i still use 3000s for stock class but they r matched team packs, i feel they have more punch and plus they run for more they 5mins and still good punch after 5mins.so i like 3000s better. n they run 3300s and i still come out good, i won my main wit 3000s. so w/e works for u doesnt work for me. ny suggestions????????!!!!!!!!!

aaviar- um ty man for teh advice!! so u think i can take some time off my laps if i gear down to a 27t pinion?an my car looked fastest u say, did it looked dialed? and i drive the tc3 wit teh red and silver paint job. well considering i havent raced in 2yrs. i think im doin goodd so far just need practice.ty lmk

Last edited by crACkeD ChaSsiS; 06-09-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: tc3

Quote:
evaa- havent been able to upgrade yet i just started back racin.but i clean the bearings every other week. an i dont use teflon bearings i use metal shielded bearings with 1 shield removed. an my batts i still use 3000s for stock class but they r matched team packs, i feel they have more punch and plus they run for more they 5mins and still good punch after 5mins.so i like 3000s better. n they run 3300s and i still come out good, i won my main wit 3000s. so w/e works for u doesnt work for me. ny suggestions????????!!!!!!!!!

well, seems like you got a good setup already and seems like ur tc3 suits u real well, i guess i'll just have to wait for you to share your experiances when u get your new binary motor.

oh, by the way, be careful when gearing your p2k2, the magnets in those motors have a habbit of prying off when overgeared, but with a 28 tooth pinion, i dont think ur overgeared, i used to run a 26 pinion in my monster on a tc3 and was nearly at par with 19t motors on a large track.

good luck.