No 2011 Roar Electric Paved Nationals? Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

so Rick you are for more classes?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

I think there should be 1/12 and TC, Stock (17.5) and modified. Plus there should be 17.5 Sportsman for each.

I would consider the Stock and Modified classes to be the classes that most will race and that those who travel to race will compete in. I like the idea of a Sportsman class for drivers who might be locals, newer racers, or who want to try a big race.

It would be nice to fit more racing into each event.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
Maybe the UK culture to racing is different with regards to one guy taking part in more than one class

if there are less classes but more people to race against, surely that makes a better feeling of winning and more finals in one class?

Sometimes the facility, the people around you and the quality of the racing is a better angle to take than the variety of classes and racing in more than one of them?

The host or organiser has a lot of weight on their shoulders to provide a good race, just feels like such a waste when a big meeting has poor attendance.
You realize that your Country is 1/2 the size of Cali right? Its not exactly easy to get to some of these races if you live on the other side of our country. Its not just a 3 hour ride to every race.

The area of the US is 50x the area of the UK or there about. Yet you have about 1/5 of the population so basically the UK has 10x the population density of the USA. Therefore getting more racers at every race is a lot easier.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 08-11-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
Not many people ran more than one touring class at this years ROAR nat's.......

I forgot about 1/12 worlds being carpet

I like the summer/winter idea

stock has been super expensive lately, think about it:
you have a 17.5 with a lrp tc spec you are winning and good, next day some guy has an SPX you lose, you buy new esc and win again then next week some guy has a tekin with 2.03 and you lose again and buy a new esc again. And in between you lose to a guy with new 40c batteries and you buy then lose to a guy with new 50c battery

all the time I run the same lrp tc spec and mod motor and 30c batteries glad I don't run the battery/esc of the week class, SAVING $$
Or you could of bought a Tekin 2 years ago and still be running it.

Im with Rick on the more racing. We need to get more runs in at the very least triple a mains at all major races.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 08-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Or you could of bought a Tekin 2 years ago and still be running it.

Im with Rick on the more racing. We need to get more runs in at the very least triple a mains at all major races.
1. the tekin was a non ramping esc when the spx came out and whooped on it and everything else then tekin copied it.......just facts

2. you didn't respond to to my statement about the ACTUAL amount of poeple who ran more than 1 class of touring car at this years nat's.......

Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I wish modified was easier. I say this as a guy that's put in a LOT of track time this year on an IIC-sized track, and I've spent many hours trying to go faster with a 5.5 than I can with a 17.5. For a guy such as myself, with average talent, it just seems out of reach. I don't know how other racers with less time or access to a track than myself could ever hope to tame it. And most tracks are smaller than ours, where it already feels nearly impossible to control.

I like the idea of simplifying the classes, but I agree with Larry about track time. It's hard to justify the expense of traveling to a big race for 30 minutes of racing. And while I can enter modified (I have), and I know I can run a slower motor (I will), I know it's a throwaway class that I'll ultimately just be using to test changes for my slower classes. Paid extra open practice? I guess.

I really liked watching the racing in 13.5 at IIC in 2009. You had former world champions like Andy Moore mixing it up with top guys that mostly do this as a hobby, and it was awesome. I wish modified could be more like that.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
1. the tekin was a non ramping esc when the spx came out and whooped on it and everything else then tekin copied it.......just facts

2. you didn't respond to to my statement about the ACTUAL amount of poeple who ran more than 1 class of touring car at this years nat's.......

Wrong, about the spx vs tekin, The spx was out at the 09 snowbirds and Schreff(TQ) and I ran tekins and had no problem keeping up. At the 09 carpet nats the spx did not win. Drew won with the KO and Robbie got 2nd with the Tekin.

Haynes won with a Tekin in rubber tire 13.5

The spx was not that great, it wasn't dynamic timing it just had timing advance, which basically gave you more top end but with that you lost some punch

So your facts are wrong.

And the reason not many people cared about running more than one tc class at the nats this year is 90 percent of the racers at that race were from withing 1 or 2 states away.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I havent renewed my ROAR membership in quite some time but if these things happen I certainly could set aside $30 to make that happen
Membership is only $25 now.

This is probably going to piss off a lot of you, but if your not paying for your roar membership, they you shouldn't be complaining. If you can't support roar, then why should they support you? It's kinda like the guys who complains about who's in office but don't vote. Enough on that.

IMHO, if you want to see more entries at Roar nats, discount for multiple classes and include a FREE shirt.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

........And if we're going to change the dates, have the nats one weekend before or after the Reedy. That way you only have to fly out to Norcal once. Or in that guys case from Florida, drive.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
........And if we're going to change the dates, have the nats one weekend before or after the Reedy. That way you only have to fly out to Norcal once. Or in that guys case from Florida, drive.
That would never ever work.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't think so either.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

I think George Lin and I were the only ones that ran 17.5x and mod TC at the nats.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
I think George Lin and I were the only ones that ran 17.5x and mod TC at the nats.
Ling ran both too, buddy. Oh, and Arthur Scrimo.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Wrong, about the spx vs tekin, The spx was out at the 09 snowbirds and Schreff(TQ) and I ran tekins and had no problem keeping up. At the 09 carpet nats the spx did not win. Drew won with the KO and Robbie got 2nd with the Tekin.

Haynes won with a Tekin in rubber tire 13.5

The spx was not that great, it wasn't dynamic timing it just had timing advance, which basically gave you more top end but with that you lost some punch

So your facts are wrong.

And the reason not many people cared about running more than one tc class at the nats this year is 90 percent of the racers at that race were from withing 1 or 2 states away.
At Speedworld, it was fact that SPX's could motor Tekin's until V203 in 13.5 and 17.5. That is were Jay is basing his claims from. Obviously you won 08 Reedy so you know Speedworlds straight is big enough to make evident of what is faster. Tekin's were not slow, but SPXs were faster. Tekin 198 beta team software was not much faster than spheres (after 4 minutes it was slower haha).
Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Arthur ran the SAME motor in 17.5 x and MOD.

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
Ling ran both too, buddy. Oh, and Arthur Scrimo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.