Like Tree13Likes

Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #421
Tech Master

Looks good!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #422
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptiracing View Post
We're still here.... We're VERY close.... Having trouble finding someone to print decals....
If you haven't found someone yet...I'd say contact BP Shadow. He does amazing decals for the F1 bodies.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
Group C
MB C11, re-release edition though.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesot...l#post11266424
The one in the photos is not the newer re-release, the body has the sponsors livery and the box has white background. The new body comes with no livery and the box is black (I know it's crap because I have one )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
235mm Prototype being tested at the far end of the world, making good progress performance wise and drawing a lot of attention.

Even though this is a rough one from a temporary mold it still paints up reasonable, excuse the phone pics!
Hey, looking very nice
What chassis are u using? A Tamiya group C?
The transparent diffuser, once painted, will add most favorably to the general scale look
Old 10-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #424
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliYogi View Post
Hey, looking very nice
The transparent diffuser, once painted, will add most favorably to the general scale look
Thanks!
The diffuser I made up when testing the original length shell that PTI sent me as there was a big open turbulent area between the back of the motor pod and the end of the bodyshell. I fashioned it to direct the air up to the underside of the wing and it has actually made quite a difference. I tried it also with a Protoform 905B High downforce body and it was also effective even though it was directing air past the rear wing of that particular shell.
Its actually just offcuts from when I trimmed the body!
After finding the Havoline car on the web I decided to copy it, and yes if I painted the diffuser white like on the real thing it would certainly stand out.
The chassis is a custom made 235mm Associated 10R5, running 13.5T Boosted 2S.
Rapid!
Bishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliYogi View Post
The one in the photos is not the newer re-release, the body has the sponsors livery and the box has white background. The new body comes with no livery and the box is black (I know it's crap because I have one )

Hey, looking very nice
The latest is re-re-release haha. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, the latest MB C11 comes in a black box with finished body, fewer sponsors.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi all, just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new ABC GT430 body mounted on a F104 chassis. Personally the paintjob they have on the body in their ad stinks ! Just takes away from the look of the body. My club is starting a Spec F1 class to attract new racers and this body along with the F104 are required.
No decals yet but they'll be simple race livery type with numbers on doors and front of body along with the usual sponsor stuff. I'm a Sauber F1 fan so that's where the white,red and black idea came from.
Attached Thumbnails
Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-dscf0007.jpg   Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-dscf0008.jpg   Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-dscf0009.jpg  
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #427
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Hi all, just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new ABC GT430 body mounted on a F104 chassis. Personally the paintjob they have on the body in their ad stinks ! Just takes away from the look of the body. My club is starting a Spec F1 class to attract new racers and this body along with the F104 are required.
No decals yet but they'll be simple race livery type with numbers on doors and front of body along with the usual sponsor stuff. I'm a Sauber F1 fan so that's where the white,red and black idea came from.
Very interesting class. Let us know how it goes

BP makes very nice Sauber livery, look for him at: F1 Paint Lab
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was one of the first people to order the new Sauber and Williams decals from Brad and YES , he does great work. Because this is a spec car I just can't bring myself to put those beautiful decals on a body that I know is going to get roughed up. Then again, the way I drive my F1 chassis isn't much better !!
In actuality I was planning to decal it using the Sauber sheet. Unfortunately the paint didn't come out as well as I had hoped so this body will be raced. I will be doing another that I'll be using for displays and photos.
Thanks for the good wishes ! I really like the idea of this class and it should be fun and affordable for new racers and experienced racers alike.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #429
Tech Master

Default For the decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
I was one of the first people to order the new Sauber and Williams decals from Brad and YES , he does great work. Because this is a spec car I just can't bring myself to put those beautiful decals on a body that I know is going to get roughed up. Then again, the way I drive my F1 chassis isn't much better !!
In actuality I was planning to decal it using the Sauber sheet. Unfortunately the paint didn't come out as well as I had hoped so this body will be raced. I will be doing another that I'll be using for displays and photos.
Thanks for the good wishes ! I really like the idea of this class and it should be fun and affordable for new racers and experienced racers alike.
I brush the body with Pledge floor care finish whit Future shine, use a medium brush, avoid the windows, let it dry.
It creates a protective coat so after the race when its all blacked and banged tou wipe it with simple green and it comes back almoust as new.

Here the photos

race banged...

After clean with simple green:

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #430
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
235mm Prototype being tested at the far end of the world, making good progress performance wise and drawing a lot of attention.

Even though this is a rough one from a temporary mold it still paints up reasonable, excuse the phone pics!
oh pleasepleaseplease have this in 200mm width
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #431
Tech Master

Default This thread will not die!

If I have to post C + Le Mans + Grand AM or anything that runs in endurance championships I will (including the pit girls )

Any other petrol-head with me?

Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #432
Tech Addict

Default I'm with you.

I'm with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-6a00d8341c93f353ef00e54f192c328833-800wi.jpg   Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-body001%2520-6-.jpg   Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-body%252000316.jpg   Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?-camel-gt-sticker.jpg  
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #433
Tech Addict

Default 2 Hour Endurance Champs of South Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tv75Cfzl7k
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #434
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Delgado View Post

Amazing, the refueling box stop under 3 seconds aided by the famous shoe stop (were you put your shoe and the car crashes into it)

Thanks Ed
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #435
Tech Adept

im new to the hobby. i recently bought a sakura zero s kit.. i just finished building my kit. everything is stock per the manual. im running a 34tpinion with a castle creations sv2 sidewinder esc and 6600kv (6900kv?) 4pole brushless motor. with a 7.2v nimh battery. i was told this motor and setup should be pretty fast. i,ve ran it only twice. its extremely SLOW for some reason. can anyone tell me why this could be...

could it be the battery?
also is that pinion too big its very tight... could that be why its soo slow?
its only going about 5-10mph!
sonspit is offline   Reply With Quote