Wiki Posts
Search

JRX-S Type R Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default JRX-S Type R Help

I'm new to the hobby and am in need of some help. I was given a Losi JRX-S Type R, but it has no electronics. What would you suggest for this car? I plan on running stock sedan. I do know that I want to go brushless, maybe a Tekin 17.5 system. I'll also need a radio, and really don't know much as far as they go. What are your thoughts and advice. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Josh

There's a thread for this great car here -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...xs-type-r.html

The Tekin is a great bit of kit. As for Radio there's an absolute plethora of the things out there. Personally Im running a KO Propo Esprit 3 2.4ghz unit, it's great!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Chis! I have been reading through the thread for a while. A whole lot of info for sure! I was just trying to narrow it down to electronic help. Too many choices
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey Josh,when i ran the car i ran a tekin speedo and duo2 motor,9551 servo,ko radio and thunder power 5200 50c lipo the car you got from me already has the flying fox lay shaft and battery falls right in,i will be at the track this weekend if you need ant help.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I run 17.5 and switched to this car last year and started with a speed passion speedo and then switched to the tekin. I can say that the size of the tekin makes it alot easier to mount electronics in this car not to mention the performance in stock. I would suggest the tekin, larger speedos hang off the side or need to be mounted on there side.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gratefulracer
Thanks Chis! I have been reading through the thread for a while. A whole lot of info for sure! I was just trying to narrow it down to electronic help. Too many choices
Spektrum has some great 2.4gHz radios at great prices. One word of caution though, with the latest advanced-timing software and digital brushless servos, the BEC (receiver battery eliminator circuit in the ESC) can get a bit overloaded. It's wise to run a capacitor in the extra receiver port to help supply current during high load situations. Those caps are sold as "stutter stoppers".

Many people have NO problems with this, but I've heard issues more and more lately as the amp draws increase and servos get more powerful.