R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default top photon , fine tuning for carpet

hi .. have just got a top photon to replace my old shuey mi4lp , and the photon is alot more consistent and less twitchy .. and i love it !!

its being used on a high grip carpet track , with a mixture of fast and tight sections .:eek

its been set up on the basic rubber tyre on carpet set up , with the exception to the following ..

wheelbase - now longer / anti roll bars - 1.4f and 1.2r / running hpi pink springs on the front and hpi silver on the back , and the ackerman which has been changed to the middle as apposed to the rearward setting ..

as i said im really impressed with the car , and just my driving lets the car down ...
i want it to have a tiny bit more steering coming out of turns , or i geuss it could be too much rear end push coming out of corners onto the main straight ... but its planted !!

but im unsure what to change , as i dont want to make much of a difference just a small adjustment ..

one thing i have been told by a sponsored muchmoore / photon driver and he recomended changing the top deck to foam one ..i have one that came with the car and thats a 2.5mm top deck with 2 more peices in the middle , is this the right one ? and should i change it ? or what else would you recomened ?? ..

thanks for any help
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
hi .. have just got a top photon to replace my old shuey mi4lp , and the photon is alot more consistent and less twitchy .. and i love it !!

its being used on a high grip carpet track , with a mixture of fast and tight sections .:eek

its been set up on the basic rubber tyre on carpet set up , with the exception to the following ..

wheelbase - now longer / anti roll bars - 1.4f and 1.2r / running hpi pink springs on the front and hpi silver on the back , and the ackerman which has been changed to the middle as apposed to the rearward setting ..

as i said im really impressed with the car , and just my driving lets the car down ...
i want it to have a tiny bit more steering coming out of turns , or i geuss it could be too much rear end push coming out of corners onto the main straight ... but its planted !!

but im unsure what to change , as i dont want to make much of a difference just a small adjustment ..

one thing i have been told by a sponsored muchmoore / photon driver and he recomended changing the top deck to foam one ..i have one that came with the car and thats a 2.5mm top deck with 2 more peices in the middle , is this the right one ? and should i change it ? or what else would you recomened ?? ..

thanks for any help
Hi Shaun,

I'm happy to hear you are liking the car! There is a dedicated TOP Photon thread in this section. Post any questions you have under there, we'll be more than happy to help! Our team drivers are on there all the time.

EJ

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

i was going to reply on the photon thread , but it seems like things sometimes gets over looked or missed ..

but ill re-post the first bit onto the photon thread ...
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote