R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #61
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Holiday, Florida
Posts: 1,810
Default

Thanks Eric that is great information! Appreciate you posting that!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #62
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

No problem. I bought mine last night. 139.90 round trip with all taxes. Getting in on Monday night this year though and leaving Monday morning.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #63
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have seen this talked about somewhere, but do you guys box all of your gear and ship it to the hotel with your name and snowbirds written all over it or how do you do that? What can you fly with? What can't you fly with?
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Classes are posted. Great job Mike!

http://snowbirdnationals.com/2011classes.htm
No love for VTA? I was hoping for a VTA class at the birds? I'd like to run more than one class.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #65
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I have seen this talked about somewhere, but do you guys box all of your gear and ship it to the hotel with your name and snowbirds written all over it or how do you do that? What can you fly with? What can't you fly with?
ditto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
No love for VTA? I was hoping for a VTA class at the birds? I'd like to run more than one class.
I know where you are coming from...thats my problem right now...to go and only race one class...thats was my hicup last year...hope that we can squeeze VTA in, so we can have a second class...

__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #66
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I have seen this talked about somewhere, but do you guys box all of your gear and ship it to the hotel with your name and snowbirds written all over it or how do you do that? What can you fly with? What can't you fly with?
Normally I ship all of my oils, glues and tire additives to the track in advance and fly with all my other gear. One of the great things about Southwest is that you can check 2 bags free of charge, so I use the largest suitcase they allow for all my gear, another large one for my clothing, bodies and cars. Here's a tool that I just ordered to ensure I don't go over in weight ever again(I had to pay $50 once for being over a pound or two and needless to say I wasn't happy about it)

Digital Luggage Scale

EDIT: If you don't know already be sure and get locks that are TSA approved because then they will have a key to open it, instead of possibly cutting it, in case they see something that is abnormal to them and they have to inspect it
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #67
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I have seen this talked about somewhere, but do you guys box all of your gear and ship it to the hotel with your name and snowbirds written all over it or how do you do that? What can you fly with? What can't you fly with?
I fly with all my stuff and have not had any issues in 20 years of racing other than 2 lipo's coming up missing in some lost luggage coming back from Vegas this year. Not sure where they went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
No love for VTA? I was hoping for a VTA class at the birds? I'd like to run more than one class.
Theres 12th scale or run two rubber classes. Armature and 17.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
ditto...



I know where you are coming from...thats my problem right now...to go and only race one class...thats was my hicup last year...hope that we can squeeze VTA in, so we can have a second class...

See comment to Jason....LOL You can run the same car in two classes.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #68
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I fly with all my stuff and have not had any issues in 20 years of racing other than 2 lipo's coming up missing in some lost luggage coming back from Vegas this year. Not sure where they went.



Theres 12th scale or run two rubber classes. Armature and 17.5.



See comment to Jason....LOL You can run the same car in two classes.

EA

VTA is a great 2nd class...... I guess it will save me an entry fee though.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #69
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
VTA is a great 2nd class...... I guess it will save me an entry fee though.
If you havent been you wont regret even running only one class. You'll have plenty of practice as always and time to work on your stuff and chat with the Pro drivers. Plus its FL in the winter so there is always other stuff to do! Bring your wife and kids and you can do disney too!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If you havent been you wont regret even running only one class. You'll have plenty of practice as always and time to work on your stuff and chat with the Pro drivers. Plus its FL in the winter so there is always other stuff to do! Bring your wife and kids and you can do disney too!

EA
It's my 1st trip. I'm booked.....I'm looking forward to it.

Just got back from Disney 3 weeks ago. We had a great time but don't want to go back that soon...:-)
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #71
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If you havent been you wont regret even running only one class. You'll have plenty of practice as always and time to work on your stuff and chat with the Pro drivers. Plus its FL in the winter so there is always other stuff to do! Bring your wife and kids and you can do disney too!

EA
with the airfare that cheap...we might still make a go at it....just would really like a second class...and two 17.5(3 all together) seems a little weird..lol...

going to check over the rules for the 2 classes, and see if any strick rules on bodies...need a RCGT body at least...also will we have an issue running the lower 17.5 classes?...you know me and "J" are pros...lol

these are the rules I saw.....any body is good?

TOURING AMATEUR 17.5
sponsored by TBA soon
Roar motors / 2S LiPos, spec tires,
Strictly for Amateurs only! No sponsored racers, etc,
Limited speedo timing rule in effect,
No Touring Mod/12th Mod drivers allowed.


TOURING STOCK 17.5
sponsored by TBA soon
Roar motors / 2S LiPos, spec tires,
Limited speedo timing rule in effect.
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #72
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
FYI for anyone planning on going to the birds. Southwest has a special on plane tickets right now. Most places on the east coast to FL is 60.00 each way. 140.00 with taxes round trip. From the west coast its 108.00 each way. Not gonna get much cheaper than that guys!

EA
Thanks EA. this was the descision maker for me. I just booked from texas at $148.50 including taxes. now the only hold up will be work.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #73
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thats awesome! One small tip from EA and its making the deal for several racers. WTG.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #74
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
with the airfare that cheap...we might still make a go at it....just would really like a second class...and two 17.5(3 all together) seems a little weird..lol...

going to check over the rules for the 2 classes, and see if any strick rules on bodies...need a RCGT body at least...also will we have an issue running the lower 17.5 classes?...you know me and "J" are pros...lol

these are the rules I saw.....any body is good?

TOURING AMATEUR 17.5
sponsored by TBA soon
Roar motors / 2S LiPos, spec tires,
Strictly for Amateurs only! No sponsored racers, etc,
Limited speedo timing rule in effect,
No Touring Mod/12th Mod drivers allowed.


TOURING STOCK 17.5
sponsored by TBA soon
Roar motors / 2S LiPos, spec tires,
Limited speedo timing rule in effect.
Come on Myron...Get that ticket today as the sale ends tonight I think! You'll love the race. I am not sure on the bodies but if you'll go I'll buy you a TC body so you can race!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
Thanks EA. this was the descision maker for me. I just booked from texas at $148.50 including taxes. now the only hold up will be work.
Good to hear Yang! Glad your gonna make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Thats awesome! One small tip from EA and its making the deal for several racers. WTG.
Just trying to look out for my fellow racers...the more the merrier!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #75
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,020
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have a feeling the EA works for Southwest on the side. I rarely ever use that airline, and just found out this morning that I am booked to go to Snowbirds on Southwest.....

My "travel agent" got a deal that could not be passed up!

EA-looks like I might be seeing you in Greenville in a couple of weeks.....
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net