R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2004, 11:08 PM   #121
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
WOW-- HILARIOUS
Not too sure what you're on about here. I bought the most budget conscious car for the technically "slowest" class(albeit second hand, mint condition and dirt cheap)because I wanted something to challenge me. I'm not gonna blow my own horn but my race history will speak for itself, I'm no bunny newbie I know the 540 class is extremely competitive here and look forward to having a go...with or without success.

I've lost interest in spending vast quantities to race modified touring cars and not enjoying it.

This is the 16th year I've been racing(continuously, off road then on road) and frankly it's getting tired, the whole idea of going "low budget" was to try something different to my previous "cheque book" racing.

This guy asked for advice and he got it. I'd rather he spent less than what he's suggested but it's his decision in the end. I've seen people blow big money on cars, get nothing out of it then complain.
The fact he was racing 12 years ago suggests to me that he was also used to some pretty substandard kits being around, maybe he expects the same but the times have changed and what you can buy now will often be fast, out of the box.

It wasn't like that in the old days, you had to upgrade cars when they were new.

I think thats everything....

Trevor,
I've given him Kelvin's details earlier this week.

Last edited by Simon K; 06-03-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:18 PM   #122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
so how long do we have to wait for your decision; personally - - i'm wondering
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:19 PM   #123
Tech Regular

Yep, I remember when there wasn't a kit on the market that included titanium turnbuckles. Those were strictly an aftermarket upgrade.
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #124
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon K
Not too sure what you're on about here. I bought the most budget conscious car for the technically "slowest" class(albeit second hand, mint condition and dirt cheap)because I wanted something to challenge me. I'm not gonna blow my own horn but my race history will speak for itself, I'm no bunny newbie I know the 540 class is extremely competitive here and look forward to having a go...with or without success.

I've lost interest in spending vast quantities to race modified touring cars and not enjoying it.

This is the 16th year I've been racing(continuously, off road then on road) and frankly it's getting tired, the whole idea of going "low budget" was to try something different to my previous "cheque book" racing.

This guy asked for advice and he got it. I'd rather he spent less than what he's suggested but it's his decision in the end. I've seen people blow big money on cars, get nothing out of it then complain.
The fact he was racing 12 years ago suggests to me that he was also used to some pretty substandard kits being around, maybe he expects the same but the times have changed and what you can buy now will often be fast, out of the box.

It wasn't like that in the old days, you had to upgrade cars when they were new.

I think thats everything....

Trevor,
I've given him Kelvin's details earlier this week.

Greetings, Simon K, I've come in peace
when i replied to your comment earlier the way i did, i just felt you was grinding on the guy too hard. i guess i'm being partial 'cause i went through the same back-n-forth process.
and it's AGONIZING. all you want to is make the 'right' choice. your opinions and knowledge is greatly appreciated, so keep post'n

YOKOMO-- simply put--- THEE BEST!!
Old 06-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #125
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
so how long do we have to wait for your decision; personally - - i'm wondering
By the end of this weekend hows that? Just off to cruise the website of the shop concerned.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-03-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:33 PM   #126
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
By the end of this weekend hows that? Just of to cruise the website of the shop concerned.

DY- NO-MITE!!
Old 06-03-2004, 11:42 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Quote:
By the end of this weekend hows that? Just off to cruise the website of the shop concerned.
Good luck in whatever you buy iam sure you will enjoy it
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:56 PM   #128
Tech Fanatic

Reading this is more exciting than soap.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 AM   #129
Tech Adept

Default Re: Well after a 12 year....

Quote:
break I might as well be lol(lucky the local high school has two new netball courts to practice on). And I don't actually intend racing in Wellington I'm just going to have a look when some of the Manawatu guys go for a race, I'll most likely stick to Palmy when they get a track sussed.
Duzz this mean you actually mind up your mind and chose a car, sjoe !!!
Punkynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:10 AM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Well after a 12 year....

Quote:
Originally posted by Punkynutt
Duzz this mean you actually mind up your mind and chose a car, sjoe !!!
Stay tuned to next week's episode!
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:18 AM   #131
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Well after a 12 year....

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
Stay tuned to next week's episode!
Now that's funny!!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 12:35 AM   #132
Tech Master

Default Ok just to double check something....

and help the final choice between the two cars I've been looking for a picture of the MI2 SI and can't find one anywhere. Even the S1 listings I can find show a picture of the graphite version in it's place anyone got any pics of the S1?

Tah in advance.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:46 AM   #133
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Just pic the car that catches your fancy. Seriously! I used to dream about having a corally(c4ag or c4.1), then a c4ag came up for sale here for $120 and I jumped on it. It takes months to get the setup dailed for each track I go to, but that's all part of the fun. As long as you don't mind putting some effort into setup and driving, any chassis will work in nearly any situation(unless there is EXTREME traction).
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:55 AM   #134
Tech Master

That's what I'm trying to do hence the need for a picture as it's the only one I haven't "seen" yet.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:58 AM   #135
Tech Elite

I'm not sure why you dropped the XRay - at my opinion, it has some clear advantages: Easy access to the setup adjustment,s very durable and a good setup guide included.