Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Halloween Race at The Gate

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

This was our first trip to the Gate and had a great time all weekend and thank you to everyone who worked hard to put on the show.

Quinton- I would love to see the video of our VTA main, it was great to race with you. I did find a donut on the rear fender from the drag race down the straight
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Ian, I heard you let a rubber tire guy beat you in 12th scale, whats up with that???
Just another EPIC failure on my part. I did have the hot lap in the main though.

Due to my performance this weekend, I have decided to enroll in my own course. Hopefully I can gain insight through negative re-inforcement, because I obviously suck.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Good times at the Gate, I enjoyed the race a lot even with my persistent failure! at least I can claim the only black flag of the weekend!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RE:

I wanted to say "Hats off to The Gate crew for another flawless event!!" Thanks again for a great weekend!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default GOOD TIMES

I had a blast racing this weekend at the Classic. Glad I went. I enjoyed meeting some new friends from MSI and all over really. I will be posting video from Stock Rubber, Mod Rubber, and VTA today.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks to the Gate - and Halloween Classic organizers

Andrew and I had a great time at the Halloween Classic. It was our first 'big race' and we both enjoyed ourselves tremendously. It was a great layout and well organized. Chris on the mike trying to guess Andrew's age was a good laugh. Maybe next year we will be able to move away from the bathrooms .

The 17.5 A-main was such a close, exciting battle - a little tough on a father to watch . We would have liked to last longer in the Mod main - but it was amazing to watch the pros battle until the buzzer.

Thanks again - we look forward to seeing everyone at MSI.

Take care,
Ian
Old 10-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Good Times!

I enjoyed the race very much! (And the man touching!)

I hope to improve upon my results for the next round.

See you all at the cougar lounge during the indoor champs!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

All i can say is what a race. I was a little worried about racing against H-Rob but i dont think he's into chubby Latino guys. I heard about Goetz and H-Rob way before i decided on going to the Gayte but in the end i should have been more worried about Hanlec's code brown skills.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ADHSponser
Andrew and I had a great time at the Halloween Classic. It was our first 'big race' and we both enjoyed ourselves tremendously. It was a great layout and well organized. Chris on the mike trying to guess Andrew's age was a good laugh. Maybe next year we will be able to move away from the bathrooms .

The 17.5 A-main was such a close, exciting battle - a little tough on a father to watch . We would have liked to last longer in the Mod main - but it was amazing to watch the pros battle until the buzzer.

Thanks again - we look forward to seeing everyone at MSI.

Take care,
Ian
Congratulations to Andrew. Well done. Podium in 17.5. Very nice. Did he have his Cookie Monster hat on?

Hopefully someone will post videos of the races soon. I'd love to see all the A-mains.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by locked
Congratulations to Andrew. Well done. Podium in 17.5. Very nice. Did he have his Cookie Monster hat on?
Thanks - no cookie monster hat this time. I think he forgot to pack it in all the pre-race excitement.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Who knew that racing (not just watching) at the Gate for the Halloween Classic would be so much fun!

Thanks to the Gate and Ken Miller for the start of what I hope will be a great series.

Thanks to the MSI Racers. What an Incredible Weekend!

Last, but not least, James thanks for the awesome car and Rockstar Paint job!!!

I posted videos of some of the races on youtube. Search hdr626 and you should find them.

Last edited by HeatherReilly; 10-25-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

RE: Oh yeah, Big Congrats to Heather Reilly on a great run in the Main. At least one member of her family is a winner

Thanks Ian! The first the win is sweet.

Last edited by HeatherReilly; 10-25-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

B-main video

17.5 stock sedan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JosO1...5e0284829ee072

Arv..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default announcer

Goetz is a very entertaining fellow. But he can't hold a candle to that other guest announcer who's from Khazikstan. That guy was just hilarious. Hopefully Borat will visit us at the Holiday Inn and announce some of the races at the Indoor Champs. Something else to look forward to on the annual pilgrimage.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by HeatherReilly
The first the win is sweet.
I think you got more cheers for winning the VTA B main than the pros did for the Open Rubber A main. Great job Heather!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.