R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #16
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

On the belt tensioner,In my Instructions it does show the belt tensioner,but it did not come with one in my kit,as far as part # goes the only one's I could find are my2019,my2020-1,my2020-2,my2041(2),I hope this helps a bit.The kit I have is the MY02R is this an older model than the M version? On my previous post my harsh words on the tech my02 were because I had been told that tech makes the 415 for Tamiya,so I guess I just expected the same build quality,And aluminum bulkheads,smooth cvd's,better instructions,who knows maybe the car will grow on me..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:00 AM   #17
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
whats the difference btween the 'm' and the standard one?
The M has the same chassis design as the 415 with the mulit layered top deck. The R does not.

Tech makes a one piece pully that is used for the front and rear belts. I know because I have one. As soon as I find the part number I will post it.

A belt tensioner is not needed on the MY02 because the carriers that hold the bearings that the diffs ride on are adjustable. You can offset the diff fore of aft to set teh tension.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #18
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
so does the fixed pulley work from the my02 to the 415?
Yes it will the lay shaft is the same dia. as the 415 and the pullys are the same width.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:38 AM   #19
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
The M has the same chassis design as the 415 with the mulit layered top deck. The R does not.

Tech makes a one piece pully that is used for the front and rear belts. I know because I have one. As soon as I find the part number I will post it.

A belt tensioner is not needed on the MY02 because the carriers that hold the bearings that the diffs ride on are adjustable. You can offset the diff fore of aft to set teh tension.
this must have been what surikarn was running on his car at the reedy,it was a one piss pully with boyh belts on.
if you cold give us the part numbers that would be cool.
thanks for your efforts.
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 AM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 479
Default

wow sounds awesome!! anyone know where i can get an MY02 parts list? thanks
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:43 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
wow sounds awesome!! anyone know where i can get an MY02 parts list? thanks
yes we need part numbers!
also were can we order MY02
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #22
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell
Default

The pully that Surikarn was using is not the one made by Tech.

The part numbers are:

MY2014; this is what the pully gears ride on, you will only need one.

1217; the pully gears, you will need 2

1219, these are o-rings that hold the gears in place.

Some minor modification may be required to to get this to fit. I don't have access to a 415 so I am not sure but it may need to be narrowed just a little. I know that is fits perfictally on a 414.

Parts and kits can be ordered from Tokyo-hobbies.com. The new MY02/M will not be in stock until later this month though. Tech sold out of the first production run.

I have heard that the new car is a little harder to build than the 415 but its about $100 US cheaper. Mine should be here in a few weeks and I will post pics. Until then you can go to tech-racing.co.jp Click news; at the bottom you will see a link for the MY02/M.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:18 AM   #23
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
The pully that Surikarn was using is not the one made by Tech.

The part numbers are:

MY2014; this is what the pully gears ride on, you will only need one.

1217; the pully gears, you will need 2

1219, these are o-rings that hold the gears in place.

Some minor modification may be required to to get this to fit. I don't have access to a 415 so I am not sure but it may need to be narrowed just a little. I know that is fits perfictally on a 414.

Parts and kits can be ordered from Tokyo-hobbies.com. The new MY02/M will not be in stock until later this month though. Tech sold out of the first production run.

I have heard that the new car is a little harder to build than the 415 but its about $100 US cheaper. Mine should be here in a few weeks and I will post pics. Until then you can go to tech-racing.co.jp Click news; at the bottom you will see a link for the MY02/M.
i will e-mail them to see if they have any.
thanks
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Replacement parts for MY2100 pink edition. Like a one way housing? Who sells them besides the Tech-Racing web site.
__________________
wilsonproperties1.com
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:10 AM   #25
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If anybody wants a one piece pully for the 415 you donīt have to search for the Tech Racing parts as Tamiya also released one some days ago. Donīt know the part # yet but I could find out.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Hi-LowBrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 350
Send a message via Yahoo to Hi-LowBrow
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
The M has the same chassis design as the 415 with the mulit layered top deck. The R does not.

Tech makes a one piece pully that is used for the front and rear belts. I know because I have one. As soon as I find the part number I will post it.

A belt tensioner is not needed on the MY02 because the carriers that hold the bearings that the diffs ride on are adjustable. You can offset the diff fore of aft to set teh tension.
it's might be too late,,,,, but
the MY02M doesn't have the same chassis as the 415.
the biggest difference is the its material.
the MY02Monster has new material chassis that is called Straight Carbon.
it's way stiffer than woven graphite,
so the chassis(MY02M's) is even thiner! just 2mm but stiffer than 2.5mm woven graphite chassis.

also,,,,the bulkhead that the Monster has is made of carbon plastic, it makes the car liter and doesn't make any tweak problem like alminum stuff has.

the 415 and the Tech Monster look very similar but they are totaly different car.
Hi-LowBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #27
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

But where can you get one at..or tech parts,Toyko hobbies? I have been to their web site and could not find tech anything.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 PM   #28
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
But where can you get one at..or tech parts,Toyko hobbies? I have been to their web site and could not find tech anything.
send them an e-mail
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I sent an email and haven't heard jack $... from them. I have the MY02 which was before the "M". Looks promising but I want some more stuff for it.
__________________
wilsonproperties1.com
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #30
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Thats just where I'm at,I have an MYO2R but no parts,so no race..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tech Racing MY02, Tamiya Evo IV, TA05 Afro Puff R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 01-05-2008 02:05 PM
tech racing my02 much more todb R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 04-29-2005 12:35 PM
Tech-Racing MY02/M RandyB Electric On-Road 2 04-14-2004 02:52 PM
Tech Racing My02 TheBarber R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-04-2003 04:33 PM
Tech Racing MY02 Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 49 02-11-2003 04:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net