Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho electric cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran the car for the first time this weekend and all I can say is WOW! Car just keeps picking up speed and just carries mass speed through sweepers. Makes tc3's look like they are undergeared 3 teeth! No joke!
I'm using the basic set-up still and it works very well for me. I don't have carpet set-ups but if you run stock with a p2k (the choice motor for the resistance of carpet imo) gear it at 6.05 to start. Final drive for the kx1 is 1.95 right?
Old 10-10-2001, 11:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MikeR: You sound pretty impressed with the Kyosho car! You aren't dropping Corally are you?
Old 10-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Always looking to expand my horizons! The C4 is still an awesome modified runner for me so I won't be retiring it any time soon.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:37 PM
Regional Moderator

So, what, your running the KX-One in stock class then?
Old 10-10-2001, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Cool Mike

I actually have a pretty decent setup for carpet. The problem is that I would like to here some ideas to get some more out of the car for stock class. I am definetly getting to the A-main. The problem is every once in awhile the back end becomes in consistent when I start to push the car to the limit. Right now I am geared at 120 / 36 with a P2K. I definetly liked this car better then my losi. Only problem is it likes to chew one-ways.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

simulatedwood- try 116/37 next time- your p2k will love you for it.
One thing I noticed about this car is moving the top rear shocks out seems to plant the rear more- kinda the opposite of other cars i've ran. If that's not helpful I would check for tweak or bent hinge pins- simple mistakes I forget to do
So the one-way can give out? Kinda like any other car then (my corally)....

Darkside- yep! Eventually some spec mod....
Old 10-10-2001, 03:41 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: So how much did your Kyosho cost you and where'd you get it from"
Old 10-10-2001, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Is there an optional ball diff for the front. The carrier bearings are different sizes I believe. I had the same problem with the oneway. I might get a complete diff. if possible for the front and get the car to work without the oneway. I don't like oneways much anyway.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Darkside- from my lhs for $310. Not bad considering Tower is at $349!!

I forget if the front opening for the diff in the graphite/bulkhead is the same size as the rear? I remember hearing about putting a rear diff in front for $60?? Right now i'm enjoying the one-way though. I had to bump up nuetral on the radio so I would get more coasting and it works great for me- one-way didn't like the sudden motor stops
Old 10-10-2001, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe I'll see if my LHS can get a new oneway for me. Or the bearing. The right oneway bearing went bad after 8 packs in stock!!!

Aside of that, the car was dialed on carpet. The AE shock spring retainers fit perfect on the shock ends. So I'm using AE springs. I thought about getting a set of Associated threaded shocks Just because I know them better. We'll see.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hey guys

Good to hear some talk about the car. I am running 80 wt oil and the hard spring all the way around. The car likes heavy oil to be consistent. Since I started using one way bearing oil I havent had any bearing problems. I also gound off the pin that goes thru the drive cups. That helped too ( oddly). the reason you car felt more "planted" is because the front is way to soft causing the front to dive mid corner on a fast sweeper. By moving the rear shocks out you cause the rear to roll more. Also try shortening the rear links this should help too. Thanks for the tip on gearing I will have to try that! The KX One is an odd car but it seems to be extremely durable. Btw: using a 10 mm socket and 6 mm socket you can hammer out the bearings and put new ones in. It is super easy. I have used the same 2 housings pressing in TC3 oneway bearings and Yokomo onerway bearings. People look at me weird when i ask them for their bad oneways! LOL
SWG
Old 10-11-2001, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Opps, My Bad!

Duh !! I meant to say lengthing the rear links and shorting the front links will make the car feel planted. ingnore what I said above.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Yep- lengthening droop in back would add more traction if I need it- glad someone else agrees with me on that.
Speaking of durable- in my main I was rounding a sweeper getting on power for a straight when a TC3 clipped a dot coming the opposite direction and slid right in front of my car. I nailed him good and both cars came to a wrenching stop. Turnmarshal picked up both cars, looked at his, then set the TC3 with mangled suspension off the track. Then he looked at mine, turned the power switch back on and set my car back on the track to finish the race...
Old 10-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: Shhhhhhhhh, don't say that. You don't want to start an argument.

Remember the TC3 is just as durable as any other TC on the market.
Old 10-11-2001, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

oh hehe- not trying to flame the TC3, just wanted to illustrate the toughness of the KX1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.