R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I wont attend any major race I cant race 2 touring classes. That is how I feel. I like touring and there should always be some middle ground where the fastest can race the slower guys. That is the only way people will improve.

In the biggest days of touring in the mid 2000's there was always a middle ground class(19 turn) and it didn't hurt attendance at races.
Good point. How do you suppose to grow the paved nats to a point that Roar won't question having it?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Good point. How do you suppose to grow the paved nats to a point that Roar won't question having it?
The answer is easy but hard. Slow down (yes I said slow down) the Mod class to a little faster than the current 17.5x class. No timing 21.5 for stock. Done...

No need to get into the (not MY mod class) or whatever because this solution is simple and will get more participation for all.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
The answer is easy but hard. Slow down (yes I said slow down) the Mod class to a little faster than the current 17.5x class. No timing 21.5 for stock. Done...

No need to get into the (not MY mod class) or whatever because this solution is simple and will get more participation for all.
Why slow down mod? At that point, bring back 13.5! 21.5, 13.5, Mod. Mod is fun the way it is!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Why slow down mod? At that point, bring back 13.5! 21.5, 13.5, Mod. Mod is fun the way it is!
Mod is too fast for the regular guy to handle, period. I have been around for a long time and right now 17.5x is just as fast as when we ran 9x2 with 2400s. If you are old enough you will remember that no one would be willing to run stock as the "competition" was in mod. Nowadays it is in the 17.5 class. That alone should say a lot to the naysayers.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Mod is too fast for the regular guy to handle, period. I have been around for a long time and right now 17.5x is just as fast as when we ran 9x2 with 2400s. If you are old enough you will remember that no one would be willing to run stock as the "competition" was in mod. Nowadays it is in the 17.5 class. That alone should say a lot to the naysayers.
I'm a regular guy, that honestly can't handle it, but I still wanna run it. I don't think you can ever slow down the professional class. I don't see that happening.

With you theory, 21.5 13.5 and mod sounds like a compromise.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
waaay too many classes diluting

dump world gt

dump 17.5 12th

dump 17.5 "expert"

dump any carpet

just sportsmen

and Touring/12th MOD

when you win Sportsmen you run mod, simple and eliminates all the extra classes people invent because they think they can win something.

No sponsored person whould be running any 17.5 class: If you think you are fast enought to represent a company then run MOD don't beat some random 17.5 local and go woot I won

there is a reason there is NO 17.5 world champion, or carpet for that matter
Jay you would have been in the c main in 17.5 so dont knock a class till you can win it .Roar is like our government falling apart with poor decisions and wasting money.If more was given back to the racers i think more people would show up ...i know i spent the minimum to get by this week and it was still expensive for 85 dollars per class no tires given out only 5th place trophies .
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Again only 5th place trophies? Thats an F-in disgrace. We have had 3 trophy races this summer at our local track all with over 100 entries and all of them had plaques for all A main contenders in all classes.

And this is the nationals, where it should mean something to make the A main. I for one don't care that much about trophies and plaques anymore unless I win or tq but a lot of people do and this isnt helping attendance. Someone that pays 1000 bucks to travel and stay and for tires and such and works their butt off and has never made a big race A main this means a lot to have a memento for all the money and time spent getting there.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #38
Tech Addict

MY daughter called me a failure since i didnt bring her a trophy to play with she plays with all my IIC and reedy race trophies.Im still not a big as failure as ling though!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Even if they had a Nationals next year, I won't attend. ROAR is a joke of an org. All they give to the racer are rules and insurance. They are clueless on holding a good event. Having attended both Reedy and the Nats this year. I'd say the Reedy race was worth the money. At least I got a $10 plaque for making the A. What did I get for making the A at the Nats? Nothing! While 1-3rd place in the B...etc mains got plaques. WTF? Yes, I do want a plaque for my achievements in making the A, even in 10th place! I worked hard for it, after all!

While we're at it. I think they should limit the classes at the Nationals to 2 in TC and 12th; Stock and Mod...Maybe Sportsman...but honestly, I don't think sportsman classes belong in a National event. Just look at how successful ETS is in Europe. ROAR can take a page from how those events are run.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #40
Tech Addict

AYO - At least Linger got a nice big plaque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
MY daughter called me a failure since i didnt bring her a trophy to play with she plays with all my IIC and reedy race trophies.Im still not a big as failure as ling though!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Didn't Ralph Burch just win the Nitro sedan World Championship a couple weeks ago??
That was an IFMAR race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedgti View Post
Just look at how successful ETS is in Europe. ROAR can take a page from how those events are run.
I do agree with this. Keep mod and like 17.5 or 21.5 open timing. Call it good.

I think something that roar might not have considered is the economic climate that we have currently is preventing at least some people from attending. If it was 2 years ago I would have gone no problem, but the economy and how fat peoples pocket books are have changed.

Question for everyone, what are the nations most popular rubber tire tc classes? Take the top two, mod and 17.5?

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #42
Tech Addict

He also got a sore set of balls.. if nobody paid their roar memebership they wouldnt have the funds to miss use.Every race i have ever been to that scotty earnst has ran has been top notch everything...
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Cool- A fresh new subject to talk about. LOL
Jeremy Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
That was an IFMAR race...
I'm aware that it was an IFMAR race, I was trying to say a ROAR racer won a World Title.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yea, Roar sucks, after the mains, they didn't even pass out juice and cookies