R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-31-2002, 09:57 AM   #166
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any suggestion for setting up for this car? The track I'm running is on a high tractation carpet with foam tire. Track has short long straight way and few hair pin turns.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:48 AM   #167
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi there!

Is there any hop-ups for my TF4?

Does Kyosho still sell that "Lap Boy" lap timing device?

Last edited by Dongskie; 01-26-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Dongskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:35 PM   #168
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Anything new with this car? Hopups? I just got one in a trade. It's in great condition but I'm afraid of thrashing the front one-way bearings. Does anyone know if the ball diff parts are available in the US yet? Can I use the V1R shocks on this car?

Thanks
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:35 PM   #169
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Colossus

the diffs are available but i dont know how consistent tower is with stocking them. for a while some parts were hard to get.
i dont know about the shocks.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 05:10 PM   #170
Tech Addict

rob b: my car has most of the options. i have the blue motor mount , AL spur gear holder, full TI screws and one way universals(haven't try yet) i haven't drive the car for a long time coz i was having problem with the diff, the plastic parts( the outter part) are slipping against the metal ring in the middle..my car was pushing really bad on power because of this. its funny that my one-way never had any problems... haha...
i am pretty sure you can use the shocks from V-one-R
you have a V1R? i got a V1RR like 2 months ago... i love it
i live in Socal also.
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #171
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

who's still running this car? well, it's been a month or so, so i thought i'd post. ummm... i've been trying to change some things that i don't like about the car. hopefully i'll have some pics soon.
the first is the steering ackerman angle. it's seems way too extreme. maybe 45 inside versus 20 degrees on the outside. i moved the shocks in to the second hole on the arm for wheel clearance. now i'm working on finding a metal servo horn that will let me run both links in the same hole behind one another. i did it with a plastic one, but it lasted one run. it seems alot closer to what most other cars have. it's a tight fit though.
the other major change was to run the battery a little off centre with the servo and mount my electronics all on the same side. it keeps the weight closer to the center. plus it looks so clean. marginal, but something nonetheless. i still am running double diffs, but i never even tried the one way. i'm getting curious, but i don't want to ruin it. i guess i'll try to get everything figured out with the diff in first. it's really too bad that kyosho didn't slot the ladder frame for adjustable antisquat at least in the rear, like the xray. just an oppinion.
oh yeah, i put a small tensioner behind the layshaft pulley. now i can run my other tensioner really loose and i get no skipping. it was skipping upon breaking, which i had heard was normal, but i had my front tensioner really tight just to get that. problem solved, but that's more weight up high. oh well.
fellas, any new news would be nice. oh that graphite electronics plate that some run in japan is interesting. but why run it under the car? that raises everything else .085 or so if the gc under the plate remains the same. i guess it's easy that way, but how nice would a pair of graphite wings be that mounted to the side? or just one in my case. ok, just wondering what everyone else is doing with the car. thanks for reading, kxone ttt. yeah, right.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 01:07 AM   #172
Tech Elite

here goes nothing. a pic of the kx, but i've done some more.
Old 03-23-2002, 01:14 AM   #173
Tech Elite

here goes nothing. a pic of the kx, but i've done some more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kxfront.jpg (63.7 KB, 348 views)
Old 03-23-2002, 01:15 AM   #174
Tech Elite

whoops double. i've never done pics before. not too terribly tough. here's another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kxbottom.jpg (66.2 KB, 473 views)
Old 03-23-2002, 01:19 AM   #175
Tech Elite

umm...another perhaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kxbatteryside.jpg (65.8 KB, 563 views)
Old 03-23-2002, 06:37 PM   #176
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Colossus

who makes those shocks?

i've been running mine but the track i run on is so dusty traction is impossible. thats also given me a new problem. the car sometimes when i enter a corner too fast washes out and slames into the outside pipe, rear end first. and that makes me break the rear shock tower right at the four camber mount holes. any ideas other than super glue, a cleaner track or better driving.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 08:21 PM   #177
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to AE_Racer

I have a KX-One for sale if anybody interested, see my post in for sale forum...thanks
AE_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:46 PM   #178
Tech Elite

colossus, i'm assuming that you're running a diff in the front if the traction is really that poor. if not, then, well...try it. i'm still trying to figure this car out. of course soft rear end produces traction, but you're describing a sudden washout. increased toe in the rear will help at speed, but that's a custom mod as someone pointed out earlier. i will mess with that in time.

oh, those shocks are from an fsr bullet pro. you may know of it. they are almost copies of the ofna ones that the ob4's use. i really like em. the stock ones are goofy. the idea of dual damping rates is brilliant, but the design produces an area void of damping during a change in piston direction. it may work well, but i like to stick with something from which i know. the fsr one's were well touted as real gems, so i had to find out for myself. plus the car itself is intriguing. the triple belt design sucked, but the chassis and suspension design and craftsmanship is top notch. want one with ae blue shocks? hehe.

well, as i said, i'm still working on the steering linkage setup. i'll post some more pics in the future of any changes. what about you? any advice. i love the cornerspeed, but this car wants to stay on it's lid if i hit dots. i guess that's the raised cg in action.

let me know.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:28 AM   #179
Tech Elite

Just a quick comment...

When I first saw a pic of the KX-One i thought "yes! that is a great design".

But then as time went on, I heard about the one way diff problems, and saw that Kyosho didn't seem to be supporting it with many modifications apart from handmade stuff on the japanese works cars.

And then I heard that Ripmax (UK importers) weren't going to bother bringing it in - which suggested either a) the cost was going to be prohibitive or b) the car looked unlikely to compete.

It's a real shame when manufacturers don't back up the great r/c designs (I should know, i run a pro3, and it's taken a year for the tuning parts to come on stream in Europe - and the states has even fewer bits than us!).
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:08 AM   #180
Tech Elite

Sosidge, here in the Denmark the KX One is avaible, and guess what, it's a little cheaper than the Pro3. And it include graphite chassis, one-way diff, alu shocks and sway bars which the Pro3 dont. The drivetrain should also be smoother. Besides, Kyosho is a worldwide company with a good network. So there should be good access to spare parts.

Why I didn't bought it? Well, at first it really turned me on. But I miss adjustment possibilities, that is, castor, camber links, anti squat/dive and rear toe. And I dont like the CG. Neither the angel of the CVD's, so they could get the servo, battery and motor in the center line.

In short, I find that the Mission is a much better offer.

Seaball, I dont get why you move the battery. It represent between 25-30% of the total weight. Afterwards you compensate with lightweight electronic movement? I know about multiply distance with 4, but you also have to do that with the batt.....
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote