R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #16
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 48
Default

reply back and let us know how it goes...i am interested in it as well.
atlrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: racing is my life
Posts: 2,501
Default

FUK_WRX,

bro. used it in my ta 02 tamiya way back 1994.
you use it in your 415?
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:19 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by atlrcracer
reply back and let us know how it goes...i am interested in it as well.
No problem wil do
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:23 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,818
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

my dad is an electronic enginner that specialises in RF (radio frequencies) and communications....i will ask him about all this tomorrow and post what he has to say about cutting the reciever wire.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
FUK_WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rice
FUK_WRX,

bro. used it in my ta 02 tamiya way back 1994.
you use it in your 415?
Does it work ?
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:20 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: racing is my life
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Does it work ?
bro it works fine
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:10 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
fastolfart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 2,275
Default

The actual frequency can be worked out in metres, generally the antenna will be the length of a fraction of the full wave length, generally for best efficency. As far as my studdies have gone, the Rx antennas are even smaller then the usual lenghts i am use to, but that doesn't mean they won't work. it really depends on what the manufacturer determines the best compromise for the application. The thickness of the antenna will also have a bearing on the actual length as well.
The set length of the antenna is then tuned through the circuitry in the Rx for the best possiable performance for the size.
Generally shortening the antenna will shift the tunning up the band (eg. 27Mhz shortened wil move up to 28Mhz)
Thats my $0.20 worth from what I remember of antenna tunning.
__________________
It is so hard to fix the driver, but so easy to blame the car.
fastolfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:53 AM   #23
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fastolfart
The actual frequency can be worked out in metres, generally the antenna will be the length of a fraction of the full wave length, generally for best efficency. As far as my studdies have gone, the Rx antennas are even smaller then the usual lenghts i am use to, but that doesn't mean they won't work. it really depends on what the manufacturer determines the best compromise for the application. The thickness of the antenna will also have a bearing on the actual length as well.
The set length of the antenna is then tuned through the circuitry in the Rx for the best possiable performance for the size.
Generally shortening the antenna will shift the tunning up the band (eg. 27Mhz shortened wil move up to 28Mhz)
Thats my $0.20 worth from what I remember of antenna tunning.
thats right.... too put it simply... the antenna is fraction of the wavelength being used.... if it is not a fraction (ie... 1/4) then it will affect reception. This is why all radio manuals tell you not to chop the rx wire.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:08 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
fastolfart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 2,275
Default

Keeep in mind that 27Mhz is 11metres, a 1/4 wave length antenna would be 9' long. Thats where the internal tunning in the receiver (Rx) makes the antenna work like it is a longer length by what is called loading the antenna.
__________________
It is so hard to fix the driver, but so easy to blame the car.
fastolfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:15 AM   #25
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Iceland
Posts: 588
Default

Both 27 and 75 MHz receivers use similar lenght antennas in spite of very different wavelengths. If we use the fraction formula above the 75 MHz antenna should be 1/3 of the lenght of the 27 MHz antenna. Different manufacturers use different lenght antennas on the same frequency receivers.
Bottom line is. Do not cut the antenna and do not make it cross over itself. Doing either will decrease range and make the receiver more suspecticle to glitching.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net