R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post
At least I got a $10 plaque for making the A. What did I get for making the A at the Nats? Nothing! While 1-3rd place in the B...etc mains got plaques. WTF? Yes, I do want a plaque for my achievements in making the A, even in 10th place! I worked hard for it, after all!

Ruben told me that if 6-10 in the A main's wanted a plaque he would have it mailed to you if you gave him your address.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This thread is already crazy.

I love how people are dedicated to Roar, or want to impeach the whole of the organization. Since nobody has the rights to the term "Nationals" who is going to be the organization to take of the nationals I wanna see the next nationals at Timezone Raceway, or Jackson Raceway. I need excuses to spend the money to trip to those places.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Scotty, that makes it even worse. Where's the sincerity in that? Degrading actually! It's like begging for something that already belonged to you. Why didn't they have the 1-3 in the B main ask for their plaques instead? Makes no logic to me.

Anyway, I'm over it. I'll just not attend anymore ROAR events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Ruben told me that if 6-10 in the A main's wanted a plaque he would have it mailed to you if you gave him your address.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

TOASTY!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HenBeav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I wanna see the next nationals at Timezone Raceway, or Jackson Raceway. I need excuses to spend the money to trip to those places.
+1

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #51
Tech Regular

....Absurd...It's the fricken economy.....Let's just all relax....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Hey Espo!! You still rockin that mullett

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Who are u ....have u been around this decade?...;0
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
+1....
There's a lot of people out there who are unemployed or underemployed, so they are not going to be dashing off to one coast or another to race toy cars. Add that to the general downturn in road racing, and you can see what is happening. Didn't Scotty Ernst just announce he won't be doing any more IIC races since it's not financially viable? He also has dumped dirt on his on road track as well...so I would not put the blame on ROAR or any other organization. This is just a down time for on road.

That being said, I would look for Cleveland to be big again this year, simply because it's within driving distance of a huge number of racers. Not to mention Ian Ruggles' new leadership, which I think will put a lot more enthusiasm into the event.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
Tech Regular

...And its not only on-road ...take the roar electric off-road nats for this year...its in the middle of the country ...air-conditioned pits possibly the best facility in the country!!...That race should of been sold out months ago ...ITS NOT.. WHAT..WHAT...---Are ya done w/the bulls#[email protected]???
Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Quote:
Scotty, that makes it even worse. Where's the sincerity in that? Degrading actually! It's like begging for something that already belonged to you. Why didn't they have the 1-3 in the B main ask for their plaques instead? Makes no logic to me.
I still waiting on mine from 2008 indoor nats that I was told it will be Mailed and yes they did get my Address
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
I still waiting on mine from 2008 indoor nats that I was told it will be Mailed and yes they did get my Address
UMMM.......T-O-A-S-T-Y
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
waaay too many classes diluting

dump world gt

dump 17.5 12th

dump 17.5 "expert"

dump any carpet

just sportsmen

and Touring/12th MOD

when you win Sportsmen you run mod, simple and eliminates all the extra classes people invent because they think they can win something.

No sponsored person whould be running any 17.5 class: If you think you are fast enought to represent a company then run MOD don't beat some random 17.5 local and go woot I won

there is a reason there is NO 17.5 world champion, or carpet for that matter
JL .... FYI...... 12th scale at the worlds is usually run on carpet. In the last 12 years carpet nats have had only 2 races that were less than 200 entries, 2004 and 2010. Paved nats have been poorly attended the last 3 years, although this year was better than the last 2. IMO, 128 entries and 101 drivers in this economy is a success.

As far as classes we should have a Sportsman/Stock TC class, no sponsored drivers, treaded tires, no timing ESC's, 21.5 motors with locked timing, and realistic, licensed, race car bodies. If you limit the amount of available traction, get rid of the high down force TC bodies of the current era, eliminate boost timing in ESC's and make a motor spec that basicaly puts all "stock" bl motors on the same playing field. Limit the sensor location or get rid of sensored al together in stock/sportsman. Make the cars something the hobbyist could enjoy and be competitive with and just maybe we'll see TC make a come back. Go ahead and the flame begin.

Open TC - open esc, open motor, slicks and current TC bodies.

1/12th 17.5 or 13.5

1/12th Open

It's time for people to man up. Run what you can HP wise and see where you really stack up in a real field. JL remembers Ripon in 1999. Making the B in Stock TC ment something in a field of over 100 stock TC's a few nor Cal guys will remember even making the A at that race. Now that's an accomplishment.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Anyway, I'm over it. I'll just not attend anymore ROAR events.
When entries were cut off 2 weeks prior to the race there wern't enough entries for B mains except for in one class. So how is that degrading or disrespectful. You really want to know what's disrespectful. When ROAR did bring 1-10 for all it's A mains and drivers just left them in their pits after the race or better yet finding them in the trash.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
When entries were cut off 2 weeks prior to the race there wern't enough entries for B mains except for in one class. So how is that degrading or disrespectful. You really want to know what's disrespectful. When ROAR did bring 1-10 for all it's A mains and drivers just left them in their pits after the race or better yet finding them in the trash.
I'm with you on this and your previous post Ruben!!!