Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats in Trinity Sticky FIngers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Whats in Trinity Sticky FIngers?

Sticky fingers and oderless traction sauce is the stuff used at my local carpet track. Sticky fingers smells like kingford BBQ lighter fluid. Anyone know whats in this stuff or another good home made traction sauce? Paying $12 for a small bottle for Sticky fingers gets a little expensive if I can use a large $.99 bottle of kingsford.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Legend

Try the KingFord out and tell us how it worked out ...
Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Will do

According to oval guys, Kingsford is pretty widely used as a tire cleaner, some have speculated that it is a blend of kingsford for tire cleaner and coleman camp fuel which has oils in it to soften the material.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

its better to buy things that has been tested and develope specific to rc.. rather than being cheap and try to "guess" the ingredients that could end up messing your 27$ tires,, or could messd your lap times.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Pinggoy, you need to live on the edge a little.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default lol

Thats what throw away tires are for. Everyone has a pile of practice tires kicking around, if not, ask some of the racers pitting next to you. If the search function was still working, you can see that some others, esp the pan car guys have used home brew stuff. In the heat of FL, the hot traction sauce is sunscreen. Corally and Trinity don't have the suncreen market cornered. If someone does not want to pay essentially $100 per gallon for something thats probably an over the counter chemical, why not try to save a little.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paragon smells like oil of wintergreen and label says contains petroleum distillates (e.g. maybe kerosene, diesel, mineral spirits). Maybe a mix of wintergreen + distillates will give you a decent home brew.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dynamic_e
Thats what throw away tires are for. Everyone has a pile of practice tires kicking around, if not, ask some of the racers pitting next to you. If the search function was still working, you can see that some others, esp the pan car guys have used home brew stuff. In the heat of FL, the hot traction sauce is sunscreen. Corally and Trinity don't have the suncreen market cornered. If someone does not want to pay essentially $100 per gallon for something thats probably an over the counter chemical, why not try to save a little.
Ding ding. I use kingsford mixed with banana boat on my pancars.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Im really curious about this to. What do you guys think is in stuff like tire tweak, sxt 2.0 or buggy grip. Here in fl thats pretty much what we use on rubber. I would love to be able to brew up some stuff. Who knows might even work better. lol...What are you guys using indoors on carpet?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you want to really know what's in it, ask the company for a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). I don't think they can refuse to provide that. It may even be available on-line. It won't tell you exactly what's in it but, it should tell you all the active and inactive ingredients and any dangers they may have.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thats a good point
Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
If you want to really know what's in it, ask the company for a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). I don't think they can refuse to provide that. It may even be available on-line. It won't tell you exactly what's in it but, it should tell you all the active and inactive ingredients and any dangers they may have.
I tried that once for "Jack the Gripper". I never got a reply back. It would probably have to be more official than an email.