Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM-Questions, comments, and concerns

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Default GM-Questions, comments, and concerns

First off, how is GM with their repair service. I gave my friend my V12 becasue I needed something, but i dont know what it was anymore, and he fryed it. So he gave it back to me and said, "here, you can have it to send back to GM for reparis." So I emailed GM about it, but they havent gotten back to me, so could I sent it in, and just write/type a "letter", and put it in the box, explaining why they recieved a fryed esc? Or what should I do? I tried calling them, but I have no idea how many hours away they are from wisconsin, and I dont know the city code so I can not call them.(i realized that after trying 5 time by just diling the number into my phone."Why wont this work?"lol) Has anyone else delt with GM, and what is your story; good, bad, or ugly?

Also, what ever happened to GM in the US? I read in one of my old issues of RCCA, that GM was a big motor, battery, and esc company in the US at the time. I had the issue with the IFMAR worlds, and i think John Orr was sponsored by them(atleast he used their batteries and motors, and finished on the podium)and didnt Brian Dunbar(Sp, sorry if i didnt spell your name right)win, or take second at the worlds for offroad in 97(idk the year, but i thought it was around there) I believe it was in 2wd buggy? I even remember that he had a special motor out. Whatever happened to their existance here?

Finally, where can I buy GM stuff overseas, like batteries and motors that will ship to the United States? Would their motor the EVO 4 be legal for non-roar events also? I do know that their stock motor, the Pinnacle-Gold(SP?) is roar legal, but I dont know how it would compare to the numerous Monster stocks, epic bianary's, orion cores, peak Hellfire(?? is that still a motor??), reedy MVP's, and all of the ones inbetween.

I know this is a lot, but I am very appreciative for taking the time to help me, and others that are curious on the same subjects(if there are any)
Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

check with Horizon Hobby's - they handle GM for the US and are located in Champain IL (may have spelled it wrong )
Old 06-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

From viewing hroizons website, all I see that you can get are their ESC's and chargers. Do you mean that I could call them up and they could possibly order the batteries/motors that I want? I did know that horizon distributed their equipment, but GM use to have a bigger precense in the US. I think that the GM US headquarters was in Ohio somewhere(I think that was it, but i cant find the magazine with their advertisement in it) They even had a US aeddition to their web site, what all happened?